Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ToFN - Started queuing at around 18:00 after work and was around 2000 in queue. It's now 21:45 so quit out as I still have 300 ppl ahead of me. I make that more than 3.5hour queue for a server my guild was placed upon.

I only ever have a max of 3 hours to play at a time as I'm sure many other non-teenagers do. Would love to know what we're supposed to be thinking here...

Indeed this isnt good..

Would love some communication from Bioware what they are planning to to. AND DONT SAY CHOOSE ANOTHER SERVER. Al my guildies on the server because you didnt spread the guilds so every server has the same numbers.

Tomb Of Freedom Nadd.. I queue for 3+ hours.. disco.. get back in...

BACK AT 2000+ IN THE QUEUE????? You are sh***g me... so it is going to take me 7+ hours to login..... awesome.... no I cant change servers.. it's called being in a guild

yeah ToFN is the victim of early guild deployment

Stop acting like Children people!!!

you all act like you have entitlement in this world and should not have to wait.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WITH NEW MMO GAMES

Wait times happen and yes it will be long.

BW will fix it in due time. but hey lets take one step at a time. they said they will release new servers andi am sure with some servers being so full they will add transfers.

You know at this point the 2 day waiver for pre-order e.a. players might just be sucked up in queue :( ...

All the same, I do hope they plan to extend the servers/blades to some degree, allowing for a smoother login, not sure the details of their infrastructure to make something like that happen but I'll hope none the less that they add something to help.

And yes wait a month an we'll forget :)

Influx nubs always go for crowded servers for some reason, fear of lack in an "open" servers community? .... Dang Je'di thinkin' emotion & fear is a bad thing :eek: .....

Rename this thread the queue queue thread. What did you expect? Have you ever played a MMO at launch? Love the person saying that this game had less subscribers then AoC, or WOW...go check the VG for preorders.

Lets just revoke all the EGA granted today :)

What do you expect... Well I think we all expect that they would learn from the mistakes made by other MMO's so ensure it doesn't happen with this one....... :eek:

the only thing that i can say is shame to bioware 3 hours queue is not accetable

i've recived my invite 3-4 hours ago and i am still unable to log in on the server where my friend are

Not BW fault.

sorry Wait times happen.

its this or server crash's and mass lag. you choose.

Edited by Mrpoodles

For all the folks new to MMO's and particularly large MMO launches

Server population is a very tricky thing.

Years and years of research, real numbers not gustimates, have shown that the standard population of a server is about 5-8% of the total number of players that play on that server logged in at any given time.

During launch of a highly anticipated game, that percentage is wildly higher.

You don’t want to create too many new servers to handle this, as when the playing time normalizes what you have is hundreds of servers that feel very empty, with no one playing, no one to group with.

So you have to balance that, which means that during launch the servers will have a much higher percentage of player forcing queue times that will abate naturally over time leaving you with very good servers with a healthy population of players at a given time.

Bioware is doing the right thing not flooding in new servers, only later to have to transport populations to other servers.

They are doing it right, long queues are normal for the launch of a massive and successful MMO in this day and age.

All will improve over time.

^^^^This^^^^This^^^^This^^^^

I have never read more whining and crying in my life. Seriously people? Calm down, take a deep breath and go do something else while the queue chews down. With all the tears being shed here, you would think that none of you ever learned any sort of patience.

Hey watch this. I'm going to login, get into the queue, and then minimize and play Skyrim. Or watch TV. Or spend time with my kids and wife. Or build a model airplane. Or solve the theory of relativity. Really, it's that easy.

What's most annoying is that the queue times are lying. I've entered the queue with a displayed waiting time of 1:15 hours. That was 2 hours ago and I've still not hit 30% mark on the progress bar. Edited by Erazor