Are most players millionaires?

Ch_Zero

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what the big deal is with a million credits. I view it like most people dont understand it because they play games the have multiple money currencies. (ie platinum/gold/silver/copper) If it were in say WoW, a million credits would only be roughly 100 gold.

100 gold = 10,000 silver = 1,000,000 copper

So really, all the zero's simply make it look more impressive than it really is.

Heck, even in real currency, I only equate the credit to a penny in USD, which would make it seem around $10,000 USD.

The secret to having cash in your pocket is to:

1) Never buy off the GTN. Only sell things.

2) Avoid all the money sinks Bioware put into the game.

Obviously, the economy of the game would crash completely if people actually did these things.

how much money do you currently have?

I'm at about 17.3 million credits.

Dailies, it's easy

If you play 7-8 hrs a day the first couple months then yeah your going to have a lot of money.... It kind of what happens when their is no player ran economy....

Edited by Monoth

I'm nowhere even close.... My lvl 44 has less than 100k currently but she just got cybertech to 400 and is within 16-20points of maxing her scavenging and UT. That last batch of recipies from the skill trainer was expensive.

They need to put more GTN's ingame, I'd have been more involved in the market had that been the case, but I'm not going to fly to another planet to trade when I'm mostly leveling. Most of my crafting has however benefited my guildmates and I don't tend to charge guildies thus it hasn't benefited my credit balance LOL

do one craft switch like I did and you will not have all that cash, getting to cybertech 400 to only realize you need to be biochem, drop cybertech and do biochem to 400 and see how much cash you dont have after that lol.

Almost back up to a million credits will tak another week of dailies and I have enough after today in daily coms to get a rataka ear piece so that should tell you how poor I was :p

23,000 credits only,, I lack the energy and time to get more. Surely to have over a 3 million credits would mean:-

Math

Dailies + grinding x multi-hours - sun-light - friends - life / loss of girlfriend - weeing in bottle to add time x crafting = CASH

Your Formula is grossly exaggerated. It takes 1.5 hours to solo the four, sometimes five, working Dailies (non-Heroic) on Ilum and the 7 working, non-Heroic Dailies on Belsavious. Thus leaving plenty of time for sun, fun, friends, food and drink and bodily hygiene. If your girlfriend or spouse or significant other has to compete with SWTOR some thing is wrong. And you make 10.7K credits per Ilum daily and 7~8K credits per Belsavious Daily, plus the credits from drops and loot. Easily 100K to 150K per day, after repair costs often less than 30K

The 2+ are soloable np, just takes some patience. The heroic 4s... only if you have Rakata/Battlemaster gear and a ton of patience.
No, the heroic 2 on illum is actually harder in a lot of ways than either of the two heroic 4s on belsavis. You don't have to kill anything for either of the heroic 4s.

For 1: Stealth classes can just stealth in; non stealth classes can run through past everything and die. Loot the item off the droid and then kill 3 normal mobs. Done.

For the other: you have to click 5 things; 1 is instant (the last one); 4 of them have cast times; it can be done without stealth, but you're probably die enough to make it non-profitable. It can be done with stealth quick enough to be profitable.

If you're looking for profit, they're probably not worth it unless you can stealth; but if you're an advanced class with stealth, they're certainly worth it.

Edited by ferroz

Yes, that's a problem that some classes can solo the 4 mans while others can't. It's not skill, it's a lack of abilities for 1 class or another. You can tell by dev comments that some classes are getting nerfed and I'm guessing being able to solo 4 mans is one of the reasons.
No, none of the nerfs that they're talking about will stop people from soloing those. They'd need to make a significant change to how those work (make it so that you can't click on the stuff while in combat for 1 and make it so that you actually have to kill something for the other. Edited by ferroz

Impressive. I think they said millionaires are <1% of the population. I'm proud to be in that category. Even though I'm only lvl 33, earned it all by crafting.

They're lying. Everyone I know who has been 50 for a while is a millionaire (at least).

My question is, how in the hell can you stand to do the same boring dailies day in and day out? I'm struggling just to do them enough to get my 2 Rakata implants. Ugh...

edit: I'd like to add that I think dailies are one of the worst thing that WoW ever brought to the MMO genre. Instance and pvp dailies I can understand, but questing dailies? ****.

