Dev's : 1.2 and Techblades etc??

DemiSeraph

I know almost everything in 1.2 is being overhauled. However, one of my favorite companions to use is Akaavi Spar. She's fun, entertaining, and a unique build balance. However, she is the only companion in the game for me (and I know there are some for other classes) that uses a tech weapon. I can't put color crystals in them because they have no mod slots. The concept behind this is there are not craftable components for orange items that apply to the techweapon companions.

So are there going hilts etc that apply along with tech oranges? Or are these companions maybe going to be switched over to Vibro's? Or are the forever doomed to be limited and less optioned compared to other companions?

Hopefully this inbalance and oversight is being looked at, just haven't heard anyone say anything about it.

This is interesting. Here we are months into the game release and I am just now learning that there is yet -another- companion in the game that uses techblades. Add Qyzen Fess and Tanno Vik on republic side to your list, friend. At first when I thought it was just Fess that being screwed over, I could almost understand the over-sight. But now.. c'mon guys fix this crap yesterday!

Yes. A friend of mine makes loads of credits selling level 25-37 techblades. The problem is, he is the only person on my server doing that. And he levels his armstech guy sooooo slowly, lol. He can't keep up with me anymore, so now I'm pushing 43 and still using a (very nice) 37 techblade and will probably use that all the way to 50. We need other options.

There is this wonderful daily heroic 4 quest on belsavis which (at least for consular) gives as a reward a custom weapon for every companion except guess who...

On a side note. It is equally as difficult to get a raid grade sniper rifle on republic side for zenith. They are not even for sale from the Columi/Rakata/PvP vendors.

The problem with companions like Qyzen is that they use AIM and there are no AIM hilts and making hilts just for companions wouldn't make much sense. It also boggles the mind how they could have screwed it up so terribly that a whole other set of weapons needed to made for them when they should have just changed them to what they should use (melee = STR/WP, ranged = AIM/Cunning)..

I won't lie, as an Armstech I'm quite happy with this. It creates a nice market where I can sell things for relatively cheap, and I actually interact with people! Several folks periodically check in with me looking for better blades. I'd be happy if MORE companions used crafted weapons, but hey...

I won't lie, as an Armstech I'm quite happy with this. It creates a nice market where I can sell things for relatively cheap, and I actually interact with people! Several folks periodically check in with me looking for better blades. I'd be happy if MORE companions used crafted weapons, but hey...

that's all cool for leveling. But tell me one thing: Can you make a better sniper rifle then a custom modded one with lvl 51 barrel from dailys + lvl 58 mods stripped from scoundrel battlemaster gear? Republic side that is. And it still isn't better then Rakata blaster on my Tharan.

Qyzen is even worse, in this regard...

Imp equivalent would prolly be asking for an assault cannon.

Edited by insanelf

The problem with companions like Qyzen is that they use AIM and there are no AIM hilts and making hilts just for companions wouldn't make much sense. It also boggles the mind how they could have screwed it up so terribly that a whole other set of weapons needed to made for them when they should have just changed them to what they should use (melee = STR/WP, ranged = AIM/Cunning)..

AIM hilt's isn't the problem. The problem is BW hasn't spent the little time required to remedy this.

Create Orange Tech Wep rewards for the 50 daily for the few companions that have to use them.

Code it so it takes a barrel like all other tech dmg weapons aka guns.

/add to weekly patch

HK-47 can drop a T1 moddable techstaff. I've done the encounter probably about 12-15 times and only saw it drop once, but it can happen.

I happened to lose the roll and got butthurt since I was carrying a group of people thru the thing, and needed no loot whatsoever. The staff would have been nice...but I dont use Torian anyways but thats besides the point. He's in full columi but his weapon is such a joke...

There is this wonderful daily heroic 4 quest on belsavis which (at least for consular) gives as a reward a custom weapon for every companion except guess who...

On a side note. It is equally as difficult to get a raid grade sniper rifle on republic side for zenith. They are not even for sale from the Columi/Rakata/PvP vendors.

I'm not sure for the Consular as of yet because I haven't gotten that high on him. but for the Sith Warrior the quest gives a custom item for every companion... got one for each of my guys to include Broonmark's new Techblade. got two blasters for Vette as well :jawa_smile:

I'm not sure for the Consular as of yet because I haven't gotten that high on him. but for the Sith Warrior the quest gives a custom item for every companion... got one for each of my guys to include Broonmark's new Techblade. got two blasters for Vette as well :jawa_smile:

Pretty sure Broonmark uses Vibroswords, (not Techblades) as his main stat is Strength. It's fairly easy to find moddable weapons for Strength-based melee companions. (In fact, most of them start with one.)

Edited by Grimgrey

that's all cool for leveling. But tell me one thing: Can you make a better sniper rifle then a custom modded one with lvl 51 barrel from dailys + lvl 58 mods stripped from scoundrel battlemaster gear? Republic side that is. And it still isn't better then Rakata blaster on my Tharan.

Qyzen is even worse, in this regard...

Imp equivalent would prolly be asking for an assault cannon.

Maybe. Armstech can craft this moddable:

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/ceXCBL7/ten-kilometer-killer

Or this green, which can be RE'd into Purple. I don't know what the relative damage values are, but it should be a step above a gun with a level 49 purple barrel.

http://www.torhead.com/schematic/8SpYUQV/wraith-elite-sniper

I am 99% certain there are no moddable Techstaves, but I HAVE heard of a moddable Electrostaff dropping off that particular boss. Remember, they look very similar...

I am 99% certain there are no moddable Techstaves, but I HAVE heard of a moddable Electrostaff dropping off that particular boss. Remember, they look very similar...

I am 100% certain there are no moddable Techstaves.

Whatever he drops it probably requires Electrostaff to use, not Techstaff.

I think it's more to do with cosmetic reasons, making a melee weapon with aim as the primary attribute means that the armour that companion will wear (and therefore resemble) will be Trooper/Bounty Hunter gear rather than Knight/Warrior gear. That way you don't end up with what looks like a Jedi Knight running around after a smuggler. That's also why Broonmark, Khem Val, Bowdaar and Skadge can get away with using strength as their primary attribute, since equipping armour on them doesn't alter their look. I'm also guessing that the tech weapons were added after the design decision to make the five companions conform to a particular unique role each, mainly based on the weapons being wielded in these pics:

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/qyzen-fess

http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/tanno-vik

As for why there ain't no orange moddable versions, they're the only weapons in the game that player characters cannot ever use, and thus a low priority.

Easiest fix would be to just make moddable versions that use blaster barrels in place of hilts.