Coming in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The changes in 1.2 put the final nail in the coffin for my subscription. You guys and gals dropped a bomb on Star Wars lore. With your inability to put appropriate Crystal Color solutions into place.

Remove the LS / DS restrictions but, if only on the RP servers you should add restrictions that adhere to the traditions during this time period (Sith and blaster shooting classes use red only, etc).

Ability to have a Bounty Hunter Force Choke someone is a joke as well. Why didn't you just unlock skills that don't give someone such a large Force advantage like that? Such as Imperial Agent unlocks a Stealth Generator skill. Or Jedi Consular can unlock your ability to rally your allies with a temporary buff.

You decided the ability for a Trooper to Force Lightning was okay because his dad was a Pureblood Sith Inquisitor? Seems pretty far fetched.

I really think your design team needs to do a better job of customer profiling and reviewing analytic data on your community of players.

/disappointed :(

Dude if you are an Artiface and you make your own crystals there is no restriction I have a sith thats darkside 4 and i have a red and a blue crystal..... check your facts b4 you mouth/foot. You are one of a few brother many people see the advantage and the great potential this holds. Not to mention the ability is gonna be linked to your heroic moments so.... yeah not like you can spam it. Thats what LEGACY is is a FAMILY TREE makes perfect sense. If you cant under stand that go back to WoW and play with your pandas you troll

The Legacy system has never been a "feature". It has been a last name tied to an xp bar with no verified use until now. Anyone who did not plan on having all their characters on one server is punished, anyone who wants to play all of the AC's is punished. Anyone who wants to wants to keep their factions separate is punished. To argue otherwise is denys that people who fall into these groups cannot take full advantage of the system without either changing the way they play the game and/or redoing work they may have already done.

I can roll a Chiss (Imp) on my all Rep server and level it to 50 to unlock a smuggler, but why should I have to when I already have one on another server. Even if they make it so you can buy these unlocks, they will be mils of credits which is just another form of grind, replacing a grind that I have already done.

So basically what you are saying is that you did ABSOLUTELY ZERO investigation into Legacy system b4 you started making characters on a half dozen servers.....I am sorry i can feel your pain, however that pain sounds like was primarily brought on by your own ignorance. But there is a more practical way of cureing this, and that is to add more character slots to a server and then once server transfers are allowed boom there ya go you can get all your toons under one legacy. Further more however you look at it, your not being punished for having seperate servers you are just not rewarded.....sooooo when you look at it that way your not losing anything. Plus it sounds like even if they didnt do anything with the legacy syster you were going to have multiple servers anyways so why are you so upset that they did something with them?

Dude if you are an Artiface and you make your own crystals there is no restriction I have a sith thats darkside 4 and i have a red and a blue crystal..... check your facts b4 you mouth/foot. You are one of a few brother many people see the advantage and the great potential this holds. Not to mention the ability is gonna be linked to your heroic moments so.... yeah not like you can spam it. Thats what LEGACY is is a FAMILY TREE makes perfect sense. If you cant under stand that go back to WoW and play with your pandas you troll

Actually prior to 1.1.5 there was a restriction on crafted crystals, I have an artifice and this was one of my biggest pet peeves, B/G crystal crafting was pointless to me other than to grind up Artifice.

Maybe this guy should play through the SW story,

the warrior turns a Jedi Master and his padawan (your third combat companion) to the dark side.

Allegiance is fluid, but history remains, why not be able to use it in RP?

So basically what you are saying is that you did ABSOLUTELY ZERO investigation into Legacy system b4 you started making characters on a half dozen servers.....I am sorry i can feel your pain, however that pain sounds like was primarily brought on by your own ignorance. But there is a more practical way of cureing this, and that is to add more character slots to a server and then once server transfers are allowed boom there ya go you can get all your toons under one legacy. Further more however you look at it, your not being punished for having seperate servers you are just not rewarded.....sooooo when you look at it that way your not losing anything. Plus it sounds like even if they didnt do anything with the legacy syster you were going to have multiple servers anyways so why are you so upset that they did something with them?

