Time to nerf jugger/guardian Smash ?

lordhaizen

My best nuke hits for 1.5k.

And if you spec for roflstomping, then yeah, you basicly jump around and aoe once every 15sec. I guess your "filler" abilities hit for more then 1.5k?

The real problem with AoE right now is sinple, on most classes, AoE hits harder then everything else, if specced. So if you can spam it, you do it as often as you can, even for single targets, because it just hits for the most damage.

what class are you that only hits for 1.5K? thats total BS.

Full disclosure: I play a rage jug.

However, I believe that I can objectively state that the rage smash is extremely fragile and susceptible to any number of easy counters, bugs, lags, animation glitches and so forth. There is a reason why vengeance is becoming more and more popular, and rage jugs more and more rare, and it's not because jug players are avoiding OP builds.

if they specced for unstoppable (vengance tree - 4sec cc immunity after charge) they wont have force crush (rage tree 31 pt ability). force choke has the longer cooldown, and only provides 3 stacks of shockwave (75% dam buff) as opposed to force crushes 4 stacks (100% dam buff).

Yes. All rage jugs sigh with longing for the unstoppable talent, but it just doesn't work. Force crush cannot be sacrificed.

POINT 1:

Glass cannons drop the bomb and die. Yep, notice how juggs have the highest count on Deaths in the final scoring

POINT 2:

My jugg is 6 pieces champ rest centurion (597 expertise). My highest crit with pvp adrenals or pvp damage buff is 4500... on sage bubbles it reads "absorbed". On guarded characters, its nowhere near 1k. Proof of those 9k smashes on level 50 characters or S T F U

POINT 3:

L2P countering rage warriors as everybody say. I dont even use Force Choke because i get to ate every possible stun, dying before the stun ends

POINT 4:

-Nobody complains about Death From Above and its mirror, wich requires no setup

-Nobody complains about 15 seconds Death Field, yes, instant and no setup (wich also heals the caster)

-Nobody complains about Orbital Strike, as powerful as DfA

POINT 1:

-Nobody complains about Death From Above and its mirror, wich requires no setup

Not instant. Can be interrupted. Damage spread over 3 ticks. Move a few steps out of the way and you won't get hit.

-Nobody complains about 15 seconds Death Field, yes, instant and no setup (wich also heals the caster)

Death Field crits for 5k? This is new.

-Nobody complains about Orbital Strike, as powerful as DfA

See previous. Requires a long CAST. Then after the cast is finished there is still animation and damage spread out. The only time you should get hit by this ability is on voidstar.

Your move sir.

NOTE: I'm not saying nerf smash. I just hate bad comparisons like this.

Edited by exphryl

How about they get to nerf my juggernaut, when they nerf stuns, knockbacks and crowdcontrol of the lazy troopers and bounty hunters. But then again if they nerf troopers and bounty hunters they would have to play something that required skill to play.

4 juggernaut as premade Charge+smash no one survive since 7k-8k damage AOE

Rated will be jugger/guardian paradise

best defense + high hp + highest damage

if some1 survive just Fear and gg

Time to nerf smash ?

Do people even think befor they start crying nerf? Just because a collective attack by the same ability from 4 different players is lethal you feel it should be nerfed? LOL dude THINK. Thats the most rediculous nerf request ive read yet. There is ZERO argument, reflection or acknowledgement. why would nerfing an ability b/c if 4 people do it on 1 person they die.

And in all honesty, with the enormous amount of inquisitors running around, the likely hood any other class being premade stacked is highly unlikely. there are far more horrible things than 4 juggs running around playing together.

dont create senseless conflict, i mean did you even run into 4 juggs doing this or were you simply thinking up future situations to cry nerf about since every other one has gotten old?

I know your point and cant say you are wrong. But all of those skills are from already powerful classes (sorc, BH, sniper and mirrors). Take smash from rage warriors and the class/spec will be good for nothing.

How about they get to nerf my juggernaut, when they nerf stuns, knockbacks and crowdcontrol of the lazy troopers and bounty hunters. But then again if they nerf troopers and bounty hunters they would have to play something that required skill to play.

THIS times a million. the LAST thing that needs to be nerfed is a jug. People cry nerf jug b.c skilled juggs can overcome the OP and child level advantages of these classes and b/c they can, they feel juggs MUST be OP.

and i was rage jug was for for a while, as a jug youre constantly being thrown around and ranged gap by these classes with these insanely short CD knockbacks. It overwhelming in huttball. specially when theo ther team consist of ONLY 2 types of classes inquis/cons bh/comms. All the entire game is, is a knockback fest. and as long as these classes keep these dumb mechanics in their builds. they dont need to touch jug

Im finding more sucess in veangence lately, b/c all RAGE is built around really is the Smash crit. with vengeace i can bleed my target up while he knocks me around and speed runs til leap is rdy again.

