The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

8 Hour Maintenance with no patch insight!

Vegetalink

I know it's how the world works, but we asian-pacific players have every right to whine about it. you may ignore us, but don't tell us we shouldn't, because you will be doing the same if this affects the US players instead of us.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be rude, but it's a game, its one day a week, step outside and do something, just got home from work, take a nap, have kids, take them to the park, married, take em out to dinner, if you need someone else to tell you what to do with your life for 8 hours you really should start to make some huge life choices, it's a game, not a life style. Oh and when wow had big patches in vanilla and bc, they would take the servers down for 10 to 14 hours, realize there is a huge bug, take the servers down without warning whatsoever and they'd be out for 6-10 hours later so if you're going to complain talk to a wall... you might be happier with no response then getting bashed.

I work second shift and live in on the West Coast, so, yeah, the maintenance times suck for me. So, I have compiled a small list of things you can do with your time while you wait for SWTOR to come back on line . . .

read a book

go outside

clean your room

watch "Band of Brothers"

mow the lawn (you know, it's that green expanse outside your basement window)

head down to the pub for a pint

interact socially with your neighbors

take up knitting (this one can come in handy if your computer sucks and you have long load times)

update that resume and apply for a new job

take up yodeling

go on to a forum and gripe about the maintenance times

Those are just a few that come to mind. I'm sure you can think of more. Good luck.

hmm i'd rather be Less bored :)

All I'm saying is holding the maintenance during prime time for Australia is a major inconvenience for us aussie players.

It might well be the lowest number of players online globally, and I understand that.

I also work for a global company (>100,000 employees across the world) and if I schedule down time during prime time for any corner of the world, I better have a damn good reason for it. In today's world of cloud computing and virtualisation there is no reason not to have a maintenance plan that caters to local time zones (especially since the servers are local).

This seems to be the norm for SWTOR, maintenance is during prime time for Australians (it's not a one off occurence).

Hey I have an Idea ... leys have a maint at 6pm CST for a week or two and then we'll see the forums burn i bet ... :eek:

Edited by dupela

Dear Lord, whining about this OP, unbelievable. Complaining that the pixels on the screen will not happen for some 8 hours, like that actually matters. Maintenance is always going to happen (in every MMO probably). How about deal with it?

As an Aussie.. quit your ************ and get over it. It's how it's always been and how it always will be.

You want to know what would happen if we had a different maintenance window to the rest of the world? Our servers would get DESTROYED every Tuesday night. Flooded with so many people that you would be unable to play anyway, either due to absolutely ludicrous queues or to flat out server inability to handle the load.

And before you go 'block anyone not in Asia-Pacific then' - well, that's retarded too.

^In before anyone brings up the pre-launch IP block ********.

They made a point of allowing anyone to play on any server they liked, so it'd really be quite impossible to have a different maintenance window without making the servers basically inaccessible during that time period anyway.

I never thought of this and it's a great point. I couldn't imagine all the players going to servers not on their maintenance schedule. Then everyone would be complaining about server crashes, lack of things to kill, ************ and moaning about how dude over there stole your mob that you needed to complete a quest and now you have to wait 5 minutes for it to respawn and not be quick enough and have it stolen again by the guy who just got to the area.

It's easy for you americans to point the finger at our posts, the issue doesn't affect you and therefore you can't care less.

Yes because we ALL work exactly the same schedule and have the exact same recreational time.

This maintenance effects every person in America that works either 2nd or 3rd shift. That's approximately 2/3 of the working population.

Funny how Americans are often accused of being arrogant and of having no concept of the rest of the world and then you read things like this.

i think tehy tkaing ti down, testing something for abit and maybe we get a patch to fix a few of the more deeply enbedded bugs if they inhouse testing worked well for them, wiht out us screwing up there datafeeds(which why they tkaing it donw for 8 hours ...maybe..) or at lest we can hope for some fixing/hareware upgrading/twiking.

(sorry for misspells it 6 am almost and i'm tired ~~~~ stupid work.)

Why can't people complain on a forum without getting their head chopped off? The OP is expressing his opinion. He's not happy with the servers going down during prime time. Why all the hate? It's very childish to dismiss his opinion. Fascinating how some of you think you are so right with your opinion and how wrong he is with his.

Why can't people complain on a forum without getting their head chopped off? The OP is expressing his opinion. He's not happy with the servers going down during prime time. Why all the hate? It's very childish to dismiss his opinion. Fascinating how some of you think you are so right with your opinion and how wrong he is with his.

I personally can't be bothered to spare the OP's feelings if he can't be bothered to use the search feature and complain in one of the other thousand threads that have been posted about this exact topic.

We see this same thread EVERY WEEK. At this point it's redundant and quite ridiculous.

i myself far as i can tell "chop heads" here i jus tpointing out waht tehy mgiht be trying to do in a plain and simple formate, i could be wrong thought.

I know since SWTOR has released Ive kind of neglected.

Call Of Prypat

The Witcher 2

Fallout New Vegas

All brand new basicaly...add Metro 2033 to the list

and theres more but I wont give you my full games realease, but I'm sure I'll entertain myself.

Like if my pc went down i could go outside and throw rocks at trees, or get a stick and draw pictures in the dirt... theres lots to do.

Like if my pc went down i could go outside and throw rocks at trees, or get a stick and draw pictures in the dirt... theres lots to do.

If my PC went down, I could just move to my Xbox..

Or watch some of the 50+ shows on my DVR...

Or better yet, watch Star Wars on DVD....

as an aussie, i dont care about the maintenance as much as others, as i work during that time nearly every night (at a bar)

however i do personally know about 3 friends who quit wow because they only had 2 or 3 nights a week to play and tuesday was one of them. its very safe for BW to have it at the same time as wow however you have to think of peoples lifestyles. in order to have a life outside your computer you'd want to be out doing things 2 or 3 nights a week (thurs, fri and sat for example), maybe you have classes or work during another 1 or 2 nights etc. catch up with friends etc etc. maybe throw in a booty call etc etc etc

the reason this time frame annoys so many people is because it is one of a few perfect times during the week for aus players to log in, if not one of the most popular. for 9to5 workers or weekend workers alike, this is almost the best time to sit down and play.

i think Australians quiet often get neglected as we have a low population but we pay more for the game than everyone (even with the conversions), have to wait longer for the game and get one of the peak play times taken off us.

my solution would be to change it to a different day other than tuesday. even if it was thursday (there is 1000x more things to go out and do on a thursday in real life) i think it would be better. also, having the game available while blizzard are doing their maintenance would be such a good thing for this game. i think its a much better game than wow and giving them a chance to play when they cant would get you heaps more subscriptions.