I think this guy did zero investigation as to what a MMO is prior to this...

I do not feel his pain, I have been playing MMO's for the last 15 years and what he wants is not done due to catastrophic effects it generates. I have told him numerous times and he just does not want to listen, he would prefer to complain about not getting rewards without going through the effort.

He is going to answer you like this~

"But my characters are in those servers because of guilding, if I transfer them to build legacy and get rewards I will lose them in the server they are on, I am still punished."

Long story short, he does not play the game, he works at it, by his own admission and therefore he has no impetus to play for enjoyment, he plays like it is work.

I personally have an issue with the amount of enjoyment I get from this game, I do so much side quests that I end up overshooting my class quests. Of course the side effect is my affection is ridiculously high with all my companions. I am almost maxed out with all of them, but it is a bummer to wade through Act I end crawl with no risk of death...

The changes in 1.2 put the final nail in the coffin for my subscription. You guys and gals dropped a bomb on Star Wars lore. With your inability to put appropriate Crystal Color solutions into place.

Remove the LS / DS restrictions but, if only on the RP servers you should add restrictions that adhere to the traditions during this time period (Sith and blaster shooting classes use red only, etc).

Ability to have a Bounty Hunter Force Choke someone is a joke as well. Why didn't you just unlock skills that don't give someone such a large Force advantage like that? Such as Imperial Agent unlocks a Stealth Generator skill. Or Jedi Consular can unlock your ability to rally your allies with a temporary buff.

You decided the ability for a Trooper to Force Lightning was okay because his dad was a Pureblood Sith Inquisitor? Seems pretty far fetched.

I really think your design team needs to do a better job of customer profiling and reviewing analytic data on your community of players.

/disappointed :(

Everyone has their say, however... are you saying you have more customer profiling power? I want to confirm, you are disappointed in their research, however have you done research in to the level of research they have done?

You seem angry, or upset, but your response really only speaks for you, and has very little going for it.

That's cool. Let me know when that game based on actual Star Wars lore and set around the Old Republic era comes out. Because... ya... this isn't it. :cool:

Grand Jedi Master who is a Sith Pureblood, is fully 10000 / 10000 Light Side and wields a red lightsaber crystal (though not affiliated with the Sith)... and occasionally Force Lightning's which is fueled by Dark Side energy.

Hmm... yeah... as I said.

Dude, seriously! it is all *%$&ing make believe anyway. There is no reality here and certianly no "actual" anything. Get out of the basement and look at the real sun once a day or something. :-)

Dude, seriously! it is all *%$&ing make believe anyway. There is no reality here and certianly no "actual" anything. Get out of the basement and look at the real sun once a day or something. :-)

And a Remedial English class for old DarthWhinypants over there might be a good idea too.

Ok, so can someone explain why all the Bounty Hunter gear (pvp and pve) looks like someone made the armor from a garbage heap? The Trooper gear looks cool as f'k.. I swear, every MMO the character I play the gear looks retarded... every time.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Would you mind showing us some examples of this phenomenon?

Edited by KiraHalcyon

That's cool. Let me know when that game based on actual Star Wars lore and set around the Old Republic era comes out. Because... ya... this isn't it. :cool:

Grand Jedi Master who is a Sith Pureblood, is fully 10000 / 10000 Light Side and wields a red lightsaber crystal (though not affiliated with the Sith)... and occasionally Force Lightning's which is fueled by Dark Side energy.

If that's seriously the reason you're not going to play this game, out of all the ways this game fails to deliver, have fun dying alone: you are unprecedented levels of picky.

Actually, the LEgacey System has existed since 1-2 builds of beta before early access/launch! Which has been my main gripe. The core of the system, beyond just 'you gain levels in it' should have been implimented *at* launch. Or just not even implimented at all, untill launch.

And then instead of whining cause you could get Legacy lvls but couldn't do anything with it til 1.2 hits live, you'd be whining cause you have to start from Legacy lvl 1 at 1.2...

