Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Imperial Racism

WhiskeyGrin

What? The only races officially part of the Empire are Human,Zabrak(the hybrid ones) and Sith Pureblood(I'm counting Cyborgs as a human offshoot), the Chiss have allied themselves with the Empire and are providing support in exchange for no Imperials in the Ascendancy territories;BH races are only there because they are hired to be there and the rest are slave species.

Sure it's possible to rise from a slave to a "proper" Sith status, but it's rare.

The Republic is far more inclusive in it's membership and counts dozens and dozens off species as it's members. Let see of the top of my head, Human,Twi'lek,Kel Dor,Zabrak,Miraluka,Mirialan,Kaleesh,Nautolan,Togruta,Cathar,Selonian,Drall...goes on and on.

Unless you are talking playable species and in that case, gameplay and mechanics do not=lore.

^ good lore post

Yeah. torhead.com isn't the ultimate in TOR. I doubt very seriously the devs told torhead what was coming in 1.4/1.5, considering they just released info in what's going down in 1.2.

Given that the developers seem to be trying to respond to player requests I doubt they know what's going to be in 1.4/1.5

I think it is high time for changes to be made in our beloved Empire. The Chiss, Twilek Sith, and Rattataki have served our Empire loyaly and with great distinction. It is high time that the old ways be discarded and forgotten. It is high time that the members of these races be shown the respect that they deserve. If anyone disagres, get ready to taste the edge of my Vibro Knife.

I don't get it.... you want them to have more prominent parts in the class story-lines? or... you want them to also be Juggernauts and Sorcerers? I'm not sure what exact change you're requesting.

Is the best racism!

Get your Imperial © Brand racism today, at the low low cost of slavery and oppression!

Yup. "Shades of grey" factions are no fun. Some members may definitely be of the opposite alignment, but the main "vectors" of the warring factions should be relatively defined. Otherwise, it's "guys with brown ships" vs "guys with grey ships".

I think it is high time for changes to be made in our beloved Empire. The Chiss, Twilek Sith, and Rattataki have served our Empire loyaly and with great distinction. It is high time that the old ways be discarded and forgotten. It is high time that the members of these races be shown the respect that they deserve. If anyone disagres, get ready to taste the edge of my Vibro Knife.
What about zabaraks huh?! HUH?!

What really annoys me is that the very highest rank a Chiss has achieved in the Imperial military is 'captain'. I mean, they're our only official allies, and we treat them like they're inferior? It's ridiculous.

The baseline humans are just worried because of how much more awesome the chiss are. Jealous bastards...

There is no racism, its speciessm

The empire has given those races the respect they deserve, as years of hard work and dedication has been rewarded. They are seen as second class citizens who have a few rights.

Unlike the races that are only marginality useful, who are made into slaves.

Or the races that are not useful and are crushed underfoot.

I think we should pick on at random to genocide, to remind the others how lucky they are.

They wanted to copy Palpatine's Empire model. Yes I'm talking about the developers of the game, not in-universe-

Yes, it's the only reason.

No, it doesn't make any sense.

And this is why my Sith character is stuck at alignment 0, he's not stupid enough to be a real dark side guy apparently.

Isn't that the point of the Imperials? To run head-long into the fire, so the Sith can do the important stuff? Like trying to kill each other.

I resent that! The Sith are unified, 100%! The fact that there is an unusually high mortality rate involving accidental beheading, death by natural poisoning, and clumsy acolytes accidentally powering up their lightsabers while their superiors just happen (coincidentally, of course) to be strolling by does not mean we try to kill each other!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a... ah... surprise meeting with my master to discuss my... um... impending promotion.

:t_angel:

Edited by IsawaMitaka

Explain how it's against the Lore? Chiss have been known to be Force Sensitive as well as Twi'leks have been known to be Bounty Hunters. That's why with 1.2 you'll be able to choose any race/class combo provided you've unlocked it.

The point of this thread is he's tired of Empire discriminating against other races. It makes no sense for them to discriminate non-human/non-Sith races, because they've greatly aided the Empire.

According to Lore, the Chiss only have a Force Sensitive out of around 1 in 3 million born.

I think it's nice to have both ends of the spectrum. You have racist on one side and open-minded on the other side. Racism doesn't go away once you close your eyes or stop thinking about it. Star Wars reflects reality to some degree, and it reflects relationship dynamics within various settings.

Im going renegade. Starting today its open season on all Sith and Jedi! A perfect empire can only exist absent the Sith corruption that is destroying it! We will build a future where the Zabrak, Chiss, Rattatak, and humans have cleansed the galaxy of all force users and other races!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.