If you saw Episode IV back in 77, how old were you?

Lorgrin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 4 1/2 went with all my cousins to local drive in. I remember all being in my aunts New Yorker and her and my mom had the 2 youngest(1 year old each) in the other car. Became an instant Vader fan for life that day :D

i was born in 83 so i have always been jealous of the people that got to see it the first time in 77. as it was said before our generation will never have a chance to experience something like the 77 opening. nothing new really surprises anymore.

I was 7 and thought it was the coolest thing ever. At that time, with very very very few exceptions, science fiction (albeit star wars is fantasy but that's a seperate thread ;p) special effects and credibility was mostly limited to flaming toilet paper tubes on strings serving as rockets to spaaaace and here came star wars, which, to us kids seemed totally real. I remember I had to wait for a second release of the film into theaters (which never happened back then except for this runaway blockbuster) because my mom refused to stand on the 4-block long lines snaking around the theater. And yeah, the words "a new hope" were not there back then.

I was 20, been following it in Starlog,Saw it opening weekend,there was only like 30 people in the theater. Saw it twice in a row back to back(both seatings less that 50). After word of mouth on Monday, It EXPLODED.And for fun HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!!

I was 20, been following it in Starlog,Saw it opening weekend,there was only like 30 people in the theater. Saw it twice in a row back to back(both seatings less that 50). After word of mouth on Monday, It EXPLODED.And for fun HAN SHOT FIRST!!!!!

Thank God I'm not the only one here close to retirement...:D

I didn't see as much as heard Star Wars in 1977. I was still in the womb when my dad took my mom to see it and apparently after the music kicked in I didn't stop kicking until they left the theater lol. My mother thus had me stamped as a sci-fi nerd even before I entered the world.