1.2 = best pvp gear for free, and no reason to play rated. people are quitting

fendergibson

It's pretty clear in what I quoted tbh

someone said gw doesnt have gear progression in its pvp, you said "but to my knowledge it wasnt a part of esport and obviously wasnt as big as WoW", so in order to be an esport thats as big as wow you need to have gear progression, no?

My point was that I didnt believe that GW pvp model was as balanced as WoW's since it didnt participate in esports or hold as large and audience as wow. And wow's system had/have gear progression so apparently it's working fine.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont give them rated pvp and they cry , give them rated pvp and they cry even more , people are you crazy?

I am a pvper and I am excited about rated Warzones , I dont care about the gear , I just want to have a great fight with great pvpers geez .

Dont give them rated pvp and they cry , give them rated pvp and they cry even more , people are you crazy?

I am a pvper and I am excited about rated Warzones , I dont care about the gear , I just want to have a great fight with great pvpers geez .

So do we, but doing pvp needs to be less pointless. Sure its fun for a couple of hours a week, but if it is just to get braging rights I might as well play FPS and not pay the monthly fee, not that money is an issue but I don throw them away for the fun of it..

The more you post, the more you come across as a self righteous pompous arse.

Speaking of pompous arses.

The days of MMO's catering to so called hardcore players who have 16 hours a day to play are over. Long long over. You're type are obselete for this genre.

Amazing, you totally contradict yourself.

Why are all these PVP STAT Gear defenders whining about us not being fit for MMORPG's.

Want to know who coined the term MMORPG? Richard Garriott, the creator of Ultima Online, a full loot, open-world pvp, NOT gear-dependant MMORPG.

Why are all these PVP STAT Gear defenders whining about us not being fit for MMORPG's.

Want to know who coined the term MMORPG? Richard Garriott, the creator of Ultima Online, a full loot, open-world pvp, NOT gear-dependant MMORPG.

UO wasn't designed with casuals in mind either though. That's the other side of the coin.

WOW brought MMO's to casual masses, and forever ruined a genuine open world experience of "you got out of the game what you put into it".

It's been all down hill since ppl cried "I wanna experience these epic games too but I don't have the time.....whaaaaaaaa" And companies liked to make money so they listened to the majority, which happens to be casuals.

Problem is, since WOW, any other dev team caving into casuals cries have pretty much ruined and killed their game as a result, because lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Edited by Dego_Locc

UO wasn't designed with casuals in mind either though. That's the other side of the coin.

I'm just saying their argument of "this is what MMOs are supposed to be like, you're not fit for MMOs" is nonsense and just proves how little they actually know about the genre.

Just because they played WoW, they think they can tell others how MMOs are supposed to be.

Edited by Sharangir

Unfortunately, since we really don't have open-world pvp...

I'm just saying their argument of "this is what MMOs are supposed to be like, you're not fit for MMOs" is nonsense and just proves how little they actually know about the genre.

Just because they played WoW, they think they can tell others how MMOs are supposed to be.

I agree with you there, and added to my original post since you qouted.

"WOW brought MMO's to casual masses, and forever ruined a genuine open world experience of "you got out of the game what you put into it".

It's been all down hill since ppl cried "I wanna experience these epic games too but I don't have the time.....whaaaaaaaa" And companies liked to make money so they listened to the majority, which happens to be casuals.

Problem is, since WOW, any other dev team caving into casuals cries have pretty much ruined and killed their game as a result, because lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Why do you even bother discussing the definition of MMO ? It's not like its gonna change anything related to the topic

^^^^

Seriously, ROFL. You hit the nail on the head right there.

Not quite, cause while some ego's may take a hit and frustrate some people, the good players will use this as motivation to improve. - which is what you want

Nothing dire about predicting how the inclusion of 1(big whoop) extra warzone, and rated warzones for the three we have already played to death is a fail recipe for continued paid subs from PVPers who will nothing to do in the long run. Most people acknowledge the PVP in this game is ***, and if you can't see that the PVP is really lacking in this game then you are blind or in denial.

Every post you make solidifies more how little real mmorpg and pvp experience you have.

Your claim that people won't enjoy playing several warzone maps over and over is absurd. The dynamic part of pvp are the opponents. As long as they are there real pvpers will have plenty to play for... When map selection comes some people will play the same warzone one thousand times and enjoy it the whole way.

It is crystal clear you do not like pvp. So just stop doing it and leave it for us who enjoy it.

