Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Queue growing and growing and growing...

RuiMilk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree to that. Let the guilds change server or let the players change fast and easy.

Wonder how many people play this game right now?

Soon 3 hour que here, but now im in place 88 so I see the light in the end of the tunnel.

I have an alt on an american server for nights like this but i dont want to loose my spot now.

If you've really been 2 hours in the same spot, I would strongly advice you to check that your swtor isnt gone in freeze mode :p

i started out 1100 sumthing...after 2 hour que it's ONLY down to 230 (210 now)

i'm glad u find this amusing cos i sure dont

i didnt pay alot of money to sit and watch a serverlist all evening

I have played other MMOs at launch. I never had to queue to get on for more than 10 minutes.

BW knew how many preorders they had and how many people they sent emails to saying early access granted. So why not have the server capacity to match? Inviting say (numbers just for illustration) 10k people when you know your servers will only take 3k is bad business if nothing else.

More then 10 minutes? So you never did the EQ launch, WoW Launch, DaoC? Rift? They all had either LONG que times, or an absolute inability to log-in due to log-in servers being overloaded.

EA already had the WAR fiasco where they opened servers like mad and the populations ran too thin. So I'm glad Bioware/EA is taking a more reserved approach and doing things right with the servers.

Lying on the forums is poor form. :cool:

i started out 1100 sumthing...after 2 hour que it's ONLY down to 230 (210 now)

i'm glad u find this amusing cos i sure dont

i didnt pay alot of money to sit and watch a serverlist all evening

i don't thing he was being rude. that actually happens. be advised

then how can we trade anything in trade hubs? don't post anything that you haven't confirmed yourself. When u get a friend on the same crowded planet and his on a different phase ill believe that.

Maybe you shouldn't go offensive and get down from your horse until you managed to get some facts together about industrial servers and their architecture before you even claim that they are overloaded by a mere 2k people what is a joke for todays standards.

Maybe you shouldn't go offensive and get down from your horse until you managed to get some facts together about industrial servers and their architecture before you even claim that they are overloaded by a mere 2k people what is a joke for todays standards.

i said theyre being capped. not overloaded. and because its simply ******** for nowadays standards is the reason im posting it.

Edited by Lopys

*** is this , just got inn after 30 min waiting,, played for 1 houer with m8, then my internet shut down for 30 sec , and now i must wait for 60 min again:( this suck,

well i just run back to my old game,, proberly dont bother with this game if i have to wait an houer eact time i wanna play

There certainly needs to be something done about this and I was hoping the maintenance would have resolved some of the queueing issues.

I try not to complain especially as we are still in the pre-release phase ... but ...

I am stuck in a queue that started off at 1201 with an estimated wait of 1h05m. After 40 minutes the queue is about 200 lower which means that I will spend about 3 hours waiting to play. Anyone who thinks that this is acceptable, pre-release or not needs to be taken out and told a few things.

To my mind there are things that can be done to alleviate this, particularly if the servers are being artificially capped.

1) Prevent anyone who is not part of a guild on a Full Server from creating a character there.

2) Up the cap now and leave the restriction in place until game launch.

3) Offer entire guilds the opportunity to be transferred to a new server, at this point people really wouldnt be too burned by this.

Other than that ... I got nothing, but at the moment this is causing me to lose a lot of enjoyment in a game that i was otherwise throughly enjoying in beta and pre-release (right up to the point where my HD crashed and burned on the 1st night ... but thats another story)

I'm pretty stoked on the fact that there are TONS of people trying to get in to play. Bodes well for the future of the game.

And yes, I have personally been waiting for over an hour to get in to basilisk droid. Just be happy the game is finally here.:D

Edited by BoDiE

More then 10 minutes? So you never did the EQ launch, WoW Launch, DaoC? Rift? They all had either LONG que times, or an absolute inability to log-in due to log-in servers being overloaded.

EA already had the WAR fiasco where they opened servers like mad and the populations ran too thin. So I'm glad Bioware/EA is taking a more reserved approach and doing things right with the servers.

Lying on the forums is poor form. :cool:

Did the WOW launch, LOTR, WAR and a couple of others. Only wait I ever had was on a WOW expansion launch, and it was 10 minutes.

So yeah, I played other MMO launches, and yeah, never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Which is as it shoudl be.

It's not rocket surgery you know. It's a matter of adding up. ;)

Telling others they are lying on forums when they aren't is also poor form BTW

ETA: I note from twitter that SWTOR, as of 15 minutes ago, proudly announcing they are still inviting more people....

Edited by Kissmequick

I have played other MMOs at launch. I never had to queue to get on for more than 10 minutes.

How many of those obvious failure MMOs are shut down now?

Let's try a little analogy. How many people went shopping on Black Friday? How many waited in line to pay or drove around looking for a parking space?

