Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If BIOWARE cant fix the small things how can we expect the bigger things to be fixed?

Wargamez

Its a honest question ... the small things like your camera zooming in when you go under a bridge but then never zooms back out.

like when we make a group for wz ... is it that hard to let the damn group stay together without having to reinvite?

is it that hard to let us right click a member in our guild to invite or even whisper?

Im sure all of us can go on and on about other minor things that should be fixed and should of been fixed long ago. i'll just leave it with the two small things id like to see fixed ASAP while we wait for the major fixes to take place.

my title says it all .... if they cant fix small things ... they def CANT fix the major issues

Look, it took Blizzard 8 years to fix the Warrior Charge bug in WoW.

And that is supposed to be an excuse for BW?

Actually it didn't take them 8 years. It probably took them a day or few days but they put it off for 8 years.

And that is supposed to be an excuse for BW?

Actually it didn't take them 8 years. It probably took them a day or few days but they put it off for 8 years.

At first, I was wondering "Did he just quote and argue with himself?" lol

Well, last night Soa reset once and then didnt drop anything after we killed it. So yes, they cannot fix the bigger things either. This normally wouldnt be a "bigger thing" but considering the amount of things to do after 50 and the fact that you can only do them for so long without bashing your head against your keyboard (interestingly enough, thats how many classes are played in this game, lol), then yes, by default Soa can be considered one of the "bigger things" since it is the final boss in your "signature operation."

Not fixing something and not being able to fix something are two entirely different things.

That said, even if there is a small issue that BioWare "can't" fix, there is absolutely no correlation with any given larger issue. That's not how computer programming works. Not only can what appear to be a "small" issue to you actually turn out to be quite large, but sometimes "large" issues are only "large" because they'll take a lot of time and resources to fix, but aren't anywhere near complicated.

The Protect the Shipment quest in Ilum has been broken since beta, and that is a quest that can still be accepted so what does that tell you? I wasted 1 hr trying to get this quest done just to find out it was broken. BW should not have active quests that have not worked since beta! CRACK THE WIP on those engineers.

Another post asking questions as though they haven't already been answered and complaining about bugs as though BW hasn't already said "this fix is coming in 1.2" or "we'er working on it as a top priority"? I swear it's either ADHD or you guys literally eat lead paints chips.

Another post asking questions as though they haven't already been answered and complaining about bugs as though BW hasn't already said "this fix is coming in 1.2" or "we'er working on it as a top priority"? I swear it's either ADHD or you guys literally eat lead paints chips.

Or neither.

Another post about another post that was posted by another >.>

P.S. How do I paints chips?

Edited by Neoscrilla

my title says it all .... if they cant fix small things ... they def CANT fix the major issues

Tons of bugs have been fixed, big and small. Yes there are still bugs, but clearly they can fix them: It is an issue of resources and priorities. The Devs have clearly explained how they prioritize bug fixing.

I just wish they would get rid of the loading screen pop up period. That thing is driving me nuts, and how the heck did they add new bugs when they are trying fix something?

They are using the Microsoft model of bug management. Fix two, introduce three. This way it can seem like they are working hard on the code so that they can in fact keep their jobs, and keep us paying for fixed content, and promise a bug free game in the near future.

Every now and again they will release a patch that fixed 90% of everything, so that people will stop crying and go "Holey $#$#, they got it together, lets stick around", ya know like "XP and Winders 7".

The above comments were 75% sarcasm, and 24% andictotal, containing 1% truth. Please pick out what pieces fit your version of reality and apply, with the local libation befitting your station and personal preferences. ;)

And your mistake is the presupposition that Bioware can not fix the smaller issues.

The fact that they haven't yet fixed your pet issue(s) does not mean that a) they are not eventually going to and b) are unable to.

More likely is that they have a limited number of programmers capable of working on each task and schedule of things to fix. Small things get pushed back because they are, by definition things with limited impact on the game.

And the scheduling problem is that they have 100 or 200 artists that need to be kept busy with working on the next content expansion which, incidentally, also requires code support for all those nifty new game mechanisms to make the expansion more challenging.

So Bioware has programmers working on the critical issues (crashes and performance). They have programmers working on the big issues that are needed for update 1.2

And if they have time the small issues gets shoehorned in, assuming they have a programmer available who can adress it quickly, because the one thing that Bioware really cannot do is to magic experienced programmers (both with software in general and with the game in particular) out of a hat.

... and from what technical knowledge to you draw your rating of "small" and "major". Are you somehow familiar with the code base ?

Your ignorance is founded in the assumption that what appears small to you is functionally small to the developers. That's just a false inference.

It's possible you are correct ... but it's also quite possible you are not ... you of course have just assumed you are right without all the information. Classic stupid.

Its a honest question ... the small things like your camera zooming in when you go under a bridge but then never zooms back out.

like when we make a group for wz ... is it that hard to let the damn group stay together without having to reinvite?

is it that hard to let us right click a member in our guild to invite or even whisper?

Im sure all of us can go on and on about other minor things that should be fixed and should of been fixed long ago. i'll just leave it with the two small things id like to see fixed ASAP while we wait for the major fixes to take place.

Aren't opinions wonderful? An honest answer ... Problems have been getting fixed, are getting fixed and will continue to get fixed - both large and small. Think follow, farming from a speeder (don't have to manually dismount first any more), LFG parses server wide and not just locally, camera zoom (btw mine auto-zooms back out), ability delay ... I could go on and on. Rest assured the list of things that merely I have noticed pales in comparison to the list of things that I haven't. Your title says nothing except look at me.

"Defend the Shipment" daily quest on Ilum....still borks out with the crates unusable.......nuff said really.

Yes, well, Ilum as a whole is borked beyond ressurection. Fixing one single quest in that mess is low priority compared to that. It comes down to putting the resources to where they will be of best use. Repairing a quest that may well end up on the cutting floor does not seem like a smart way to put a team of programmers to work when they could be working on fixing the whole planet first.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.