I hate dailies as well.. But it is those Rakata pieces that keep me plugging.. I have decided if I'll continue them to get one of those speeders or not. I don't think I could do them to get 17 million.

I have over 2 million, but I spent money on the crystals etc. occasionally I'll buy crafting mats if i'm to lazy to wait to get the purple cloth from missions. It depends.. I've also maxed my crew skills and have all purchasable recopies.

But with dailies it isn't like money is hard to come by.

Edited by Tahana

When I first hit 50 on my first toon (Jedi) I had about 2.1 million. Then went on a spending spree and got down to about 600k. Now inching my way back up to about 1.5 million doing dailies in between leveling alts.

It's not really difficult, but it's repetitive and tedious which *makes* it difficult.

No, the heroic 2 on illum is actually harder in a lot of ways than either of the two heroic 4s on belsavis. You don't have to kill anything for either of the heroic 4s.

For 1: Stealth classes can just stealth in; non stealth classes can run through past everything and die. Loot the item off the droid and then kill 3 normal mobs. Done.

For the other: you have to click 5 things; 1 is instant (the last one); 4 of them have cast times; it can be done without stealth, but you're probably die enough to make it non-profitable. It can be done with stealth quick enough to be profitable.

Highlighted part for emphasis.

That is about the most ridiculous opinion I've ever heard for a thread about wealth and making money, not dying over and over again in heroic 4 dailies just to complete them and be stuck with a huge repair bill.

Not all of us have stealth. Worse, I've seen a vet from our guild do the stealth trick for the heroic 4 on Belsavis. He died twice. One time I had to run back into the area and heal/shield/rescue him with my sage. Not worth it if you're doing these purely for credits.

the 2 hour duration endurance and willpower stims that stay up after death are selling right now for 35k on the AH.

So my bad. i made a mistake i was 5k off.

Jesus ur server is insane. I have the exotech skill ones and they only sell for 16k at best. None of the hyper-battles sell for more than 14k.

I'm also amazed at people who are able to sell low level gear for 200k. I used to do a run of the low level world bosses for gear and none of it ever sold for more than 16k, and now has been selling around 8k or so.

Edited by Snoodmaster

Highlighted part for emphasis.

That is about the most ridiculous opinion I've ever heard for a thread about wealth and making money, not dying over and over again in heroic 4 dailies just to complete them and be stuck with a huge repair bill.

note I said "probably" makes it unprofitable... that's not the same as definitely

You can actually do one of them with only a single death, if you know what you're doing: just run past everything, Stunning/ CCing, die at the end of the hall, loot, kill 3 normal mobs, port out, which just makes it less profitable instead of actually unprofitable.

The other one: you can do without stealth with ~ 2 deaths depending on your class.

I can't recall whether your gear gets damaged if it's not equipped when you rez out in the field... if it doesn't then you can do both of them profitably even if you don't have stealth without losing any money (just a little bit of extra time; though that's it's own problem if you're looking for credits/hour).

Note if you weren't aware: the armoring and mod you get from the belsavis dailies 4 and 2 are boe, not bop, so can be sold on the gtn.

Not all of us have stealth.
uh, 1/4 of the advanced classes have stealth; that's not an insignificant amount. Based on the guild summit demographics, it's about 21% of the playerbase.

Worse, I've seen a vet from our guild do the stealth trick for the heroic 4 on Belsavis. He died twice. One time I had to run back into the area and heal/shield/rescue him with my sage. Not worth it if you're doing these purely for credits.
I would say that the term "vet" doesn't really apply. They're both trivially easy for someone who can stealth. If he's dying multiple times, he's doing something wrong. Edited by ferroz

DOnt know much about other players finances but i am no where near any thing like million are, i keep spending my credits on orange outfits, i blame my days in COH and being able to customise as often and when i like and love changing my looks , unfortuantly i dont always enjoy swapping my mods aboiut as it gets well expensive, so with so much credit syncs or thigns i want then i am totally skint and poor as they come, im long way fro mever seeing anythign like 1million credits.