Pyro Powertech Burst [PVP - Video]

exphryl

I figure I'll just keep this thread updated with various burst videos I throw together in different Pyro specs. Obviously, for those that can't differentiate between always damage and burst damage, these are with adrenals or relics or explosive fuel or all three. Sometimes I wait till things are off cooldown before even attacking to ensure I have the biggest impact available. (i.e take out that healer, destroy that ball carrier, underman cap a point in Civil War).

This NOT sustainable damage once everything falls off. It's beyond rare to break 5K without such additional help

Newest Video. Spec: 8/6/27

Had a whole day of PvP yesterday (3/9/2012) and recorded a bunch of Warzones. Pieced together about 18 or so various burst shots ranging from 4.8k - 6k crits. Targets also range from basic 50, to geared Knights.

Older Videos:

Figure was bored, pieced together a short burst video of some stuff I had (4 mins) showing some well, burst. All is post-surge nerf obviously. (Using 8/6/27 and 4/6/31 specs)

Gearing:

I'll swap between either 4PC PvP Eliminator or more often then not, I use 4PC PvE Combat Tech. Every single Enhancement is replaced with the 23 Endurance/34 Power/48 Surge enhancement which I got from purchasing a bunch of Imperial Agent Enforcer (I think it's enforcer) Gloves.

The rest of the gear is:

Implants: 2x Battlemaster Medic (Crit). I do have both Eliminator for more Power but it drops my crit way to low for normal fights

Bracers, Gun, Offhand: Battlemaster Eliminator's

Earpiece: Level 49 Mastercraft AIM/Crit/Surge Earpiece, with a Crit Augment. (this piece alone gives me 95 Crit)

Specs are

8/6/27: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsZfhMbdGhMM.1

4/6/31: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhMbdGGMs.1

Edited by exphryl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nooby question here! whats a surge rating?

Surge rating is the Crit Multiplier. (i.e how much extra damage your crits do)

Previously, you could stack it to very very high amounts. They changed it so you can get to about 80% tops.

About the same numbers i see in half champp/half cent
dont be offended if i believe you're lying. im running with mostly champ gear and i have lower numbers compared to exphryl.

thanks for the videos btw exphryl, really enjoyable. - and i've learnt that i must use my stims more often as you do :)

dont be offended if i believe you're lying. im running with mostly champ gear and i have lower numbers compared to exphryl.

thanks for the videos btw exphryl, really enjoyable. - and i've learnt that i must use my stims more often as you do :)

Thanks. I'm setting one up with mainly 5.4k+ Crits in the rotation so we'll see how that goes today if I finish. This video was more of a regular use type damage.

One thing that is helpful also, I don't know if it's the same with with Centurian to Champion, but with Champion to Battlemaster I'll swap out the power relics after I use one of them them since they don't share a full cooldown only the 30 seconds for some reason so I have more uptime on the Relic power up.

What's your surge and crit ratings?

78% Surge: (+433)

24% Crit: (+249)

That's currently with the crit BM Implants, I'll swap those with the power ones sometime If I really need some extra oomph to take out a pesky healer. (It drops my crit to about 20% but fuel makes up for it)

And to Theology, your half/cent champ gear totally is teh same as the gear you posted about in your thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=351435 gg sir.

Edited by exphryl

What's your accuracy? I keep thinking I want to remod a lot of my bm gear. I barely do pve, so I only have one piece of rakata, and I'm OK with that.

+51 :D Just from the earpiece which puts it about 91%?

Should have a second video up later with a lot of funness. Been a good friday for pvp on our server :D

Edited by exphryl

+51 :D Just from the earpiece which puts it about 91%?

Should have a second video up later with a lot of funness. Been a good friday for pvp on our server :D

With such low accuracy, do you have trouble with tanks? Do you even bother shooting them when other targets are available?

Did you remod your BM gear with pve mods, or champion mods?

With such low accuracy, do you have trouble with tanks? Do you even bother shooting them when other targets are available?

Did you remod your BM gear with pve mods, or champion mods?

Tankasins. But they are the bane of our class anyway (in my opinion) but even then most play horribly so it's an easy win. The ones that know what they are doing is a pretty fun tough fight usually ending in 200hp for whoever won. :) Powertechs and Juggs (and Repub counterpart) are pretty laughable to go up against.

