The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Reeny

Because there is nothing to get. The truth is you are pulling this theory out of your behind. It's nothing but baseless conjecture based on how you would like things to have played out vs what is actually depicted in the video.

How did you come to the conclusion that Malgus's saber was being rendered useless? Site your source. Conjecture on your part does not count as a source:)

The ability to absorb energy is not an "I win" button. Ask Yoda.

That trooper saved Satele. That is what the video depicted. End of story. To make blind conjecture about "what would have happened if..." is just that - conjecture.

I'm sure you think Satele had Malgus just where she wanted him in the Return trailer too. Lucky for Malgus her master saved him by deflecting his saber in an ironic attempt to save Satele.

What next? Was Luke absorbing Palpatine's force lighting in Return of the Jedi too? Clearly Sidious was worried by Lukes power and Luke was going to unleash a butt whooping on the sith lord at any moment. Vader actually saved Sidious from the embarassment of losing to a noob.

Well actually in the ROTJ novelization, Luke did use force absorb to absorb some of the lighting not all but some. But your right, Vader did save him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you Have the Collectors Edition - read the Satele Shan Journal

She admits that Malgus had her beat on Alderaan and she was saved by the intervention of Jace Malcolm.

She refers to Malgus as a Monster and says that she dreads facing him.....

This is the definitive (I would assume canon) answer in her own words -

However Yes She is Very powerful and BOTH Her and Malgus have become more Powerful since that Encounter.

Just fyi, Malgus in deceived still isn't at his peak. It's after Deceived that he kills his girl and achieves "eye of the storm" state of mind which makes him a juggernaut.

She would still own almost anyone from her time or before, she was the Yoda of her time.

you fail at reading comprehension

"extensively" is a word that means beyond normal or 'proficient' standards.

also there is the whole section where I said he was strong with the force...

anyways lightsaber combat was where he dumped his time into mastery, not the force.

The person you are responding to has trouble understanding "rare" so the reading comprehension shouldn't surprise you.

The person you are responding to has trouble understanding "rare" so the reading comprehension shouldn't surprise you.

No I understand the word rare, and way to insult someone. What I am saying is that, I know its rare but im talking about later on if its still going to be rare or not in the future is what I was saying.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because there is nothing to get. The truth is you are pulling this theory out of your behind. It's nothing but baseless conjecture based on how you would like things to have played out vs what is actually depicted in the video.

How did you come to the conclusion that Malgus's saber was being rendered useless? Site your source. Conjecture on your part does not count as a source:)

The ability to absorb energy is not an "I win" button. Ask Yoda.

That trooper saved Satele. That is what the video depicted. End of story. To make blind conjecture about "what would have happened if..." is just that - conjecture.

I'm sure you think Satele had Malgus just where she wanted him in the Return trailer too. Lucky for Malgus her master saved him by deflecting his saber in an ironic attempt to save Satele.

What next? Was Luke absorbing Palpatine's force lighting in Return of the Jedi too? Clearly Sidious was worried by Lukes power and Luke was going to unleash a butt whooping on the sith lord at any moment. Vader actually saved Sidious from the embarassment of losing to a noob.

she was going to absorb the lightsaber with her face just like luke absorbed the lightning with his body

Ok, here we go. Full thrusters and all guns blazing....

Satele IS powerful. That was the main question of the thread title. Is she more powerful than Malgus? That was NOT the question of the thread title. I think we can mostly agree that she was very powerful. There. Problem solved. Question answered. :p

I realize it won't do any good, but there you have it. lol

Is Satele Shan powerful?

Her ancestor, Bastila Shan, was really strong in the force.

What about Satele?

Considering that She was the descendent of Bastilla and Revan and from what we gather in the game and what she acomplished yeah she is powerfull, you dont get to be grand master of the jedi order for nothing. And she was the yougest jedi ever to acomplish this. It must count for something hey?!

The real question maybe is how powerfull is she?! I recon it is one of the most powerfull jedi on swtor era.

She didnt go so well against malgus in the war but lets face it she was a padawan, in game now she is older and probably have much more knowlage in the force and all that as well her connection is much more strong. all im saying she realy has great potencial, did she reach her full potencial? we dont know.

