Why do people hate the capes?

Nexdine

Capes are awesome. Many Star Wars characters use capes and cloaks. Lando Calrissian qualifies as a smuggler-class character and he was caped. Darth Vader wore a black cloak too. When playing a Sith Inquisitor, I always lamented the fact that there were no cool capes for them, just stupid bits sticking out in various places.

And smugglers get cool capes and people complain? Have you guys SEEN what the light-armor wearing classes have to deal with?

I for one love the cape look. Bring on more capes, I say.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No capes!

Do you remember Thunderhead? tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids

November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when.. his cape snagged on a missle fin!

Stratogale! April 23rd, '57! Cape caught in jet turbine!

Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a Vortex!

No capes!

No capes!

November 15th of '58! All was well, another day saved, when.. his cape snagged on a missle fin!

Metaman, express elevator! Dynaguy, snagged on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a Vortex!

No capes!

+1 internets for you. I love the Incredibles.

No capes!

No capes!

you just made my day. THANK YOU!!

No capes!

No capes!

Well same should go for dusters, NO MORE BROWNCOATS :p

Capes glitch through mounts and taxis. Capes are for superheroes, not smugglers. Remember how Han Solo looks? THAT'S how a smuggler is supposed to look, THAT'S how I want to look ingame.

Luckily orange gear will become way more useful in the future, so we can look almost however we want! :D

Edited by AngelAbove

The other thing is, Lando was wearing the cape to be flashy as person in charge of Bespin. He wasa figurehead and the cape was a tool to underline his standing.

Smugglers actively doing the actual smuggling and all the heroics we do, would be wearing something practical - possibly flashy, but always practical.

i want my smuggler to look like an outlaw.

Cool hats (not beer can hat), scarf on my face, duster , matrix style trench coat, heavy leather boots , cool gunslinger belt, steel or spiked knuckle plated glove for punching, goggles etc. all that kind of stuff (perhaps not all at the same time).

This is my fantasy for me. I wielding a single revolver and i use a bad *** shotgun that i spin around to load a deadly bullet. I am the prince of the underworld . The cape make me look like an Alderan noble, which i hated.

But as someone else said, the kind of overlap at the base of the neck is too much and perhaps always having tight pants kill it for me.

But hey, i love shotgun...

Its a matter of taste, if you like capes go for it. Personally I hate the look. I'm glad I'll be able to put the colomi mods/etc into orange gear.

Love the Incredibles reference. Was gonna do that myself but you beat me to it.

One, complaining about lack of light armor availability is ridiculous when you have the entirety of the social armor collection to modify and wear. Much of which has capes so look for it rather than lamenting.

Two, capes are silly and overly theatrical. Even lando ditched his as soon as he stopped pretending to be a politician. I am vastly disappointed with much of the smugglers wearable gear and will likely never change from the gunslingers basic jacket I've worn for nearly 40 levels now because I'm not a fan of looking like a priss just off a chorus line.

Its a matter of taste, if you like capes go for it. Personally I hate the look. I'm glad I'll be able to put the colomi mods/etc into orange gear.

Love the Incredibles reference. Was gonna do that myself but you beat me to it.

I agree.

Personaly HATE capes on my smuggler (love the "Han Vest" look).

But then again, I love putting Risha in an outfit with a Cape.

So capes for me = no.

Cape OPTIONS = yes!

PS: Love the incredibles reference too :D

PPS Qyzen (Consular starter companion) looks good in a cape too! Just swap out the STR mods with AIM mods.

Edited by Jerid

I'm playing my Gunslinger as more of a refined guy at heart who's trying to make his way up in the world, so rocking the cape to look instantly huggable to the wealthy lords and such you encounter just makes good sense. ;) Elegance and breeding - with guns.

The rest of you can look like broke desperados. :D

I'm playing my Gunslinger as more of a refined guy at heart who's trying to make his way up in the world, so rocking the cape to look instantly huggable to the wealthy lords and such you encounter just makes good sense. ;) Elegance and breeding - with guns.

The rest of you can look like broke desperados. :D

space cowboys > elegance everytime for me.

I want to be Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I want to be Han Solo

I want to be Vash the Stampede

I also want to be spike spiegal.

Not some noble priss

Capes are awesome. Many Star Wars characters use capes and cloaks. Lando Calrissian qualifies as a smuggler-class character and he was caped. Darth Vader wore a black cloak too. When playing a Sith Inquisitor, I always lamented the fact that there were no cool capes for them, just stupid bits sticking out in various places.

And smugglers get cool capes and people complain? Have you guys SEEN what the light-armor wearing classes have to deal with?

I for one love the cape look. Bring on more capes, I say.

I hate the cape because I want to look like the High Plains Drifter, but I actually look like Zorro, the Gay Blade.

No capes!

Yeah zorro came to my mind when i first saw my pvp gear...

The freaking stuupid boots and and the damn white champ gloves...*** were they thinking.

Luckily 1.2 on way and evry gunslinger, especially males should get their slave girls outfit and mod it away.

Edited by Deesasther

space cowboys > elegance everytime for me.

I want to be Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I want to be Han Solo

I want to be Vash the Stampede

I also want to be spike spiegal.

Not some noble priss

You want to be Vash? You want to be a crazy guy that giggles insanely at everything?

Wait... you must play a scoundrel!

I'm not a big fan of the capes either. I want my smuggler to look like this but instead he comes across like this.

It's just not what I had in mind for my slinger when I made him. For me my guy should look like your average joe so that he can actually, ya know, smuggle stuff. Pretty hard to inconspicuously take goods through customs when you're wearing a hat that conceals half your face, a big swishing cape and thigh high boots. I don't mind if my armour isn't very armour looking, after all aren't smugglers about the sneaky side of things with the fire fights being the go to place when it's that or be arrested? I'm happy enough with just some plain looking clothes.