The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Reeny

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got beat in every CGI scene.

She'd only be classed as powerful if she was fighting non special characters that aren't tied to lore.

Yeah... i really call the hope trailer a loss for her.... especially that part where she uses a force push to smash Darth Malgus through a rock

Jedi Shadows in this game have it.

Technically all Jedi Shadows are all one character. You pick the name and the face, but you fill the same role. You are a savior of the Republic, and the most powerful Jedi alive. So Shatterpoint is still rare, and it only makes sense that you should have it.

Just watched the trailers again. Malgus definitely dominates, especially in the "Return" trailer. Not only does he have a killing blow on her (deflected by her master) but he then proceeds to fry her with lightning, causing her to lose her lightsaber. Had the two been fighting alone, she would have died right there and then.

Now, to those saying "yes, but she wasn't trained as much as he was", fair enough. But Malgus, an apprentice, then proceeds to kill Kao Cen Darach, a powerful Jedi Master. He destroys the debris chucked toward him, jumps on the Zabrak and destroys him with overwhelming force, leaving him no chance whatsoever.

Conclusion: when Malgus was but an apprentice, he was already more powerful than Satele's master and would have killed both of them had she not fled.

Still going?

In the trailers, Malgus was clearly the better of the two in lightsaber skills.

Jump to Fatal Alliance now Satele Shan is a master of Ataru and Makashi and makes a Sith Apprentice begrudgingly admit that her major abilities with the force show just how powerful a Jedi can be, enough to rival a Sith.

Jump to her in the game and she has learnt Shatterpoint, regularly becomes one with the force and destroys Harrower Class Dreadnoughts by herself.

Grand Master Shan>Darth Malgus>Jedi Knight Shan.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

She's a Padawan in the Return movie, and holds her own quite well.

She's probably a Knight in Hope, where she blocks a lightsaber WITH HER BARE HAND, before proceeding to bury Malgus under a mountain.

Yeah, she's got it.

...after getting saved by Jace Malcom, yeah.

...after getting saved by Jace Malcom, yeah.

The good Colonel is a BMF from the word Go. That said, Satele was trained by another BMF and becomes one in her own right. Yeah, she was getting pwned in Return, and in Hope to a lesser extent. Then Fatal Alliance showed what she can do, and yep. She achieved BMF status.

In fact, my guess is that COL Malcolm is Theron's father. No confirmation on it to my knowledge, but it would make sense. He saved her life HOW many times? lol ;)

• 1 month later...
1 She left the station because she had to warn the Jedi of the Empire coming back . She wasn't "Saved" by her master , although he is the reason she got away . There is no telling how the outcome would have been is she had chanced it and stayed . Her master did kill Malgus master rather easy .

2 She saved the Trooper who then helped her Defeat Malgus , then she left him to die buried under rocks where she put him .

3 Malgus is dead current and she is the Grandmaster of the Jedi .

I have to say though she did have a son with no force connection .

Do not get me wrong , his story so far is good . But coming from a longline of Jedi and having 3 known powerful Jedi in your family would make you think he would be too.

Satele Shan's master gave her son his Lightsaber as he was dieing and said it was his inheritance, maybe he was the father ? I am a little behind in this story

From what I have seen and read so far that it is rare for a Jedi or Sith to give their LightSabers to someone even in their own family that cannot use it . Just food for thought !

just an fyi malgus isnt dead, he flees after that fight in ilum

Satele in the timeline of the game , already a shadow of her former self

In the Opening Movie of SWTOR , from the Return and to the Alderaan Battle Scene, you see Satele in her youth and peak performance.. in the SWTOR game time, she is already too old for the jedi physical combat.. she is the leader of Jedi Council, her position now is to lead and teach.. not combat..

She admitted this when you ask her ( in the Carrick Station Flashpoint Terminals) to come with you to help in certain FP.. She will tell you that she is too old now , unlike you (the player) thats young and strong

Oh lord... Immaculate conception.... Worst. Star Wars. Plot. Device. Ever. Basically saying that Anakin is another Jesus. I'm not religious, but I've always had a problem with that story of Shmi's. Personally, I think she said that so they wouldn't think she was a ****. Also, I said I BELIEVE the kid's dad was that guy, not that it was CANON FACT. I just went off deductive reasoning as to who the daddy could be.

how much you wanna bet palpatine was his dad. he hinted as much in the scene where he was talking about stoping even death itself. whether he boinked shmi himself and force wiped her mind, or used the force to conceive. ill bet you anything palpatine was the father.

how much you wanna bet palpatine was his dad. he hinted as much in the scene where he was talking about stoping even death itself. whether he boinked shmi himself and force wiped her mind, or used the force to conceive. ill bet you anything palpatine was the father.

Actually, I think it was supposedly Sidious' Master, Darth Plagueius (or however you spell that) running experiments on Shmi with the Force that got her pregnant.

Actually, I think it was supposedly Sidious' Master, Darth Plagueius (or however you spell that) running experiments on Shmi with the Force that got her pregnant.

No, Sidious and his master performed a ritual to summon the perfect Sith being, in other words another Sith'Ari, but it back fired and in retaliation for this the Force created Anakin Skywalker, destined to destroy the Sith.

No, Sidious and his master performed a ritual to summon the perfect Sith being, in other words another Sith'Ari, but it back fired and in retaliation for this the Force created Anakin Skywalker, destined to destroy the Sith.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that, but then, I never read the book where it is supposed to take place.

Satele clearly stated in the Swtor limited edition box that she feared fighting Malgus and only survived in the hope trailer because of Malcolm.

P.S i hope Vitiate and Malgus aren't killed off by your character in swtor. I think it makes a terrible story and knowing how powerful Vitiate is then getting defeated by a swtor character is just lazy story telling. Lets hope the character you play doesn't kill them off and another author made character or something does.

She's the grand master of the order. I think it's safe to say she is strong. Sad that we don't see her in game defending the republic on what she calls the greatest threat to the galaxy multiple times. I guess she just couldn't be bugged to help.

She's the grand master of the order. I think it's safe to say she is strong. Sad that we don't see her in game defending the republic on what she calls the greatest threat to the galaxy multiple times. I guess she just couldn't be bugged to help.

Yoda ones up her on that and also fighting the Emperor. :p