Edited by Spartanik

I saw this and decided to take the high road. No opinion-forcing or arguing. Instead, I'm going to point out that, not only is she the descendant of Revan and Bastilla, but she's the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Now, I'm not saying that means she's exactly almighty or anything, but I don't see an order with that heavy of an emphasis on martial prowess being led by couch potato.

I saw this and decided to take the high road. No opinion-forcing or arguing. Instead, I'm going to point out that, not only is she the descendant of Revan and Bastilla, but she's the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Now, I'm not saying that means she's exactly almighty or anything, but I don't see an order with that heavy of an emphasis on martial prowess being led by couch potato.

Rank in the Order isn't based on power. Anakin as a Pasawan would be able to take on multiple masters. Even Kenobi could as well. Or Luke as a padawan.

Didnt Anakin as a Padawan get pwned by Obiwan and thrown into lava?

Obiwan as a Padawan also got pwned by Darth Maul and nearly died.

Luke as Padawan got pwned by Darth Vader and Emperor(while Luke was a Jedi).

Rank in the Order isn't based on power. Anakin as a Pasawan would be able to take on multiple masters. Even Kenobi could as well. Or Luke as a padawan.

Didnt Anakin as a Padawan get pwned by Obiwan and thrown into lava?

Obiwan as a Padawan also got pwned by Darth Maul and nearly died.

Luke as Padawan got pwned by Darth Vader and Emperor(while Luke was a Jedi).

1. Anakin was a jedi master by that point, or well a sith lord then.

2. Obi-wan was pretty much a knight, in skill when he fought Maul.

3. Luke was a fully trained jedi knight by that fight.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

shes weak bro, Beaten by Darth Malgus TWICE.

Once saved from death by her master who Malgus slaughtered

Second saved from a trooper while on her knees with her saber cut in half by Malgus

Those two near scraps with death I'd place on Malgu's vastly superior strength. Also it's possibly not a matter of being weak more than Malgu's himself having a greater hold on the darkside. He did singlehandedly slice through what could have been the two coolest Jedi characters in TOR before they got so much as a few minutes in the Cinematics. /sadface

You gotta admit, stopping then holding resisting a full force lightsaber stab with her BARE HANDS is .. Well, I wouldn't screw with her.

But still. How much cooler would the weaksauce Jedi side on the republic would've been is that zabrak master and master zallow were left in - game.

I like to keep things simple. From what I've seen in-game (no Lv50 toons yet), she is now the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. You don't attain that rank and seniority of the Jedi by having a lack of power, wisdom, decisiveness, and influence.

There's more to power than how well you swing a lightsaber or throw boulders with your mind.

Grandmaster must be given out to just anyone according to the trolls , I am she was weak and was at the head of the Jedi order lol .

The Grandmaster is a being that sets the standards of the order and gives someone that everyone in the order can look up to and to for wisdom . Being there is only one Grandmaster at a time , it just would seem stupid to give it out to the weakest Jedi .

Grandmaster must be given out to just anyone according to the trolls , I am she was weak and was at the head of the Jedi order lol .

The Grandmaster is a being that sets the standards of the order and gives someone that everyone in the order can look up to and to for wisdom . Being there is only one Grandmaster at a time , it just would seem stupid to give it out to the weakest Jedi .

Then, having a kid herself, needs to repeal the whole "celibacy" thing, otherwise she really comes across as a hypocrite. :p

Then, having a kid herself, needs to repeal the whole "celibacy" thing, otherwise she really comes across as a hypocrite. :p

Did she make the rule ? I think not , so where in her story did she put down any Jedi that had a child ? I think you are being extreme :rolleyes:

Look at it this way. . . in every trailer he's in, Malgus gets progressively more frelled-up until he's just shy of Darth Vader. And what does Satele have to show for all her battles? Mild laugh lines.

Unscratched and undeformed, I think that says alot from someone who was in the frontlines and lived to tell the tale .

Malgus became more Deformed and damaged with every fight he was in till he eventually died .