Ambush

Mytilus

These cut scenes to ambush are become quiet tiresome now. You can tell when you're going to get ambushed, you know theres going to be multiple targets, you know they're going to be spread so you cant aoe and you know you're going to get ganked and you know when you res you're going to gank them.

I don't even try anymore i just go make tea come back res and then gank them. Can you try and think up something a little more imaginative now, i mean 50% of cut scenes end in an ambush it seems.

Edited by Mytilus

These cut scenes to ambush are become quiet tiresome now. You can tell when you're going to get ambushed, you know theres going to be multiple targets, you know they're going to be spread so you cant aoe and you know you're going to get ganked and you know when you res you're going to gank them.

I don't even try anymore i just go make tea come back res and then gank them. Can you try and think up something a little more imaginative now, i mean 50% of cut scenes end in an ambush it seems.

Something is definitely wrong with you if this easy mode game is too hard for you.

Unfortunately the OP is getting the predictable response to the issue. People blaming him for being a poor player when the issue is predictable and overdone encounter setups.

It's a more glaring issue for some classes (Like Scoundrels) who rely heavily on stealth and tactics to win. The point is that many of the boss fights go straight from cutscene into combat. Even hitting the emergency disappearing act does not always work as a lot of times they will keep attacking you even though you are stealthed.

SS Gunslinger here. Happens to me too. Companion gets burned down immediately, followed by me, too.

Something is definitely wrong with you if this easy mode game is too hard for you.

Think about how you said that and reword it. Your answer was like it came from an 8 year old. I've emboldened the part in case you don't understand. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the OP is getting the predictable response to the issue. People blaming him for being a poor player when the issue is predictable and overdone encounter setups.

It's a more glaring issue for some classes (Like Scoundrels) who rely heavily on stealth and tactics to win. The point is that many of the boss fights go straight from cutscene into combat. Even hitting the emergency disappearing act does not always work as a lot of times they will keep attacking you even though you are stealthed.

Yes, I find it quite anoying to go from a cutsceen right to melee combat.

But, then again, if I was just talking to the guy, isn't that right where I'd be?

It's particularly annoying when you see the "enemy" from across some large area, and you just want to stealth up to them, and lay the smack down on 'em. Grandiose soliloques got old in about the 2nd ever episode of Flash Gordon (the '30s series). You know you're going to kill 'em. Let us make snarky remarks over their cooling corpse.

As it was pointed out, some classes are better suited to survive the same ambush than others. Operatives (and Scoundrels?) rely heavily on stealth, CC and free backstab spike damage, none of which they can do in an "ambush" scenario.

Meanwhile, a Guardian type of character would probably laugh right through the encounter..

I agree with the OP, it's kinda lame when a cutscene or object activation triggers a fight.

Rules for surviving an ambush:

Sick you pet on the strong NPC.

Kill any medics/heals/support NPC's first

Kill strong npc

profit!!

The ONLY ambush I failed was the one where the npc drains you of force power. Starting a fight with 0 force as a sorc is hopeless.

Edited by Moofanchu

Thing is i have done so many ambushes and yes some toons are better suited but ive just given up trying now, i find it much easier to just die then go back a royaly gank them. I have never died a second time so the ambush setting definately puts you at a disadvantage and it one im finding hard to get enthused about.

Yes, I find it quite anoying to go from a cutsceen right to melee combat.

But, then again, if I was just talking to the guy, isn't that right where I'd be?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's fine at times to have this sort of situation. When almost every boss fight is like this, it gets old very fast.