More Action Bars!!

mulcherman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/SIGNED

2+ more bars... Why give so many skills, implement new skills, require the use of quest items, provide stims and buffs, vehicles, vanity pets... When we barely have room for each move?

I also like to have some moves on my bars twice, which I can't do at the moment.

C'mon, we're not asking for much, and it's been over a month now...

sign me up!

I'm only lvl 28 and I've almost filled them all up. I don't like having to open my bags to throw my bombs around. And I like to have a neat set of buttons, where some slots aren't being used, its so I can section off my more important actions from my other not so important action buttons.

example:

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/reza_86/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-04-16_14_45_17_110854-2.jpg

I was only 26 at this point nor did i bother learning my melee skills because of the lack of space. Now that I bought all my skills I need the space more than ever.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy48/reza_86/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-04-16_14_45_17_110854-3.jpg

I know I can replace my medpacks for more skills (which I have done) but that's only 3 buttons, plus it looks crammed and unorganized if i put my heals next to melee skills. Plus I'm using more bombs now since I can create them, so there's three more slots I need.

thanks

I think we have enough bars, especially since you can switch quickbars. I think it would help alleviate the clogged bar if they allowed simple macros that can contain multiple abilities with key modifiers and item usage.

Yes please. Now that the UI is fully customizable I see no reason not to.

The people who only use a handful of abilities (and seem to see this as justification to limit everyone else) can always disable any additional ones which they don't want, just like they can with the current ones.

I'll add my support to getting 1-2 more quick bars as well. I was kinda expecting them for this patch.

Don't get me wrong, I love the changes so far.

Also I think the context switching for operatives was broken with 1.2. I don't play her a lot but I thought I had a cloaked bar and another bar for when I was in cover. As of 1.2 I only have the cover bar :(.

Not sure why they added the additional adjustibility to the UI and did not address the main issue that arises at about lvl 30 on every class. Not enough room for all of the powers to fit on the bars for efficient gameplay. For god sakes allow 3 bottom bars. I mean...who is testing this and saying that it's ok the way it is... Edited by Tycho_C

Agreed.

Definitely need at least 1 more quickbar, preferably at the bottom - 2 would be nice. Extending the size of the quickbars (Not scale, but number of slots) would also be nice.

I'm not sure why BW is holding back on this - Some of us have tunnel vision towards the bottom bars lol

Yes please. I have my "main rotation" buttons all put in a specific place just south of the center of my screen so I can actually watch the fight while watching my rotation. Since I only want my main rotation abilities there, I kind of need to invalidate about 7 of the bars slots, which would be great if they were moved elsewhere.

It's worth it, but I would still like another bar to put additional abilities.

I would also like the ability to select when an action bar is visible, ie, only during combat. There's a lot of UI stuff you don't need to see unless you're in combat.

TBH, do Devs even play the MMO's they create? Understood some Devs probably hate the games they create.... but am sure they play other games/mmo's to compare what they have created in the first place. Honestly who had this crap idea that 4 bars is enough? When I got to lvl 20's I thought to myself... this surely is a joke.

/Signed.

Edited by Rahh

Agreed. 48 buttons is not enough for all my skills and forms and healing items and relics and speeders and pets and heroic moments (especially with Legacy adding to these) and so on.

To address the "switching bars" comment above - switching bars does not affect this situation. You only have 4 bars (5 counting the cover bar for appropriate classes) however you use them. If you display 4 on screen then the main bar switching is disabled.

Edited by Havokk

Hey! This is my second time posting in this thread. I've come up a few levels (currently 33) and I am even more convinced that we need more action bars.

Although I have not played every possible character and spec, I would think those classes that use stances would benefit from an actual "stance bar"; a bar that is coded and designated solely for stances / forms.

Also, in reference to abilities and such and your action bars... there needs to be a point to where your abilities are no longer automatically added. Level 5 or 10 would be perfect.

As far as how many action bars? For me personally I would like a total of 8 action bars. This does not count the previously suggested "stance bar". UI adjustment and customization varies player to player. I would be fine with only 6 bars + the stance bar at the minimum, 8 would be ideal.

More action bars please!

I would think those classes that use stances would benefit from an actual "stance bar"; a bar that is coded and designated solely for stances / forms.

Not sure how. Jedi/Sith don't change forms in the middle of combat for the most part, neither do BH/Troopers. I can't see any value in this because it's not like in WoW were you could dance between stances. A lot of talents are based on what stance you are, and each tree has it's on stance that it uses.