Carnage Marauder Bug with Ataru Form

SinnedWill

Carnage marauders in Ataru form are frequently losing their speed buff (and many of the passive bonuses from skills). Also, I'm not 100% certain, but sometimes it appears as though when this bug is occuring, all skills that can benefit from offhand weapons that can be avoided (via defenses) always result in miss/parry/dodge/evade for the offhand weapon. Furthermore, the ataru form proc chance is greatly reduced, as is its damage if it does proc during this bug (seems like most or all passive skills in carnage tree don't work when this bug is happening - with a few exceptions such as Ravage causing target to be unable to move, sabre throw still applies its root effect and you can still get proccs that build rage), but it's very obvious in pvp - my damage in a round where I'm bugged out is something like HALF of what I normally dish out.

It's quite easy to verify if you're bugged if you turn off ataru form as well as sprint, pull out your weapons, move forward, stop, activate ataru form then move forward again. I've noticed that resetting skills via skill mentor tends to remedy the situation (until it bugs out again, that is), but this is very tedious and annoying.

I'm not certain whether or not equipping crafted Vibroswords have anything to do with CAUSING the issue, but I've found that after the first occurance of the bug, it doesn't matter whether you're using 1 Vibro/1 Sabre or even both sabres. I've tried refreshing ataru form many times and in many different equipment sets without fixing the bug.

Strangest thing: when I AM bugged, and I go into a warzone, I've found that my speed boost (and the other passive modifiers) will return and vanish throughout the match, which is quite annoying. All of my gears are purple crafted with the exception of Earpiece, Implants, Relics, and off-hand sabre (in case any of that might possibly be a contributing factor).

Please fix this bug and increase awareness so that other carnage marauders out there might understand that they're not performing anywhere near their potential (which might contribute to why Annihilation marauders are considered to be better single-target dps).

I never have an issue with my Ataru strikes hitting.

I have noticed my combat speed as being on par with other classes, however I cant tell whether the classes im judging this on have there own passive speed bonus as i dont have enough knowledge of other classes specs.

I never have an issue with my Ataru strikes hitting.

I have noticed my combat speed as being on par with other classes, however I cant tell whether the classes im judging this on have there own passive speed bonus as i dont have enough knowledge of other classes specs.

Pretty much the only classes I know of that can get a 15% passive movement speed buff from skill points are Ops/Scoundrels and Assassin/Shadow. Definitely shouldn't ever be running at the same speed as marauders in other forms nor Mercs.

Pretty much the only classes I know of that can get a 15% passive movement speed buff from skill points are Ops/Scoundrels and Assassin/Shadow. Definitely shouldn't ever be running at the same speed as marauders in other forms nor Mercs.

Advanced Prototypes

I thought those +15% run speed buffs through skills mean only during stealth to counter the standard -15% run speed in stealth. You're saying it's active always?

Movement speed buffs do not stack. The +15% movement speed talent for the stealth classes is only semi-useful for the +3 stealth level, or if you're somehow in combat, but are in stealth. I would assume the same would apply for the ataru form movement speed.

Movement speed buffs do not stack. The +15% movement speed talent for the stealth classes is only semi-useful for the +3 stealth level, or if you're somehow in combat, but are in stealth. I would assume the same would apply for the ataru form movement speed.

Yes, movment speed-buffs do stack; it is less apparent, however, while sprint is active and can be confirmed by asking someone without a 15% movement speed buff to "race you". I've confirmed this by having an assassin (not stealthed, with +15% movment speed from deception) race my sorcerer and they win.

Now, whether or not they removed this same effect being applied to carnage marauders in ataru form from having its speed bonus with sprint applying, I'm not certain, but my carnage marauder in ataru form's speed bonus doesn't even apply while in combat when I notice the bug issue.

Other classes with the movement speed bonus would be operatives and they clearly gain the speed boost when not stealthed, as well.

Carnage marauders in Ataru form are frequently losing their speed buff (and many of the passive bonuses from skills). Also, I'm not 100% certain, but sometimes it appears as though when this bug is occuring, all skills that can benefit from offhand weapons that can be avoided (via defenses) always result in miss/parry/dodge/evade for the offhand weapon. Furthermore, the ataru form proc chance is greatly reduced, as is its damage if it does proc during this bug (seems like most or all passive skills in carnage tree don't work when this bug is happening - with a few exceptions such as Ravage causing target to be unable to move, sabre throw still applies its root effect and you can still get proccs that build rage), but it's very obvious in pvp - my damage in a round where I'm bugged out is something like HALF of what I normally dish out.

It's quite easy to verify if you're bugged if you turn off ataru form as well as sprint, pull out your weapons, move forward, stop, activate ataru form then move forward again. I've noticed that resetting skills via skill mentor tends to remedy the situation (until it bugs out again, that is), but this is very tedious and annoying.

I'm not certain whether or not equipping crafted Vibroswords have anything to do with CAUSING the issue, but I've found that after the first occurance of the bug, it doesn't matter whether you're using 1 Vibro/1 Sabre or even both sabres. I've tried refreshing ataru form many times and in many different equipment sets without fixing the bug.

Strangest thing: when I AM bugged, and I go into a warzone, I've found that my speed boost (and the other passive modifiers) will return and vanish throughout the match, which is quite annoying. All of my gears are purple crafted with the exception of Earpiece, Implants, Relics, and off-hand sabre (in case any of that might possibly be a contributing factor).

Please fix this bug and increase awareness so that other carnage marauders out there might understand that they're not performing anywhere near their potential (which might contribute to why Annihilation marauders are considered to be better single-target dps).

^^ Bumping - Still yet to get any certain confirmation from others or a Dev. And my /bug reported ticket is still pending a reply.

Yes, movment speed-buffs do stack; it is less apparent, however, while sprint is active and can be confirmed by asking someone without a 15% movement speed buff to "race you". I've confirmed this by having an assassin (not stealthed, with +15% movment speed from deception) race my sorcerer and they win.

Now, whether or not they removed this same effect being applied to carnage marauders in ataru form from having its speed bonus with sprint applying, I'm not certain, but my carnage marauder in ataru form's speed bonus doesn't even apply while in combat when I notice the bug issue.

Other classes with the movement speed bonus would be operatives and they clearly gain the speed boost when not stealthed, as well.

Speed buffs in this game do not stack, at all. Try again.