Admit it: EGA handled brilliantly.

Aaidan

the OP has it right, this has been a smooth very successful early access period. the real test comes from the full launch when all the shelf copies are gone out the door and everyone is trying to get logged in. Hopefully it will settle down quickly and we can all play and enjoy this game.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that all of the trolls and whiners are in game, it's time to admit the truth: The Early Game Access program was a HUGE success.

what did they promise in the beginning? Up to 5 days of early game access depending on when you preorder. Then they made it even better by giving us up to SEVEN days of EGA. And then, when everyone who preordered late were bemoaning how "unfair " it would be if they only got a day (even though it would've been their own fault), it looks like almost EVERYONE will get 4 days of EGA, and the vast majority getting five OR MORE.

All of this was done with precision, with no major screw ups other than the occasionally full server when accessing (to be expected).

If any devs read this, THANK YOU for handling the trolls with grace and aplomb and putting up with their petulance and childish behavior, THANK YOU for letting us in early to play, and most of all THANK YOU for making what I think is the best MMO I've ever played.

I can not say what I think about your post as I am not in yet and don't want to jeopardize my chances.

Suffice it to say that for some of those who have been waiting since the 13th, THIS IS THE WORST LAUNCH IN MMO HISTORY. They could not have handled this any more poorly than they have.

It will not be forgetten. They have ruined the whole launch experience for thousands of players. I know that personally, I am much less excited about the game than I was. All the excitement, anxiety, suspense, and curiousity have turned into frustration and anger.

And you know the worst part? They did if for nothing. They are shutting everything down to "launch" on the 20th so we are all going to be in huge queues anyway...

EA/BW, showing you how NOT to launch an AAA MMO since 2011!

Oh really sherlock? I am not in game yet, not everyone is in game. I wish people like you would stop antagonizing those of us who have not been invited yet. Yes I know people are already level 40, and yes I know people will be ganking me constantly because I have not been able to level. Why do you feel it necessary to make posts like this to antagonize the rest of us who have been left out? Your entire mail here was a troll message.

Dont blame BioWare for gamestop being crap. Everyone knows Gamestop is crap, thats why i dont order there.

I ordered form Amazon, got my pre-order code the same day (July 21rst) and entered it the same day.

I got into EGA on the 13th. Its that easy and simple.

the OP has it right, this has been a smooth very successful early access period. the real test comes from the full launch when all the shelf copies are gone out the door and everyone is trying to get logged in. Hopefully it will settle down quickly and we can all play and enjoy this game.

I would not know, I have not been allowed in yet. Not smooth for me. Nothing but a queue without an end in sight and no communication about that end.

Now that all of the trolls and whiners are in game, it's time to admit the truth: The Early Game Access program was a HUGE success.

what did they promise in the beginning? Up to 5 days of early game access depending on when you preorder. Then they made it even better by giving us up to SEVEN days of EGA. And then, when everyone who preordered late were bemoaning how "unfair " it would be if they only got a day (even though it would've been their own fault), it looks like almost EVERYONE will get 4 days of EGA, and the vast majority getting five OR MORE.

All of this was done with precision, with no major screw ups other than the occasionally full server when accessing (to be expected).

If any devs read this, THANK YOU for handling the trolls with grace and aplomb and putting up with their petulance and childish behavior, THANK YOU for letting us in early to play, and most of all THANK YOU for making what I think is the best MMO I've ever played.

Not seen anything successful about this early access at all get to start days later than other people only to get stuck in massive ques.

Sure I can expect ques for a popular server Bioware's responce of go play a different server shows how they lack the understanding of how MMO's work people are going to play on the server that thier guild is on, for me the go play a different server to your freinds means that I would have no intrest in an MMO not playing with your guild to me means that I would rather play a single player game.

Even the forums lag putting you in a waiting room

So again how did the stagard release work out well for anyone other than those that got in right at the start?

Nope it wasnt. Because of EGA and my family and friends are in their 20's now and I dont get to experience early game content with them.

3 of my friends got in on the 13th and I got in yesterday, two leveled to ~14 and slowed down to let me catch up, one leveled on ahead... guess who's having more fun.

If this was really a huge issue, they could have waited/leveled slowly or rolled an alt until you got in.

Look at all these crybabies! Thank you, OP, for pooling most of these people in a single thread.

You don't like how it was handled, even though you've been informed of it's procedures for months now? Go elsewhere. No seriously, if you're not in the game, and it's your fault, I'd rather none of you play.

This pre-launch has been handled very smoothly. Those giving half-hearted attempts at saying X or Y game handled their launch better are either giving out false information, outright lying or have no clue how the actual launch went.

WoW -- Servers crashed and people were locked out for 8 hours or more, some servers were down days.

Rift -- Again, locked servers, 6+ hour queues, server crashes.

Guild Wars -- Oh so bad; not even 50k people played the first 3 days, and even with so little traffic compared to the above two games, servers still crashed.

