third crew skill for profiteering?

Anizev

currently, my level 18 bounty hunter is slicing/bioanalysis/scavaging

slicing for the credits, obviously... I went bioanalysis because I've got an alt at about the same level with biochem, so I can mail over the mats that I gather and level it up twice as fast.

I picked up scavaging figuring I could sell the mats on the GTN, but that seems like a bust. the market doesn't seem all that great for any of the gathering skills.

would there be profit to had in picking up a mission crew skill instead of gathering? on my previous characters they kinda seemed like a money sink to support crafting skills, but maybe I was doing it wrong.

Actually Diplomacy too (on my server).

apparently lots of people want companion gifts, either to romance their girl companion or to increase effectiveness.

the bio chem materials sell very well too.

the trick is, if the sale "expires" put it right back up again. my sales seem to happen in in waves... everything sells like crazy for a day and then nothing sells for 2 days...

Actually Diplomacy too (on my server).

apparently lots of people want companion gifts, either to romance their girl companion or to increase effectiveness.

the bio chem materials sell very well too.

the trick is, if the sale "expires" put it right back up again. my sales seem to happen in in waves... everything sells like crazy for a day and then nothing sells for 2 days...

^^ That is totally true about waves. And it goes for everything. I sell lvl 49 and 50 purple tanking armor on GTN. Can go a week without a sell, then in two days I go through half my stuff. Look at the buyers and see that for the most part one person bought four different pieces of armor from me while another bought two.

I've dropped over 200k before on Ciridium metal to use in armor making to RE in hopes of purples. I would of loved to see the look on the persons face when they got mail after mail from GTN saying they got a buyer.

Also. For the love of all that is holy. Keep your stuff stacked. I hate it when people seperate each and every one of their items to put on GTN. Pain in the rear when it comes to buying and price comparing.

Don't take mission skills, stay with the 3 gathering. You will be SWIMMING in credits. If you harvest every node/kill in your path and don't post them at insane prices credits will never be a problem again.

When i was lvl'ing i took the same 3 gathering as you did, just right clicked them in the sell tab went to bed and all ways woke up to a mail box full of credits.

I did that and hit 1 Mil credits around ~32 and that is with my normal buying habits from the GTN keeping me and my main companion gear up to date.

If you can't sell a few of your collected materials on the GTN after a few tries sell them to the merchant. You still make a profit.

It is true there is a market for companion gifts but there are soooooo many on the GTN all ready.

thanks for the replies!

it might be a bit premature for me to be thinking about it while I've only got the 2 companions (eg: the one I'm fighting with and my ship companion off running missions). I suppose I'll stick with scavaging and bank the mats in case I start up an armstech character someday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.