Color crystals

stephenalandavie

I believe they are "Geologists" (or something similar) and they're on the Fleet Spacestations, in the Galactic Market area. (where the GTN kiosks are). At least that's where I saw purple (and white and cyan and other color) crystals for sale.

The down side is that you need to be at least 47 to equip those crystals. There are also level 49 and 50 crystals.

Next to the lightside vendor in the GTN section of the fleet.

Anyone else find these a waste of money? My guildie linked here lightsaber with one in it + 58 Mods and it wasn't as good as my Champion saber, very disappointing.

Although I do realise it’s just Bioware trying to thin the credits out a bit.

There are purple saber crystals for sale somewhere? You have truly seen these mythical creatures?

Patch notes are your friend.

They were added in last patch, to Geologist vendor on station for both factions. Only available until next month and the 1.2 patch though.

Purple and Cyan crystals are now being sold at 50th by a NPC to each faction. You can purchase +Expertise PvP versions of the various crystal colors at 50th. Seperately you can buy White crystals at various level tiers for rediculous amounts of credits. Also the Magenta crystal recipes are being sold by the vendor, though their +33 values aren't as good as the +41 crystals sold by the vendor.

Also on the Pre-Order crystal vendor, you can find the appropriate pre-order crystal colors at 50th level.

All of these crystal sources are being removed from the NPCs as of patch v1.2. From what Bioware has said, the White crystal access is going to be permanently removed for the near future (which is why they cost so much). Based on what Bioware has implied, the other colors will likely be available through Artificers in v1.2. However Bioware has never really spelled things out beyond stating that Artificers will be able to create crystals that are superior to the +41 versions that Bioware is flooding the market with.