What is the SWTOR fiasco??

AbsolutGrndZero

because the idiots who complain are usually the ones that are the first to ***** about it on forums and social media, alot more so than people who want to praise the game. so they get a bigger voice which influence others even if they are the minority.

i love all bioware games. i love mass effect. and i loved dragon age 2.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is just the cascade of ME3 princeface/rage spilling over to everything else the company touched. I'm not a big non-MMO computer game fan, but observing my hubby play nonstop practically until the end, get to the total ...??? ending (after enjoying the game immensely until that point), and then being filled in on the trainwreck post rage that's going on over there in the forums. I think people are just freaking out at Bioware right now.

It does seem somewhat justified, that sure was a lame ending for a game that's centered around the storyline, and it just seems like a really dumb move on the part of whoever was calling the shots; but I don't think you can expect anyone who's sleep deprived and who's invested that much time into something to not be at least a little irrationally upset if there's a significant What-the-heck-was-that at the end. :D

Edited by Chantrea

Ok, so with the recent release of Mass Effect 3 and so many people not liking the ending, they are making comparisons to Star Wars the Old Republic being such a horrid game and using words like "fiasco" and such. It's all apparently evidence that Bioware has lost their touch and is going to completely fail as a company very soon.

Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?

Nothing. You've missed absolutely nothing. Keep playing the game(s) if you enjoy it (Both this and ME3) and make your own calls.

Kinda reminds me of the movie Sucker Punch. Granted, it wasn't the best of movies (although I enjoyed it)...but I was surprised that so many people hated it for the wrong reasons. Example: The ending was getting slammed by quite a lot of people because...it wasn't a "happy ending". Wrong thing to be upset about for that movie. Sorry if it didn't make people feel like sunshine and roses. :shrug: But I digress

Fiasco? I think it's mostly people that are simply upset because it's not what they personally want. I've played Guild Wars (Hated it personally), Dungeons & Dragons Online (My first MMO and I'm a D&D geek so was REALLY hoping for it, but it was fun for a couple months), Age of Conan (We'll just ignore that), Rift (Far more over-hyped as the "WoW-Killer" then this and only kept me entertained for my free month), and WoW (And if anybody says that there weren't HORRIBLE bugs in this game when it came out is blind since there are STILL bugs in it from launch), and now SWTOR. And personally I'll be staying with SWTOR. Not because it has amazing end game content, but it's a game I can play and enjoy without having to make it a second job. It reminds me of the Old Republic console games that I loved. Are there problems? Sure...there are problems in every game. If it's something that you can't look past. Don't troll the forums. Don't tell me your quiting and why. Don't stay on the forums for months after complaining. All my friends told me to play Dragon Age, so I bought it...played it for about 4 hours total and then took it back to Gamestop. Did I think my friends were stupid for enjoying it? No...it's just my own taste.

So you want to know what the fiasco is? Children that have nothing better to do then to try to ruin everybody else game experience because they aren't enjoying it and misery likes company.

If you like the games...play on...and don't take so much stock in forum posters...75% of them have the mentality of a 12 year old.

Fiasco? I think it's mostly people that are simply upset because it's not what they personally want.

Bioware promised multiple endings based on choices made. We didn't get that. They lied to the consumer. If this was any other kind of product most people would return in.

I don't want to believe this, especially when I have kids myself. Please tell me that you are kidding. PLEASE. Even if you have to lie to me. And if you aren't, I hope you failed the **** out of them.

They cannot fail the **** out of them. If they do they will say they have failed as a teacher and put the blame on them!!:(

Best summed up in a quote by Ben "Yahtzee" Crosshaw:

"Fans are clingy complaining dip****s that will never ever be grateful for anything you give them."

No idea who that guy is but I couldn't agree more.

The real fiasco is that nobody took the time to cure these people of their overwhelming sense of entitlement.

When you pay for something you are entitled. Unless you'd like the wheels to fall off your one week old car. Return? What do you think your 'entitled' to that? Please.

When you pay for something you are entitled. Unless you'd like the wheels to fall off your one week old car. Return? What do you think your 'entitled' to that? Please.

Yes, the complainers were entitled to pay the game, and did so to its fullest extent. They are not entitled to anything else.

Nevertheless, because they find something uninteresting, their overdeveloped sense of entitlement, combined with their underdeveloped sense of language, means that it must therefore be a "fiasco."

Also, it's spelled "you're," as in, "Your complaints may be taken more seriously if you're capable of communicating your ideas clearly."

Bioware promised multiple endings based on choices made. We didn't get that. They lied to the consumer. If this was any other kind of product most people would return in.

Long time ago I walked into a game shop and bought ME1 for the PC, cost me £5, bargain bucket kind of thing,

And it was one of the best games I ever played, loved it, £5 well spent,

Then I walked into the same game shop a few months later and saw ME2 for sale for £20, PC version, so I handed over my cash and,

Hated it, probably one of the worst games I have ever played, a complete let down, it felt childish, cheap, rushed and the story was a complete load of tosh right from the very first opening scene,

Anyway,

Once Bitten, Twice as Shy

I didnt bother buying ME3, anyone who bought ME3 expecting a good game after the ME2 fiasco is err quite frankly insane, lol

No offence intended if you did indeed buy it, I am sure it was a thrilling and epic story, all the way through.

