Reviving is a Pain in the Neck!

Celcionna

Don't die doing foolish things, and you never have to worry about some crazy elite robot killing you unexpectedly. If you die repeatedly, you can return to the nearest med center, which there are plenty scattered through out the game, and you can avoid the 10 minute revive timer completely. If you do encounter it and don't want to return to a med center, you can always use the 10 minutes to determine what you are doing wrong. I have been playing this game since the first day of early access, and I have never once seen a 10 minute revive timer. If you are hitting it, you are doing something wrong.

I don't know about you but having to wait 5 seconds....then 30 seconds....than 2 minutes and the WOAH "I have to wait 10 minutes?!" to get a medical probe droid when you're out in the boonies and some crazy elite robot kills you. And don't kid yourself; no one wants to go back to the medcenter and have to fight their way back to the place where they died, alright? I think the producers should do something, if anything, about the wait time if they can.

Pro Tip: Make friends in an MMO.

in some mmo, you can lose a level if you die ;)

Here is my hard luck story from eq1. I still remember it even though it must be well over 10 years now. I was playing a troll or ogre shaman. I ding level 9, and buy sow, then immediately start on my journey up to the NE city of Neriak. So I get there and try to find someone to bind me. No luck inside the city, so I head out to try to find someone to bind me outside at the entrance to the city. A rovering mob comes and two or three shots me. Bam! I am back in my starting city at level 8 with no gear or sow because my corpse is outside of Neriak.

Yeah, I have to agree with just don't die so much. I have played mostly solo from 1 - 42 on one character, and 1 - 33 on another character. And I have not seen this as an issue, even when soloing most of the heroics (there are some that just don't work without multiple people, especially the 4's)

Also, what class are you playing? What companion are you using? If you are playing a dps class, with a dps pet, then you are probably going to die a lot. Especially if you are trying to do heroics on your own, someone needs to tank or heal or something, some of the golds/plats just have too much health to burn down without some healing.

Usually if I'm reaching the ten minute timer, I just go back to the medcenter to repair my gear and get more stims. Now if all the deaths were because of some Elite, I might just read up about him or ask for help from a guildie before going back. My Sentinel was always broke because he died too much. My alts don't have that problem because they are usually over level.

My wife complains about this very thing and when I am being an idiot, I laugh. (Which leads to a fight, that I lose because, well, I'm an idiot for sticking my head in the lions mouth).

You are doing something wrong if you ever hit the ten minute timer. 1. You probably need to repair, which does lower your stats and armor, which is what is making you die faster. 2. You need to look at your combat tactics because most mobs in this game should NOT kill you if you play correctly.

And by correctly I do not mean run in and mash buttons until you die.

1. Stuns

2. Interrupts

3. Knockbacks

4. Crowd Control

Every class has at least two of these abilities.

My wife went emo about not being able to kill a gold on her Inquisitor. So I watched her next attempt. She died, and the gold had about 1/3 of his health left.

I explained to her, what she was doing wrong.

She didn't believe me so I showed her. I used Interrupts, Crowd Control, killed weakest to hardest, healed, and let my companion do their job.

The gold died and I had 90 percent health.

She said to me, "How did you do that, I didn't even know I had those abilities. How was I supposed to know?"

I said, "You can read, I just assumed." And yes, I slept on the couch.

Change your tactics, the rez timers are there to keep people from corpse running to objectives.

I read this like 20 minutes ago and I'm still laughing.

It's even funnier because you know that 80%+ of the people that are complaining are probably doing the same thing. If people would just take a deep breath, pay attention and think through things rather than just screaming that the game sucks......well the forums would be quieter.

My wife complains about this very thing and when I am being an idiot, I laugh. (Which leads to a fight, that I lose because, well, I'm an idiot for sticking my head in the lions mouth).

And yes, I slept on the couch.

LOL you sir made my day. Nice to know I'm not the only guy who ends up sleeping on the couch for "helping" :D