which tank for what situation?

Skodan

The main battle tank fulfills the role the British had once called the 'universal tank', filling almost all battlefield roles. They were originally designed in the Cold War to combat other MBTs.[17] The modern light tank supplements the MBT in expeditionary roles and situations where all major threats have been neutralized and excess weight in armor and armament would only hinder mobility and cost more money to operate.

Reconnaissance by MBTs is performed in high-intensity conflicts where reconnaissance by light vehicles would be insufficient due to the necessity to 'fight' for information.[29]

In asymmetric warfare, main battle tanks are deployed in small highly concentrated units. MBTs fire only at targets at close range and instead rely on external support such as unmanned aircraft for long range combat.[33]

Main battle tanks have significantly varied characteristics. Procuring too many varieties can place a burden on tactics, training, support and maintenance.[34]

The MBT has a positive morale effect on the infantry it accompanies.[35] It also instills fear in the enemy who can often hear or even feel the arrival of MBTs.[12]

The main battle tank fulfills the role the British had once called the 'universal tank', filling almost all battlefield roles. They were originally designed in the Cold War to combat other MBTs.[17] The modern light tank supplements the MBT in expeditionary roles and situations where all major threats have been neutralized and excess weight in armor and armament would only hinder mobility and cost more money to operate.

Reconnaissance by MBTs is performed in high-intensity conflicts where reconnaissance by light vehicles would be insufficient due to the necessity to 'fight' for information.[29]

In asymmetric warfare, main battle tanks are deployed in small highly concentrated units. MBTs fire only at targets at close range and instead rely on external support such as unmanned aircraft for long range combat.[33]

Main battle tanks have significantly varied characteristics. Procuring too many varieties can place a burden on tactics, training, support and maintenance.[34]

The MBT has a positive morale effect on the infantry it accompanies.[35] It also instills fear in the enemy who can often hear or even feel the arrival of MBTs.[12]

I see what you did there :rolleyes:

:cool:

ok so from what i gather vg/pt are universal, grd/jug are ???, and the shdw/assn is the one im looking for

:confused: thanks???

but really could someone just flat out say which one is preferred over the other. such as in ops/fps/ small groups, big groups, etc. and just for pve, i dont pvp

Edited by Skodan

They all work as MT for end game so right now it really doesn't matter. We know that Warriors are getting some kind of buff in 1.2 and Bounty Hunters some kind of nerf but whether that translates to the Jug and PT ACs we don't know nor how significant they are.

As a Sith Assassin Tank I have tanked every fight so far. I haven't found any fight that would be better suited for another tank outside of a pure ranged fight like the 2 turrets for the first pull of EV. Doesn't mean I can't tank a turret I just can't tank a turret as well as a Powertech or even Jug since they can charge.

Most fights are very strait forward when it comes to tanking. Keep mitigation up and reduce damage as much as possible.

The only fight that really challenges this is SOA. On SOA I just tank in DPS gear with Dark Charge up. The only thing that reduced the damage he does to you is Armor. Your shield will never go off and reduce damage taken from him. The person with the highest armor would be the 1 taking the least direct damage from SOA.

Powertechs seem to be able to get well over 7k Armor and I am still at 6917 in tank gear (and that is all with 140 rating Armorings). Jugs can get high armor too since they wear heavy armor but their tanking stance adds 60% armor if I remember correctly.

If you are looking for serious end game PVE make sure you choose a tank that holds a lightsaber. They benefit from the free deflection bonus just by holding one not to mention BW built jedi much tougher than anyone else. Vangaurds/PTs are great fun but any of the lightsaber tanks just have to huge of an advantage not to role one.

If you are looking for serious end game PVE make sure you choose a tank that holds a lightsaber. They benefit from the free deflection bonus just by holding one not to mention BW built jedi much tougher than anyone else. Vangaurds/PTs are great fun but any of the lightsaber tanks just have to huge of an advantage not to role one.

Seriously? I hope your a troll here or else... well... anyway it made me smile so thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.