March 2012 Community Town Hall and Guild Council #13

Muadibby

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say since nobody was even paying attention to me and i didn't wanted to interrupt the talk that was on because im not a rude guy i was just gonna say it was good for me to get an invite so i would have nothing to say and no one asked me anything at all thanks next time don't send me anything please is this is going to be the case again

wonderful turn out. great to hear people from the community and know even the larger population servers are having similar issues to us in the lower population server/guilds.

look forward to further investments in this community, at least for one more month ;)

:EDIT: @ Dedicance ^ you can PM people including the admins of the server by double clicking on their names.

Edited by RemyDMartin

wonderful turn out. great to hear people from the community and know even the larger population servers are having similar issues to us in the lower population server/guilds.

look forward to further investments in this community, at least for one more month ;)

:EDIT: @ Dedicance ^ you can PM people including the admins of the server by double clicking on their names.

i did they just ignored me about it

i did they just ignored me about it

I am sorry we didn't ignore you on purpose. Your mic was not working or u were muted so we skipped over you in the introductions and I pm'd you to tell you that you can speak in text chat or fix your mic.

I never heard back after that. My apologies. You can come early and check your mic to make sure it works properly.

I think there were many there that just wanted to listen. Not everyone likes to speak.

You are always welcome to pm the mods and have them speak on your behalf of pm them to be called to speak next. We make sure everyone that gets to speak gets a chance and everyone is able to participate in the text chat openly and uncensored.

Yea there were two or three chaps whom it showed were pressing-to-talk, but nothing was heard. Not even a mumble. Neither one of them seemed to fix the issue during the chat.

Regardless it was nice to get some words in and hear other people's opinions, good and bad, as well as some enlightenment on future stuff with 1.2.

Agendas, meeting summaries, etc are all helpful to the SWTOR community/developmen folks because it is a way to coordinate feedback without having to do a guild summit in Austin every couple of months.

I look forward to seeing and participating in future events.

BTW, for any future events, can we have mods or admins identify and warn/kick users who have voice-activation enabled and are constantly disrupting the meeting? Although the meeting was a success, it was also plagued by constant mic bumps/brushes/scratching from one user. This happened during the entire length of the meeting.

A couple other questions/requests:

1.) Your link on the OP for "Full blog and recording @ TOR-World" just links to a forum thread. I assume it's meant to go to the blog and recording at TOR World?

2.) I don't see the recordings up yet for the March meeting. Are they going to be added soon?

Thanks.

Edited by cipher_nemo

I had a great time, it was a great discussion, and it was interesting to hear so many common views on room for improvement in the game. I really hope BW takes it to heart.

Is there a way to get a copy of the audio transcription? I would like to post it on our guild site in the members area for our guild to listen to. Thanks. :)

Edited by PiperPilot

I am sorry we didn't ignore you on purpose. Your mic was not working or u were muted so we skipped over you in the introductions and I pm'd you to tell you that you can speak in text chat or fix your mic.

I never heard back after that. My apologies. You can come early and check your mic to make sure it works properly.

I think there were many there that just wanted to listen. Not everyone likes to speak.

You are always welcome to pm the mods and have them speak on your behalf of pm them to be called to speak next. We make sure everyone that gets to speak gets a chance and everyone is able to participate in the text chat openly and uncensored.

Like i said i did not wanted to speak with my mic because you all were talking and i didn't wanted to interrupt for i am no rude guy

Thanks to everyone that came the recording will be up in the next couple days at

http://fragworld.org/SWTOR-Town-Hall-Events/march-2012-swtor-community-town-hall-and-guild-council-13

It can also be downloaded and on our itunes as well. I will post here when its up.

You can subscribe to be notified of future meetings here

http://fragworld.org/Mailing-List/user/modify/278

Muadib

@Dedicance: Anyone who didn't get a chance to be at the meeting at the start probably didn't get to hear the protocol for getting mic time. We all greatly appreciate that you and others didn't just speak up randomly; that would indeed have made things confusing. Your courtesy and consideration are admirable.

When people were called on to speak on a topic, it was because they had sent me a private chat and let me know they wanted to comment or ask a question. I sent Trigger a person's name whenever a private chat came in from them, and he went down the line of names and called on people. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to respond to each private chat individually--the tabs were spawning too quickly LOL--but I did try to respond when I could to let folks know how many people were in front of them in the queue. Unless you were using a different nickname on the Teamspeak server, I never got a private chat from you.

As Muadibby mentioned, it's our goal to give everyone who wants to talk a chance to do so. Getting feedback from the player base in all its diversity is the point and purpose of the meetings. We would never want to ignore anyone, and it would be counter to our purpose to do so.

I apologize that you felt ignored, and as Muadibby said, it was certainly not intentional.

@Dedicance: Anyone who didn't get a chance to be at the meeting at the start probably didn't get to hear the protocol for getting mic time. We all greatly appreciate that you and others didn't just speak up randomly; that would indeed have made things confusing. Your courtesy and consideration are admirable.

When people were called on to speak on a topic, it was because they had sent me a private chat and let me know they wanted to comment or ask a question. I sent Trigger a person's name whenever a private chat came in from them, and he went down the line of names and called on people. I unfortunately didn't get a chance to respond to each private chat individually--the tabs were spawning too quickly LOL--but I did try to respond when I could to let folks know how many people were in front of them in the queue. Unless you were using a different nickname on the Teamspeak server, I never got a private chat from you.

As Muadibby mentioned, it's our goal to give everyone who wants to talk a chance to do so. Getting feedback from the player base in all its diversity is the point and purpose of the meetings. We would never want to ignore anyone, and it would be counter to our purpose to do so.

I apologize that you felt ignored, and as Muadibby said, it was certainly not intentional.

there were too many names and i did not know yours so i only asked one i saw was part of the group