Had to add that last bit cos the forum censors are getting a bit twitchy atm, lol

:rolleyes:

Edited by Tsaritsin

I like this game, I recently canceled however, purely because of the Mass Effect 3 fiasco. Got to send a message.

It has nothing to do with "entitlement" or a "happy ending". The developers lied about the ramifications of the outcome multiple times.

"There are many different endings. We wouldn’t do it any other way. How

could you go through all three campaigns playing as your Shepard and

then be forced into a bespoke ending that everyone gets? But I can’t say

any more than that…"

"Whether you're happy or angry at the ending, know this: it is an

ending. BioWare will not do a "Lost" and leave fans with more questions

than answers after finishing the game."

"I honestly think the player base is going to be really happy with the

way we've done it. You had a part in it. Every decision you've made will

impact how things go. The player's also the architect of what happens."

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

http://i.imgur.com/xUq9t.png

and so forth.... go read the ME3 forums

Edited by gauu

I'm also one of the people who have cancelled their SW:TOR account because of the Mass Effect 3 ending.

I'm not one to usually join the outrage. I was fine with Dragon Age 2, etc... but the ending on Mass Effect 3. Uhg.

As for those saying it's a few hundred vocal minority. Currently the polls on the website show about 40k who want the endings changed, and only about 900 who are fine with the ending.

Even the Facebook page that supports different endings is getting thousands of people every couple of days to join it. So I believe the majority is pretty clear currently.

Each day brings in a bunch of people who didn't believe the ending could be that bad. People who hadn't finished the game yet. When they did finish it though, they decided to join up with the group.

Edited by sirjeal

Ok, so with the recent release of Mass Effect 3 and so many people not liking the ending, they are making comparisons to Star Wars the Old Republic being such a horrid game and using words like "fiasco" and such. It's all apparently evidence that Bioware has lost their touch and is going to completely fail as a company very soon.

Now... what did I miss? What are these people talking about? I've not been playing for awhile (still subscribed) because various things IRL have left me with less time to play video games, then I wanted to finish up a save for ME2 and now playing ME3.

So what have I missed?

I bought ME3 with the understanding that it was the end of the series.

What I got was a cliffhanger that implies "You can buy the Real Ending at a future date with DLC."

If it was any other product besides a video game I would have returned it for a refund.

Edited by Damedius

Brace yourself for the ending of ME3. I won't go into details as you haven't gotten there yet, but suffice to say it's bad and negates every promise BW ever made about how important player choice is to that game. If you want more information just google mass effect 3 ending and you'll see what I'm talking about.

As for this game, mostly it's just the damn bugs lol. Some of us, myself included, are pissed about all of the bugs and the lousy customer service.

I'm also one of the people who have cancelled their SW:TOR account because of the Mass Effect 3 ending.

I'm not one to usually join the outrage. I was fine with Dragon Age 2, etc... but the ending on Mass Effect 3. Uhg.

As for those saying it's a few hundred vocal minority. Currently the polls on the website show about 40k who want the endings changed, and only about 900 who are fine with the ending.

Even the Facebook page that supports different endings is getting thousands of people every couple of days to join it. So I believe the majority is pretty clear currently.

Each day brings in a bunch of people who didn't believe the ending could be that bad. People who hadn't finished the game yet. When they did finish it though, they decided to join up with the group.

They also decided to set up a charity donation page for a children's foundation charity just to see if they could get a serious demonstration going for how upset people are about ME 3. Currently, they're at $26,000 donated and counting.

We are currently living through a global recession. Struggling to secure employment and fear for times ahead. Investing our money into onlines game sub each month or paying £40 for a new game title isnt cheap. Its a matter of choice we decide on how we enterain ourselves sometimes with a live today worry tomorrow attitude.

Combine this with the interenet, twitter and multi-media forums of expression. We have been given a armchair voice that was once not there. Many of us wanted to complain or express a view but before technology improved we didnt have that ability.

Western world live today forget tomorrow culture has ruined cultural roots. Religion has been replaced with celebritism icons.

All creates a society for expression of fail and want/need/me me me.

We are going backwards and need to make a stand. Positively.

As for the crying over ME3. HOnestly, the game play and story before the ending was excellent. It was going in a great direction until the last 15 minutes of the game, That's where Bioware really dropped the ball on the ending. The fans were told one thing, but got something totally different. Expectations were set for a closure and that what fans did not get. . I could care less if the hero died. The point was there were contradictions and major plot holes left and you left with more questions than answers. Thats not closure honestly. There were some elements that contradicted other elements in the previous game. Like someone pointed a certain ship scene absolutely made no freaking sense whatsoever. A lot of the so called complainers are asking for an explanation on the subject but no one is answering them which makes it them even more angry. EA/Bioware is already in a bad spot. They just need to own up and either provide an explanation on what they were trying to get across or come out with a DLC to potray the ending correctly.

Nothing. You've missed absolutely nothing. Keep playing the game(s) if you enjoy it (Both this and ME3) and make your own calls.

Kinda reminds me of the movie Sucker Punch. Granted, it wasn't the best of movies (although I enjoyed it)...but I was surprised that so many people hated it for the wrong reasons. Example: The ending was getting slammed by quite a lot of people because...it wasn't a "happy ending". Wrong thing to be upset about for that movie. Sorry if it didn't make people feel like sunshine and roses. :shrug: But I digress

Ha yeah I love Sucker Punch (in fact I own both the theatrical and extended versions, downloaded from iTunes) and so I totally get your point in bringing it up. :)