The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harpoon bugged?

ComeAndSee

I did notice grapple takes about a half second to engage which is why if you move they won't land where you actually hit the button. If they run out of range in that time frame then it will show the grapple but nothing happens. But that is the only issue I have found.

My experiences thus far:

1.) Same as OP, I click it on someone with 0 resolve and they don't budge (not a vanguard or shadow w/ "hold the line" or equivalent). :confused:

2.) During Hutball, I jump in poison pool, harpoon someone and they magically fly up and land on the elevated ramp above the pool? :mad:

3.) During Hutball, I harpoon in mid air whilst jumping off a ledge to pull the ball carrier down with me and instead of being harpooned down with me, they land just on the edge of the ledge where I jumped from. :(

I would say it works 4 out of 5 times so its not entirely fail, but could use a tweak or two to correct situations like these.

Is Harpoon buggy for anyone else? I had about six times yesterday where I would pull somebody who was at 0 resolve and they wouldn't get pulled? No, they weren't all Shadows with their immune skill.

I've had harpoon "miss." The "miss" message is really tiny and easy to, erm... miss.

My experiences thus far:

1.) Same as OP, I click it on someone with 0 resolve and they don't budge (not a vanguard or shadow w/ "hold the line" or equivalent). :confused:

2.) During Hutball, I jump in poison pool, harpoon someone and they magically fly up and land on the elevated ramp above the pool? :mad:

3.) During Hutball, I harpoon in mid air whilst jumping off a ledge to pull the ball carrier down with me and instead of being harpooned down with me, they land just on the edge of the ledge where I jumped from. :(

I would say it works 4 out of 5 times so its not entirely fail, but could use a tweak or two to correct situations like these.

Yeah, all of this stuff is really annoying. Especially the one where the guy lands on a platform above you making it easier for them to score.

My experiences thus far:

Trying not moving for a half second after cast or make sure .5 seconds after you hit the button that is where you want target, it takes time to "activate" the grab and change their location.

The landing on the platforms is do to SWTOR using an actual flight path on the target's "trip" so if you pull someone and run around a pillar instantly, you can make them bang the pillar instead of you. It can be an advantage as you can get on a ledge and pull someone to you getting the ledge in the way of their feet. It makes them drop off instead of land on top of you. Generally they would land right where your farthest out hand is on your toon.... not your gun.

Edited by the_coaltrain

the other thing is you have to have clear line of site, from the time you hit it, to the time it hits them.

If they move to a spot where there foot is covered by something, it wont pull them.

real pain in the butt.

the other thing is you have to have clear line of site, from the time you hit it, to the time it hits them.

If they move to a spot where there foot is covered by something, it wont pull them.

real pain in the butt.

OK that just tee's me off. Cause Snipers can lock on you, and even if you have jumped down a level and out of sight the f'er will still hit you. If they can shoot around stuff our harpoon should work the same way.

I have the same problem with the jump off the ledge move. Really f-ing annoying. I can be right next to the ramp, jump, harpoon, and the guy gets pulled onto the ledge. Which of course makes you look like an a**....

terrain is definitely an issue. I have cast grapple - its in the air flying at them - but they round a corner. The get pulled, but the corner stops the pull. Also, If the enemy is on a ramp above you (or just higher up in general) the grapple arc seems to start at their level. So if there is a walkway in between, they can end up landing on that.

• 4 years later...