Sentinel Broke

nissanmaxima

The marauder was my second class to hit 50, juggernaut first (leveling sentinel now for the republic story and my love of the class!). Knowing some of the warrior class hitches going into it I found the marauder was insanely good after level 25ish, all the way up to 50 and got only better after gearing.

A few things that help; keep your companion geared up. Greens are cheapish and mods come quick with commendations.

At the start of every fight, send you companion in first so they take damage from random ranged mobs and not you.

Attack a different target than your companion and use rebuke every time its up, at the start of a fight, not as an oh crap button, it increases damage reduction 20% and refreshes after getting hit; you can run with ~40% dmg reduction non-stop if played right.

When your companions health is low and yours is not, dismiss and re-summon them; they come back with full health in a matter of 1.5 sec to dismiss and summon again rather than sit and heal.

Disrupt every time the NPC you fight casts. NPCs have usually 1 cast as a silver, some 2 and golds have 2 sometimes 3. You can interrupt most if not all and save yourself a ton of damage and down time.

Keep your hilts up to date. They are more important than armor, mods, enhancements etc.

You can level biochem for fastest most efficient leveling; I preferred this and swap to whatever at 50 if you want to do something else. Reusable med packs, stims and adrenals make leveling a lot faster, cheaper and easier. Plus selling left over mats on Galactic Trade makes decent credits.

As marauder I leveled up Carnage (combat) as sentinel I level watchmen, for something different and because my 50 marauder switched to annihilation and I got used to it. Both work really well for leveling, but I find I have less downtime as watchmen spec.

Edited by RG_jhanlec

How about you read all the threads that have already been posted on this exact subject and look at all the advice from those of us who know how to play the Sentinel.

I have put huge amounts of time into helping people like you and can’t be bothered writing it all again because you cant use the search function.

You are over the level where you have Doc so if you can’t play now then the problem is in how you are playing.

In Short.

Use your defensive and attacking cooldowns,

Stack your attacks so that you make the most of the big hitters.

Make sure your gear is up to date, (Spend all your commendations making sure every piece of gear is within 2 levels of your current level or orange with all the mods being within two levels of your current level.)

For your companion do the same to their gear as to yours.

all of them. each at the opportune moment.

This.

Sentinel has enough tools at his disposal to dominate any situation.

The trick to this though, is knowing exactly the "when/who/why" with the specific ability.

Each ability is situational, that's why we're one of the only classes without a "rotation".

We're quite literally the closest class to the martial arts, solely because of the way you need to adapt to your surroundings and your opponent, not the other way around.

Please fix the sentinel, its not right that almost level 40 and im being killed by strongs about 2 levels lower than me, we have 0 survivalability and watchman spec doesnt help this, thanks for screwing up a would be fun class bioware.

If you are almost level 40 and still dying to strongs under your level, you are just a terrible player. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. By that level you have Doc, have MOST of your defensive and utility moves, and crazy amounts of DoT. If you can't beat strongs, you should probably just switch to another class that can just mash 2-3 buttons, as clearly this one is out of your league. =/

If you are almost level 40 and still dying to strongs under your level, you are just a terrible player. I'm not trying to be mean, just honest. By that level you have Doc, have MOST of your defensive and utility moves, and crazy amounts of DoT. If you can't beat strongs, you should probably just switch to another class that can just mash 2-3 buttons, as clearly this one is out of your league. =/

Also this.

Please fix the sentinel, its not right that almost level 40 and im being killed by strongs about 2 levels lower than me, we have 0 survivalability and watchman spec doesnt help this, thanks for screwing up a would be fun class bioware.