Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

GustaveXIII

Patch day today and they didn't fix this bug which they are clearly aware of. Then again. I picked up the quest before the patch, so maybe it is fixed.

I was getting infected left, right and center and thought i was doing something wrong. Glad to see it was just a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
This mission is the worst grind fest in the history of grind fests and baring in mind i played wow in the early days that's a bold statement. I have been killing those damn things for an hour and its just the dullest thing ever. I play games when i'm bored because they are fun but this mission just made me so bored I had to turn it off.

• 1 month later...
Hello!

We're sorry to see you're having an issue with the infected ghouls. We hope you will take the time to submit an in-game bug report as well, since that is currently the best resource we have to document such issues.

You can submit a Bug Report in-game by going to: Customer Support -> Request Help -> Create Ticket - Select "Bug Report" from the Category Selection.

We hope this helps you find resolution to your problem.

sorry, but what you suggest is not a very good resource for bug reporting. this bug still exists. stop pretending like you actually fix stuff when we report bugs.

Ferocious Ragoul will infect. I just let the small ones beat on me for a few mins...no results...soon as the Ferocious him me...i got the quest update. Go to the suggested spot on the map..in the North West Corner..will find one.

\

Hope that Helps

• 5 months later...
Just wanted to chime in and say this still seems to be an issue. I must just be a glutton for punishment because I was wailing on rakgouls for the entire hour and half without getting infected. The mission reset, I found this thread, reset once more just for good measure and the very first silver I attacked satisfied the mission. Pretty lame.

• 2 months later...

Just had a problem with this.

The infection is granted by the stronger Rakghouls. It will apply a debuff to your character (it stacks up to five but does not need to be 5 for the quest to complete).

Put your companion on passive.

If your mission is not completing after being infected. Wait for the Debuff to come off your character, Reset the quest and annoy another Rakghoul, once you are infected the quest should ding up completed.

If you are surrounded by a lot of the smaller Rakghouls, kill them as they have a pack mentality and the more attacking the more damage they do.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Call me a necro if you want, but this bug isn't dead, and the forum topic shouldn't be either. Thanks to this thread I was able to complete the mission. I had logged out and back in with this quest active, and had to reset the quest in order for it to update me as "infected." I submitted a bug report also. It's pretty sad that a 5 year old bug is still biting.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Done this before on other characters no problem. Today, it doesn't work, even after abandoning it multiple times. Pathetic that it still exists at this point. Take the damn thing out of the game if it's that much of a pain in the *** for people to complete.