Am I the only one that hates thier companions?

kirorx

Every time I see my companion get stuck somewhere, I say to myself that if BW is going to make us rely on companions, at least make it so that they don't get stuck. I'm fine with making them stick to within 5-10 meters of us at all times, no matter what. I've seen them get stuck doing nothing in combat quite often too. So yes, I am sick of baby sitting companions.

My sorcerer has a real tough time with Khem Val being twitchy, so I just don't use him.... even though he's my baby <3 I love that force-user eating big lug. My sorc is 30, I haven't used him since I got my crew skills(and trying to do those 2+ heroics by myself)

Or you can always do what I did with the rest of my characters; I asked my boyfriend to level with me and we just do **** ourselves. ....Not so much ask but force.... Anyways. We end up either not using the companions or always having one out on a crew skill at any given time. Really, if we have them out, it's just for aesthetics or one of us isn't a healer and we have talos or quinn out. Or Mako. But really, screw her.

So it's not like companions are ESSENTIAL.... It's just that they're usually helpful. except for 2vr8. He's not. He thinks he is, but he's not. I want to melt him down into scrap metal. And then feed it to baby rancors.

*raises hand*

They dont exactly ruin the game but theyre annoying to play with. I dont mind using them here and there but needing them all the time (specially at higher levels) is annoying. Game should not have been balanced around using them.

If the game were not balanced around companions being used, then that'd make the game ridiculously easy for companion users.

You do not have to use a companion to level. You can group to do heroic quests (and solo ones for that matter) and flashpoint, or you can do PVP warzones.

If you don't want to group with other players, you have a selection of companions to group with.

There are no "pet classes" in SWTOR. Companions are not pets and are not an integral part of any class -- they are a tool to fill in gaps in the skill inventory of each class when other players are not available.

I disagree. They are pets. Fancy pets, but pets none the less.

I think the companions are great. As a fan of single player group RPGs like Bioware's other games, I probably wouldn't even play this game otherwise.

I like what they bring to combat and to the story.

And Kira's got some great one-liners in combat.

"Feel my force!"

"Eat lightsaber jerk!"

I never get tired of hearing those. :D

I disagree. They are pets. Fancy pets, but pets none the less.

I disagree.

They speak, interact, have emotion, have opinions, can become your character's friend/lover/wife, they can craft for you, they dust your ship's quarters, cook for you, argue with you, fight with you, and much more.

They are companions.

Edited by Azzras

It depends on the companion. Some I love, some I can't stand. (For example, Talos Drellik is adorable, but I want to punch Vette in the mouth.)

I've only really found the healy companions extremely useful in fights so far, though. The tanks are too squishy.

I think the companions are great. As a fan of single player group RPGs like Bioware's other games, I probably wouldn't even play this game otherwise.

I like what they bring to combat and to the story.

And Kira's got some great one-liners in combat.

"Feel my force!"

"Eat lightsaber jerk!"

I never get tired of hearing those. :D

Haha, some of them have great one liners.

One of my favorites...

Corso Riggs: "Now you're dumb, ugly AND dead!" :D