Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The same people who where complaining about the staggered EGA are now complaining about server queues. Who would have guessed!

Well i wasn't complaning about EGA, but am complaining about people rolling on heavy load servers.

so...stop making things up.

Edited by NoirNL

45-60 mins seems bad but some servers are upto 120+ which is a bloody poor show got disconected this afternoon was signing back in within a minute and was placed back in the que been waiting over 2hrs now to get back in this is damned frustraiting as you can imagine.

Bioware stance on the matter of just go play a less populated server is a joke for anyone who want to play an mmo with their guild (imagine that Bioware people wanting to play a mmo with their freinds)

Without the ability to play with your guild or your freinds I would rather play a single player game what wont cost me a subscription the big draw to an MMO is the social aspect.

For all the folks new to MMO's and particularly large MMO launches

Server population is a very tricky thing.

Years and years of research, real numbers not gustimates, have shown that the standard population of a server is about 5-8% of the total number of players that play on that server logged in at any given time.

During launch of a highly anticipated game, that percentage is wildly higher.

You don’t want to create too many new servers to handle this, as when the playing time normalizes what you have is hundreds of servers that feel very empty, with no one playing, no one to group with.

So you have to balance that, which means that during launch the servers will have a much higher percentage of player forcing queue times that will abate naturally over time leaving you with very good servers with a healthy population of players at a given time.

Bioware is doing the right thing not flooding in new servers, only later to have to transport populations to other servers.

They are doing it right, long queues are normal for the launch of a massive and successful MMO in this day and age.

All will improve over time.

The comment about rerolling on a new server shows a total lack of understanding if MMO's. Bioware allocated the guilds, as in LoL-EU they need to fix it. I'd move right now if they'd move the guild but what about our allies etc. ? I think they've messed up on this one, fair enough but don't pull the reroll line....

BW staggered access and delegated guilds to specific servers in an effort to spread out the playerbase...

Except BW spread that playerbase over a completely lacking server list that needs dozens more added just to keep up.

Result: Everyone goes to the few servers and is reluctant to move to the new ones because they have already made characters and ties to the servers they are on.

BW have completely screwed themselves and its their own damn fault.

BW are at fault and thus BW should be the ones footing the bill to fix it. That means giving guilds and people free transfers to servers and LOCKING servers from ANY new admissions or transfers if they are full.

Angry Forum guy: waaaaaah i didn't get in to early access, Bioware you should let more people in this is stupid.

Bioware: Well ok if it will make you happy *adds more people*

Angry forum guy: Waaaaaaah i can't even play this game because of the server queues, you guys messed up the EGA bad!

Bioware: /facepalm

No I did not pick my server Bioware did and I do not want to reroll. They put our guild on The Harbinger and some Australian TOR site told all Oceanic to roll on our server so we have an entire country on this server. Last night we had a queue over 1000. If you look now The Harbinger is the only us west server on very heavy. They need to rebalance this server or give free moves. When you assign guilds to a server telling people to roll on another server should not be an option.

They have done a good job with EGA so far so I am betting they will address the queue issue as well. On the bright side queue is a good thing it means the game is popular :)

Edited by Caboth

I got booted from my original server last night a few times and experienced some fairly long queues. So I just headed to another server and rolled another toon. I figure until they work it all out I'll just experiment with the different classes.

Angry Forum guy: waaaaaah i didn't get in to early access, Bioware you should let more people in this is stupid.

Bioware: Well ok if it will make you happy *adds more people*

Angry forum guy: Waaaaaaah i can't even play this game because of the server queues, you guys messed up the EGA bad!

Bioware: /facepalm

and if they added a slew of new servers.... 3 months from now ... "waaaaaaaaa my server never has anyone to group with .... waaaaaaaa!... Big Fail Big Fail!"

They don’t get it, they have a vested interest in not getting it. I don’t know why I try to explain it.

This happens all the time, just hang on and i will get better. I prefer this instead of empty servers where it's hard to find a group for group quests.

at least someone out there gets it... you are a breath of freesh air

It's kind of annoying. My guild was assigned to ToFN, and I got into the early access straight away. Managed to get my Jedi up to level 18 before these queues started occur. I didn't want to ditch all that progress, but there wasn't much choice so I decided I'd roll a Sith for the time being on a different server and wait for ToFN to calm down. Now the server my Sith is on is experiencing queues too, not quite as bad as the 2hour+ one on ToFN, but still.

I hope Bioware either solve this issue, or allow server transfers, because I'm not waiting in a 2hour queue to play a game.

Edited by Aikagi

Everyone is still talking about peak hours - hours when we came from work and we have free time? I cant play during day, i am at work.... and i will not play at night (morning) so what else i can do then wait in queque..... and after open beta tests? Is Early access some kind of another beta test?

Why people from guilds, which were deployed to servers havent got VIP entrance to that servers? Why BW dont have enough europian servers at start of EAG? Etc. etc. This is my third day of EAG, i played only 7 hours and waited 3,5 hour in queque = i am really idiot that i bought pre-order....

For me it is not about the queue. It is about letting friends/guilds being split up because 1-2 hours of queues are horrifying to players as we can see on the forums.

Being disconnected from the game doesn't make you requeue btw.

Those that got access early and told their friends to join their server should now has to reroll because they want to spread out the players and lower the cap of players that can be logged on? I got access in the first wave on the first day and it seems that was more of a curse than a blessing.

If they made it possible for me to move my char from the server I am on to a low pop one I would do it in an instant.

This will probably work out in the end. My only big concern is that they seem to have underestimated the ammount of players in Europe and that might bite them in the ***. All American servers seems LIGHT/STANDARD in pop.

Just selected a good named high load server on first day... i guess everyone else done the same.

I would gladly accept a migration to any standard loaded server at all...

queue is 1200 pll and wait time is over 1 hour, i dont want to make a fresh start again on a new server!