Whining no matter what's done...

I am very happy with the way it was done, cause I got my Legacy lvls while leveling my chars, and will use those now... but again, my 12 years old are way behind.

Edited by Ashmodee

Um ok...so have you seen the centurion/champion pvp gear? Enough said. Take a close look at it.

I have seen those, and agree that they don't look all that good.

That's just one game, though--you said this has happened to you in any MMO you've played.

I'd like to see some of your previous examples, as well, if you have the screenshots. :)

Um ok...so have you seen the centurion/champion pvp gear? Enough said. Take a close look at it.

I have seen those, and agree that they don't look all that good.

That's just one game, though--you said this has happened to you in any MMO you've played.

I'd like to see some of your previous examples, as well, if you have the screenshots. :)

It's all subjective. I happen to like a lot of the new gear and sets, including BH.

Besides, that's why there is orange and purple gear in the game (going to be fully moddable with set bonus transfers). Don't like the new gear? So what? Get the gear for the stats, rip 'em out, and put 'em in what you like.

There will never be a reason to wear something you don't like in this game.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

man i really wish we could grow a Tauntaun so u could raise it to be compaion or use it as a vehicle

(‾|‾||‾|‾|‾|‾||‾‾╲████████████████████████████████)

Edited by IKILLYOUFOOL

If anyone's curious about the ABSOLUTELY EPIC music after 54 seconds into the vid (just about the end of the Lost Islands preview) it's taken from parts of a soundtrack called "Titan Dune" from a most epic composer-group called Two Steps From Hell. (My fav musicians EVER). I just thought they deserved some credit for making this trailer 10x better just because of that.

Oh, and epic update still. The music just enhanced it all :D TSFH Forevah <3

Sure man, the force wasn't limited to farmers or slaves they were just impressionable easy recruits... lol It is people like you, that feel safe in your room where nothing changes...

It's all subjective. I happen to like a lot of the new gear and sets, including BH.

Besides, that's why there is orange and purple gear in the game (going to be fully moddable with set bonus transfers). Don't like the new gear? So what? Get the gear for the stats, rip 'em out, and put 'em in what you like.

There will never be a reason to wear something you don't like in this game.

You can't rip out the expertise, so I don't have a choice for PVP.

OK thru all these posts ive gruelingly read thru, ive seen 20% positive energy and 80% negative, this is a historical MMO "IN PROGRESS!" If u want conformity go play with the panda bears in WoW! If u want comfort, fluff the panda bears in WoW, if all yer here to do is criticise Biowares exceptional job at this epic star wars game go play alliance and troll the chat channels in WoW! :wea_03:

No one is forcing you to do anything, the choice you want has a requirement, in short, live with it...

This is not an invention of this MMO, all MMO's are like this, benefits are server limited, for the above mentioned reasons.

Bull. WoW BoA gear, and CoH Account wide Epic Archetypes. Try pulling your head out.

By your logic anyone who did not plan for the features of new races and made 20 dudes is punished because they do not get more character slots for new race characters...

No, he is stating fact. The legacy system was designed to encourage people to make and play alts. By restricting the race unlocks, and other benefits to a single server, they are both encouraging players to fill a server with alts, then later punishing them for doing so.

As far as redoing work you already done:

If you view playing a game as work you may benefit from a hobby.

Yes... Because a story based game like TOR couldn't POSSIBLY get tedious playing through the same exact story 4 or 5 times...

That isn't how you play a game... That's how you playtest a game... Playtesters GET PAID for what they do because replaying the same material over and over is WORK.

If you took wow vanilla raiding and compated it with loot dropping in this game, then the very first boss in moltore core should drop about 30-40 prices of gear.

So unbelivable they made so many HUGE mistakes when it comes to raiding in SWTOR.

Go back to WoW... We don't want your weeks of pointless grinding here... Or by your logic, go back to EQ. Get together 39 friends, and have someone ninja the one drop that all of you spent hours working for. Enjoy that grind...