If you saw Episode IV back in 77, how old were you?

Lorgrin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 11. My parents drove almost an hour to a theater that was showing it, and then we waited in a line stretching around the town for at least 2 full showings (4+ hours) to get in.

I remember the teaser articles in that scholastic books magazine that they used to give you in school.

I was 5 years old. I remember being in Kindergarden and everyone bragging how many times they had seen Star Wars. I was lucky enough to have seen it three times myself. I also remember the lines around the movie theaters for the second and third installments. Sometimes those lines would last through one to two showings and wrapped twice around the theater. Ah...those were the days!

Talk about toys. I still have every single action figure, starship and playset that I ever got. The wife hates it, even though she is a huge Star Wars fan as well. Been thinking of selling the entire collection though...

I was 13 years old and luckily had a friend who's older brother worked in the local cinema. I think we saw every showing of the movie for the first week. I remember being the only girl in class who liked Han Solo. I saved up to buy all the figures and various ships, which unfortunately my little brother got his hands on and buried in the back garden.

I was 7, saw it with my Dad in London which was cool :cool: never forget the opening sequence or the whole feel of the big adventure as a kid :) had a fair few of the toys and original Falcon, x-wing fighter and land lukes land speeder toys as well good memories :)