All the enhancements in all my sets of gear (PvE Combat Tech, PvP Eliminator) is the 23 end/34 power/48 Surge enhancement you get from the IMperial Agent gear. (You start to just roll in champion commendations and it's a good thing to spend them on)

Tankasins. But they are the bane of our class anyway (in my opinion) but even then most play horribly so it's an easy win. The ones that know what they are doing is a pretty fun tough fight usually ending in 200hp for whoever won. :) Powertechs and Juggs (and Repub counterpart) are pretty laughable to go up against.

All the enhancements in all my sets of gear (PvE Combat Tech, PvP Eliminator) is the 23 end/34 power/48 Surge enhancement you get from the IMperial Agent gear. (You start to just roll in champion commendations and it's a good thing to spend them on)

I made the switch to those, now I am critting over 5k, thanks for the advice.

edit: a friend popped Inspiration and I hit a tankassin for 5440. Without inspiration, I hit someone for 5200.

Edited by Malvantyr

78% Surge: (+433)

24% Crit: (+249)

That's currently with the crit BM Implants, I'll swap those with the power ones sometime If I really need some extra oomph to take out a pesky healer. (It drops my crit to about 20% but fuel makes up for it)

And to Theology, your half/cent champ gear totally is teh same as the gear you posted about in your thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=351435 gg sir.

You realize that it takes 1 raid and a few bags to get absurd amounts of gear, right? And seeing as it's been over a day and a few raids/bags later..yeah, I trust that you can put two and two together.

COOL TRY DOE BROH

Edited by Theology

Do you have any opinion between the two specs?

I have yet to give up my thermal detonator. I love the burst. I feel like id have more trouble bursting healers if the rng procs are not with me. Also, I really like having another long range ability to throw in hutball when I don't want to change levels.

I have yet to give up my thermal detonator. I love the burst. I feel like id have more trouble bursting healers if the rng procs are not with me. Also, I really like having another long range ability to throw in hutball when I don't want to change levels.

If you exclusively PvP or have no issues respecing all the time, TD is essential. PvE I believe you do more sustained dps with a 27/28 pyro and get to Prototype Cylinder and Steely Resolve.

I premaded a lot yesterday for a change so having a build with higher sustained worked out great.

If it's a day i'm going to be solo queuing i'll spec TD since I can't rely on my team to help me kill a pesky healer, even if they are marked, the entire ...damn..match... Not just for burst though, but to; like you said; have another ranged ability when I am rooted or mis-position myself from a knockback.

But for the most part my attacks hit so hard anyways I don't really notice missing TD when I don't have it.

Edited by exphryl

Which bonus set do you prefer ? PvE one (+8% dmg) or PvP One (+15% crit chance) ?

I didn't test PvE one yet, but it seems to be better than the PvP one, with some extra aim and the +8% dmg on RS is very good. Plus u loose not so much expertise by replacing 4 pieces :)

Edited by Nanarchist

Which bonus set do you prefer ? PvE one (+8% dmg) or PvP One (+15% crit chance) ?

I didn't test PvE one yet, but it seems to be better than the PvP one, with some extra aim and the +8% dmg on RS is very good. Plus u loose not so much expertise by replacing 4 pieces :)

Yeah. I usually wear the PvE. It's a minimal expertise loss since I wear PvP Pieces for almost every other slot (minus a matrix cube relic). With my modding and and gear level that 8% railshot bonus is about 200+ damage to the base of that attack.

Edited by exphryl

Yeah. I usually wear the PvE. It's a minimal expertise loss since I wear PvP Pieces for almost every other slot (minus a matrix cube relic). With my modding and and gear level that 8% railshot bonus is about 200+ damage to the base of that attack.

Mmmh, does dual power relics (champ one + BM one) isn't better than the matrix cube ? Dunno if the expertise from the relic is worth the aim+crit of the matrix cube... Plus u don't have to swap relics.

Edited by Nanarchist

Mmmh, does dual power relics (champ one + BM one) isn't better than the matrix cube ? Dunno if the expertise from the relic is worth the aim+crit of the matrix cube... Plus u don't have to swap relics.

I'll just swap the BM with the Champ one when i'm out of combat to keep a good uptime on the clickies.

And yes, I use the same gear for Nightmare modes. Accuracy is highly over-rated >_< (In my opinion that is). May be more important next tier of content but for current tier I wouldn't worry about it to much.

Edited by exphryl

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.