Edited by LeonkRAV

Not instant. Can be interrupted. Damage spread over 3 ticks. Move a few steps out of the way and you won't get hit.

Like your post insinuating that a smash is instant, cant be interrupted or cant be avoided by moving a few steps out of the way?

I have a arsenal and DFA has a larger AOE and hits for a significant amount more than a smash over its duration. It also requires no setup.

4 juggernaut as premade Charge+smash no one survive since 7k-8k damage AOE

Rated will be jugger/guardian paradise

best defense + high hp + highest damage

if some1 survive just Fear and gg

Time to nerf smash ?

It doesn't ever hit that hard anymore. Ever. Unless the Jugg/Guard is FULL BM with all mods swapped out for rakatta power mods and they're hitting someone in lvl 40 greens with relic, adrenal and the WZ buff... And even then, probably not.

I'm in full champ with rakatta adrenal and power relic. With both of those popped, I'm lucky if I hit for 4k... And that's rare.

Once people have even a mix of cent and champ, you're not going to hit that hard against them.

Needless QQ threads are needless.

Kindly stop spreading misinformation. These forums have enough garbage on them as it is.

Wow another nerf JK thread... rotfl...

Cause 1 ability that hits for 5k aoe's (if your in BM gear) every half minute or so killed the OP who is obviously the best Pvper in SWTOR.

Epic.

Hey OP does it get hard hitting those 2 buttons that make your class run?

Why not just roll up a level 50 BM Focus Jedi, since it's so easy, you should be all set.

btw: I play Vig/Def since inception...

Edited by VoidJustice

%110 agree. I play jugg, merc, and shadow, and I will openly admit that in PVP my merc is ridiculously cheap. In fact, without any form of combat macros, I think melee has been set at a considerable disadvantage against range. Also, being a merc, I think being able to run around and spam rapid shots without it overheating my weapon is pretty cheap. A modifier that lowers damage and aim while range is on the move might help. Dunno really what a good solution is, but range is PVP's balancing weakness if you ask me, and like I said, I play range. I know and admit that it's cheap.

Edited by DJunior

Honestly, I don't care if you nerf it or not. Rage is a *1* trick pony, and it's really annoying to play it. If you do nerf it though, you REALLY REALLY REALLY have to COMPLETELY rework jugg-rage, because outside the "RAWR 1 SMASH TAKE YOU DOWN BY 30% HEALTH" craptacular move, rage blows - my level 42 assassin in "I'm leveling" gear can hit harder that pretty much everything outside smash a rage jugg can do.

Also, seriously, you're QQ'ing because of smash with it's cd? My advice would be:

1) get healers that don't COMPLETELY suck

2) Soon as he charges, knock him back, then laugh as his 1 trick pony move fails

3) See #1.

If they could sustain any kind of reasonable dps they'd be a problem, but once smash hits, you're HIGHLY unlikely to die unless you were already in X range.

• 4 weeks later...
Nerf Sweep/Smash? Are you serious?? Before you start thinking I know nothing...I have 6 class builds. One of each and I just hit 50 with my Focus Guardian. The Focus Guardian/Rage Juggernaut is only good for Bads angainst Bads in 10-49 PVP. It is horrible to lvl with and in pvp once the bomb goes off, if people aren't dead, I am. The best I can do is two back to back bombs in 30 seconds IF everything goes well. Those MIGHT combing for 8k. If you stand there and let me get that bomb off on you once and then again, it's not my class that's OP'd it's your player skill that is UNDERPOWERED. In 50 Bracket it's even worse. People have much better gear and can play their class relatively better. Yeah I can still hit for 3k on a sweep crit bomb, then after they are done laughing at me because that was all I had, they faceroll me back to my spawn point. I am now switch to Vigilance because, again, Focus is only good against noobs and Bads.

Yeah sure lets nerf a skill that is the only decent damaging skill the advanced class has.

Yeah sure lets blame a class for damaging you but dont blame yourself for standing in AoE range knowing that that jugg is going to smash.

PvP forums are filled with bleep bleep bleeeeeeeep people. No offense to the intelligent people, but if you create a thread like this you might aswell check yourself into a mental institution for unskilled gamers