Now, even though the stores knew that would happen, how many stores bought the property next door and renovated to put in 30 more registers and 300 more parking spaces?

Why wouldn't they do that? I mean, god, they knew it was going to happen, so why not be prepared? I'm pissed, damnit.

You don't spend big money and make long term changes to fix a temporary problem. In normal world terms, this week is the biggest shopping day(s) of the year for this MMO, and the resources they allocate to each server need to be based on what they will need for the vast majority of the life of the game, and not for an extreme aberration that will only happen once.

Waited for 2 hours(It said 1h20min but it was longer) played for like 3 minutes then error 9000. Waited for 2½ hours, got kicked when I was around 200 in line. Back on 2½ wait. Now I'm just kind of sad I wasted this time.

I gladly change servers(even though I got really attached to my characters on the server i originally choose) but looking at the server screen it looks crowded on all servers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/32420938.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/815/39093675.jpg/

Brownie points if you know what this means:

alert tcp $HOME_NET 23432 -> $EXTERNAL_NET any (msg:"BACKDOOR Asylum 0.1 connection established"; flow:to_client,established; flowbits:isset,backdoor.asylum.connect; content:"GNT"; depth:3; metadata:policy balanced-ips drop, policy connectivity-ips drop, policy security-ips drop; classtype:misc-activity; sid:3014; rev:6;)

Otherwise, please stop pretending to understand servers and what Bioware is and will be doing as the game matures. Heck they may even patch and refine the code before the true launch. It IS a brand new game, I don't expect things to be 100%, 90% is normal and Bioware is around 95%.

Could be FAR worse. This could be WoW's launch when the loot bug would lock your toon for hours. Hunter pets were glitched beyond hope, the Shaman air totem quest wasn't even possible. The Zepplins disconnected you, drown you and then made your body unrecoverable for a time. I could go on, but I've beta tested a ton of games and seen the launches of just as many if not more and this is a solid launch thus far.

Waited for 2 hours(It said 1h20min but it was longer) played for like 3 minutes then error 9000. Waited for 2½ hours, got kicked when I was around 200 in line. Back on 2½ wait. Now I'm just kind of sad I wasted this time.

I gladly change servers(even though I got really attached to my characters on the server i originally choose) but looking at the server screen it looks crowded on all servers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/32420938.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/815/39093675.jpg/

witch server? they are all full

How many of those obvious failure MMOs are shut down now?

WOW is still quite popular and has been for some time I am given to understand

Also, what is Black Friday?

ETA: google is my friend

Okay, it's like a shop giving out 10 000 coupons for free tea on Black Friday and then only having ten teas to actually give away...and then giving away more coupons.

Also, tomorrow will be a heavy shopping day. Two of my local supermarkets are laying on free buses to other car parks, so that people don;t have to stress about parking in theirs. It's called Good Business.

You make a promise, you shoudl stick to it as far as possible. BW knew this would be a heavy time for traffic. People can;t play, and are unhappy, obviously. Yet THEY ARE STILL INVITING MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY WITHOUT UPPING CAPACITY

Edited by Kissmequick

i said theyre being capped. not overloaded. and because its simply ******** for nowadays standards is the reason im posting it.

I you meant capped than i agree with you. And if the number in game isn't the server instance it could be some server cluster number. Why they don't go up with the cap is a riddle for me and why they force people who allready have characters on a server to wait in a line (because they sure won't reroll on another server) is another mystery to me.

Yup it's math.

X resources needed to run a game for the projected population of Y players in the long term

+

a temporary increase of players to 5*Y that are trying to play on those same X servers

=

2 hour wait times

Ok this is becoming a joke now. I have been waiting from 6pm to get on my server Legions of Lettow, it says the wait is 1 hour 25min, its now 8:45pm and only halfway in the queue. At this rate by the time I get in it will be gone 11pm which is when I have work as I do nights.

You need to sort this out, by the time the 20th comes its going to be hell toget on. Might as well get up a macro to move me ever 5mins and stay loged in, stopping me getting loged out and stopping anyone else getting my spot which I'm sure people are doing.

Did the WOW launch, LOTR, WAR and a couple of others. Only wait I ever had was on a WOW expansion launch, and it was 10 minutes.

So yeah, I played other MMO launches, and yeah, never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Which is as it shoudl be.

Telling others they are lying on forums when they aren't is also poor form BTW

ETA: I note from twitter that SWTOR, as of 15 minutes ago, proudly announcing they are still inviting more people....

I posted the WoW issues and it didn't have a que, WoW had log-in server issues for days. Which lead to the "Log-in game" where you type your password and hit enter a few hundred times before being able to log in. WAR had initial issues, then opened WAY too many servers, look where WAR is now, poor example. Never did Lotro past beta, wasn't something I was interested in.

So they are lies and something I would rather not see on these forums. The community needs to be a place of facts, not this slander.