The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Founder Compensation

TSP_Ghost

I don't want to come off as unsatisfied or greedy...

...What would satisfy me? Founder content maybe? A Founder vendor with maybe a few exclusive pets, crystals, modifiable gear, who knows. We have special vendors for pre-orders and security keys, why not one last special vendor for the Founders who have been more than patient with BioWare while they try to make a industry changing MMO?

Any Thoughts?

This is just wrong to me. I don't usually reply to posts like this but I felt I needed to throw my two credits in...

You ARE coming off unsatisfied and greedy =\ This post, in whole, is about how you aren't satisfied with with end-game and how you want more things in game because you think as a "Founder" you deserve it.

I followed this game's development for years and was anxiously awaiting testing. I got to test twice and I couldn't be more thankful for it. I was so glad to be a part of the development process and give my input on how the game was coming. Within a few hours of getting the email about the release date and pre-ordere, I grabbed up two CEs (one for my fiance as well [yes, it's true. Girls do play! :p ]). We've both been nothing but excited about the game and when we learned that we'd be able to play in early access before launch, we were ecstatic. We've played non-stop since. We never expected anything like a "Founder" title but it was more than enough.

What I got for being a "Founder" was playing the game before launch and getting a head start, being a part of the very beginning of the game and in a few years from now saying "yeah, I was there. It was crazy haha! We had these giant car speeders that we about as wide as the fleet stairs! lol", AND I got a unique title. That's more than I want or need. You should be a little more appreciative.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, you could have canceled before the end of your first month, paid nothing, then signed up later. You would be in the same state as new subs after 1.2. But you didn't. You, in fact, rewarded Bioware for not satisfying you. To ask for some founder extras now, well, I don't think you have any reason for doing so. Its your choice that you stayed.

I love the game as a whole, otherwise I wouldn't put time into making suggestions. Yes, maybe I didn't voice it well enough, so let's clarify:

I DO like SWTor for the game it is now. That being said,

I DO NOT like the lack of content for veteran players with lvl 50s.

You're joking, right? You are not a beta tester, you aren't a developer, you deserve NO form of compensation what so ever. If you are so upset, then unsub, they aren't forcing you to pay.

I'm still not understanding where everyone is getting this "I hate this game, I demand more free stuff" idea.

I'm not upset at BioWare.

I don't hate the game.

I'm not unsubscribing.

I'm only offering a suggestion to BioWare.

I love the game as a whole, otherwise I wouldn't put time into making suggestions. Yes, maybe I didn't voice it well enough, so let's clarify:

I DO like SWTor for the game it is now. That being said,

I DO NOT like the lack of content for veteran players with lvl 50s.

The game is 3 months old. Bioware is still funneling most of their revenue stream into paying off several years worth of upfront development costs before the game can start to actually go into the black and the investors start to see a real ROI.

At 3 months old, it is on par with where it should be content-wise. Of course its not going to have the content and features yet of a more mature product, but they all have to start somewhere. Look at the game as it stands now as a foundation for what it *can* be, instead of a single player game that is all it will ever be at release.

As a lvl 50 with several Ops runs and gear under my belt, (and 14+ years of MMO background), my biggest incentives to play an mmo are the people i meet, and relationships I foster in game. I've made numerous real friendships through the years, and we can keep up with one another online and do things together in the virtual world that we can't do otherwise. To me, that's the things that transcend the world, and last long after someone at EA shuts down the servers.

As for what to do? Spend time with friends.... 'Nuff said.

Edited by Alexi_son

I am 4 months strong into SWTOR.

Even counting the EA you are not 4 months playing retail SWTOR. Counting the EA Start date to todays date, you are not quite at THREE (3) Months.

What would satisfy me? Founder content maybe? A Founder vendor with maybe a few exclusive pets, crystals, modifiable gear, who knows. We have special vendors for pre-orders and security keys, why not one last special vendor for the Founders who have been more than patient with BioWare while they try to make a industry changing MMO?

With the way this community reacts to "special things for special people", do you really think this will fly without threads and threads of whining? Look at how people pine over the items on the security vendor (fleet passes).

The "it's not fair feet" will be stamped and tbh I am not going to be looking forward to the thousands of threads stating how its not fair that "Player Anon1 didn't have access to vendor A or Content Z because player Anon1 didn't jump in when everyone else did".

Pretty much you get a title. Be glad you got anything at all. BW/EA didn't have to even give us a title. We aren't entitled to anything.

Just quit if your not enjoying the game.

I did:)

You quit and yet you still lurk around the suggestion forums?

I LOL'd in real life.

Utter fail.

To the OP: If you are continuing to pay $15/month you must think it is worth the money. Stop worrying about how the experiences other people are having compare to yours and you'll be happier. Not just in SWTOR, in general.