Haters gonna hate though. Again thanks for pooling them all here <3

I ordered back in July but due to a screwup with Zavvi (UK retailer) I had to cancel and buy from Amazon so registered on 2nd October.

I assumed the UPTO five days early access would work out as 1 day of early access per month you preordered by so for me that would mean 2 days.

I actually got in yesterday so thats 5 days. In my opinion i've been treated very generously, had good communication and that BW have listened and responded to people's concerns.

This launch is a very smooth success, i've had no lag, no major bugs, the server has been stable, i've got the name I wanted and the guild name we wanted (without pre registering). The friends that got in earlu used the time to try out some of the other classes and we've all rolled up our mains together, because we're freinds and work together.

All the whining from cretins with a overblown sense of entitlement is shamefull. Be gratefull that you've been given any kind of free access to a great game.

I admit that it was handled very nicely and that it is certainly better than a major scale launch with lag all over the place. However, I do hate the fact that you can´t level with your friends.. they are already lvl 25+ and I am not even in yet... we ordered on the same freaking day but because of the Digital Origin fail I had to redeem again on december 14th after the major forum/account reset.

Well next wave will be it I hope :)

Succes to you all.

I admit that it was handled very nicely and that it is certainly better than a major scale launch with lag all over the place. However, I do hate the fact that you can´t level with your friends.. they are already lvl 25+ and I am not even in yet... we ordered on the same freaking day but because of the Digital Origin fail I had to redeem again on december 14th after the major forum/account reset.

Well next wave will be it I hope :)

Succes to you all.

I honestly started a new character to play friends that got in late.

I think it was a good idea but since i ordered my game on 7/22, and wasnt able to get a code from Gamestop until Dec 12, I think it was a failure. May not be biowares fault but they did choose to go this route knowing that other games have had issues with retailers giving out the codes.

It does seem to me that they have done this properly.

"Right" is subjective. Properly isn't. We've seen the proof in server loads each day.

The one area they've semi-failed is with keeping up with the loads re: website access.

That's about it though.

I honestly started a new character to play friends that got in late.

Well it's their own problem since I am their Tank hehe. but I will catch up with them, I always did with these situations. They did however locked down all my char names for me. :)

Tiered access to an MMO is an abomination of an idea and should be resigned to the history books as a "how NOT to launch an MMO, ever" posterboy.

MMOs are competitive by nature, and you can't compete when you can't play. Competition shouldn't be designated by who has the money/knowledge/interest to preorder first, 6 months before release.

NB: That YOU don't care about competition, or believe it is not important, does not mean that that entire (large) part of the community should be alienated.

No, Ive been in since day one and this early access was horrible. Day 1 was disastrous, too many people left out, too few to group up with. Day 2 was ok though still had room for more. Day 3 and 4, while they did let a lot of people in this time they still didnt prepare enough for the servers to stay at low queues even (mind you game isnt even released to the masses yet), only releasing them AFTER all of Europe and a lot of the US were backed up in queues.

Get your head out of their *** and give yourself, as a customer, some self worth. You paid them for this early access, and the yellow crystal by giving them a portion of the money months in advance (yes in the business world that counts a lot).

Edited by MasterKayote

That's mighty good Koolaid you're drinking, yessiree. This EGA was flawed.

C'mon! They did NOTHING to set server population balance! Their communications about how they were handling this was lousy (I'm not talking so much about thier communications on the boards and via Twitter during the actual waves, I'm talking about leading up to it). The FAQs for the EGA were horrible. I'm not complaining about staggering things, but there were better much ways to handle this.

Best launch system.... other games will copy this, because it works. I per-payed for a game that will be in stores on the 20th of December. Because I put money into the pre-order this company will let me in before the 20th. Some people payed in July they get in first some in December they get in when everyone else who payed before them are in. Everyone who pre-orders will be in by the 19th which is before the game is released in stores. That's what was advertised "up to 5 day early game access" so you will be in game by the 19th or before. I was in before the 19th and many of you will to if you pre-ordered. This works and will gladly pre-order again any game that uses this system, next time on day one of the pre-order announcement!

Also no crash, no queue, no lag. Game looks great and runs smoothly!

Perfect launch IMO.

Tiered access to an MMO is an abomination of an idea and should be resigned to the history books as a "how NOT to launch an MMO, ever" posterboy.

MMOs are competitive by nature, and you can't compete when you can't play. Competition shouldn't be designated by who has the money/knowledge/interest to preorder first, 6 months before release.

NB: That YOU don't care about competition, or believe it is not important, does not mean that that entire (large) part of the community should be alienated.

Oh yeah because its "a large part" of the community. Most people probably didnt even care or wont even try to login till the official launch. Hell i got in on the 13th and only played maybe 4 hours so far.

You have no idea how many people really had a problem with EGA and probably never will. Its the same 20 people on these forums crying and whining non-stop if you look around.