Well yes, and a lot of us PvPers were promised open-world pvp, but that's another discussion.

have you not heard the open world pvp prize of merc comms is coming soon? I swear i heard that floating around general chat. All you level 45-50 imperials out there, watch your face cuzz imma have my lightsaber all over it...

Edited by Fozy

Exactly, all these "pvp for the fun and the skill of it guys" Yea, sorry but not in a game like this lacking with PVP content. The colors simply wont be enough, or the mounts, (which PVPer's hardly use any damn way because of no world PVP).

Same few wz's over and over for colored gear wont be enough for most PVPers to justify a monthly sub me thinks.

Since you don't know much about pvp, pvp players nor what pvp players want, Bioware should feel safe ignoring you.

Saying you can't have fun fighting in the same spaces over and over means you have no experience. Any pvper here with any experience will tell you they have fought in maps and zones over and over and have a great time. Heck huttball is one of the greatest pvp maps in the history of mmogs.

Every time you claim people won't just play three or four maps you come across as ignorant.

This argument is one of your main ones and it is not true. If it is not enough for you fine but it s not an issue for most.

If we compiled a list of top twenty five issues in pvp, not enough maps might not even be on there.

Every post you make solidifies more how little real mmorpg and pvp experience you have.

Your claim that people won't enjoy playing several warzone maps over and over is absurd. The dynamic part of pvp are the opponents. As long as they are there real pvpers will have plenty to play for... When map selection comes some people will play the same warzone one thousand times and enjoy it the whole way.

It is crystal clear you do not like pvp. So just stop doing it and leave it for us who enjoy it.

Lol your whole post is the exact same way I feel about you.

And this games lack of world PVP killed most "REAL PVPERS" hopes of this game. A lot of PVPers that I know have already quit the game, or will be soon.

You're the one who wants a street fighter style endgame pvp with no progression in an subscription based MMO. And you actually think this will work?! So again who is the one who's thinking is off?

Think of me in 2 or 3 months when this game is pretty much void of pvpers and left to casual pve'ers who que up for an instanced warzone occasionally.

The fact that you think this games PVP is acceptable shows you have no clue what a lot of players really think MMO pvp should be. It's pretty much widely accepted and known on the streets of the internet that this games PVP is crap. You actually deny that?

You're the one who should wake up and smell the roses.

Edited by Dego_Locc

If we compiled a list of top twenty five issues in pvp, not enough maps might not even be on there.

Again, you're clueless.

Since you don't know much about pvp, pvp players nor what pvp players want, Bioware should feel safe ignoring you.

I know one thing for sure, this game does not have what it takes for those of us who don't PVE, and only PVP. A lot of pvp player have already left. Even more are going too. You think this game is gonna do good PVPwise?! LOL at you then. Think of me often down the road when the games PVP is dead.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Lol your whole post is the exact same way I feel about you.

And this games lack of world PVP killed most "REAL PVPERS" hopes of this game. A lot of PVPers that I know have already quit the game, or will be soon.

You're the one who wants a street fighter style endgame pvp with no progression in an subscription based MMO. And you actually think this will work?! So again who is the one who's thinking is off?

Think of me in 2 or 3 months when this game is pretty much void of pvpers and left to casual pve'ers who que up for an instanced warzone occasionally.

The fact that you think this games PVP is acceptable shows you have no clue what a lot of really think MMO pvp should be. It's pretty much widely accepted and known on the streets of the internet that this games PVP is crap. You actually deny that?

You're the one who should wake up and smell the roses.

Read my post about 5 up....

Edited by Fozy

The game needs open world PVP and some kind of RVR, and what I don't get is you don't lose anything for bad PVP or dying, there is no risk. The games needs risk and PVP that is worth something.

It's just too carebear and linear overall. And the engine was not programmed for this game with open world pvp in mind, so it will NEVER have it on a large epic scale.

Edited by Dego_Locc

The game needs open world PVP and some kind of RVR, and what I don't get is you don't lose anything for bad PVP or dying, there is no risk. The games needs risk and PVP that is worth something.

Bingo. I especially like the risk part and you are right. Look at the direction BW is taking by making reward easier with zero risk. But that's what happens when a company caters too much to players who expect no risk.

have you not heard the open world pvp prize of merc comms is coming soon? I swear i heard that floating around general chat. All you level 45-50 imperials out there, watch your face cuzz imma have my lightsaber all over it...

Except merc comms will be pretty useless once the war hero for all gear comes out in 1.2.

Edited by Dego_Locc

Except merc comms will be pretty useless once the war hero for all gear comes out in 1.2.

Are you on glue? Prepare for all you emerging characters including your alts to be farmed like corn.

Edited by Fozy