This is all there is? This is nothing but a boring gear grind.

MrHemlocks

The only thing to do after 50 is WZ for gear. Endless hours spent in WZs just for gear grinding. What makes it worse is I am on a PvP server and now open world PvP is also meaningless and dead.

Just how long do the Devs expect players to stay with a game with the end game being so boring and pointless?

The answer is Tera Online and GW2:D

Edited by MrHemlocks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like pvp why do you pvp? Pvp players like to fight other players for hours on end day after day.

he likes pvp but there is NO pvp. don't call this 3 wz, where 90% of the players are in only for gear grinding and not for winning, pvp!

this game has no pvp. pvp is non existant. and due to far to small player capacity of the servers it is even impossible that there is a player driven open world pvp.

Have you ever considered PvPing for fun and to relax?

actually if yuo read his post you would understand that he wants exactly this. warzones are no fun with 90% people doing it only for the gear and not carring about winning and tactics.

and there is nothing beside of these 3 bad warzones.

The only thing to do after 50 is WZ for gear. Endless hours spent in WZs just for gear grinding. What makes it worse is I am on a PvP server and now open world PvP is also meaningless and dead.

Just how long do the Devs expect players to stay with a game with the end game being so boring and pointless?

I'm curious to what you imagine would exist at level 50. At every game at end level there is just some sort of grind as incentive.

actually if yuo read his post you would understand that he wants exactly this. warzones are no fun with 90% people doing it only for the gear and not carring about winning and tactics.

Why are there 3 bad warzones? What makes them bad?

Also Ilum exists.

You'll see that the common reason here is "no fun pvp" as you say is due to the player community. I'm curious what you expect BW to do about players being players.

MMORPG - Masssive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game

game 1 (gm)

n.

1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.

If you don't find TOR to be providing you entertainment or amusement, why are you playing it? It doesn't matter what the incentives are; if you don't enjoy the PvP anyway, then you're still not going to enjoy it when you get shiny's for it.

Go find a game you like.

Why are there 3 bad warzones? What makes them bad?

actually i apologies for provoking an offtopic discussion with my adjective "bad".

Also Ilum exists.

you are kidding?!?

illum is dead 99% of the time on most server if not all. you only get illum a bit alive when once a day for the daily.

You'll see that the common reason here is "no fun pvp" as you say is due to the player community. I'm curious what you expect BW to do about players being players.

no, it actually is only a part of the problem.

the main reason is a technicall one.

you cannot expect to find enough players that share your definition of fun for open world pvp, wz, pvp during leveling, flash points, operations etc. when on good times you have around only 400 player in TOTAL on one server.

you can't expect to have open pvp during leveling, what actually is the reason why somebody has chosen a pvp server, when you most of the time have only 10 players of each faction on the whole planet.

people are wating hours to get 4 players together for a flashpoint

the servers have far too low players. if there would be more, far more players on them it would be not such an issue to find other with same interests at any time.

I'm curious what you expect BW to do about players being players.

at least tripple the amount of players per server. AT LEAST triple!

during questing i was always on the look for opponents... i think i met 6 during my way 1...50 on my first char. most of the quest of the two factions are at disjoint places even at higher levels. and most of the time there weren't more than 10 players of each faction on a planet.

and i am on one of the heavy crowded servers.

when i got 50 i was on illum. doing the quests there and looking around for enemies. i met 5 in 4 days. now i do not even waste the time anymore to go there, because it is boring.

instead i'm leveling other chars, because leveling and the story during that is the only fun here. i still miss what actually is the purpose of a PVP SERVER, meeting players of the enemy faction during leveling.

this game has no PVP! and will never get some if they do not drastically increase the number of players per server.

the only kind of pvp that is currently possible are ranked warzones and arenas. actually i hope for small grp arenas, 2on2, 3on3. this would be the only thing that on this technically failing server would be viable pvp.

Edited by me_unknown

Can't you just ignore the 90% ?

The number of warzones isn't a problem as the system shuffles you original combinations of players to play against. Yes more WZs are good, but ultimately you will still PvP in them.

Can't you just ignore the 90% ?

how?

how could i ignore them when i am with them in a warzone? and warzone is a pure team game. tell me how do you ignore that?

i can ignore them as soon as we get arenas. then i can go out find a few players that share my definition of pvp and join them into a arena grp and start pvping.

i know, as explained above, due to stupid techincal limitations that i never will see what i had in wow, open world pvp during leveling, or at max level. in wow there were enough players on a realm to find to attack a lower village, provoking the opposite faction coming over to defend it.

go find 30 players doing this with you only have around 100 players ideling at the fleet in best times.

the population of the servers are far too low. i mean, i never thought that i give up doing flashpoint from time to time because i can't find 3 other people for it in 2h. even for DDs i see grps wating hours.

edit: forgive me my wow comparision. swtor does many things in a new fresh way. and i feeel sad for the failures that seem to break the neck of this game. but the biggest issue this game has, are too few players per server.

Edited by me_unknown

I spend hours enjoying pvp.

If you don't enjoy it then why grind for the gear? Once you have it you will be well geared in a game that you don't enjoy?

Or, you know, you could play for fun...

also titles, mounts, outfits, OPS/Flashpoints, illum (i know it sucks, but its still an option), or just gank people on tat.

I'm curious to what you imagine would exist at level 50. At every game at end level there is just some sort of grind as incentive.

Wonder no more....for in Dark Age of Camelot reaching 50 was not the end game but a fun PvP experiance.

There is always a carrot and how far to dangle it in front of the player is always subjective.

You want a grind then check out the original wow honor system where every Tuesday the list of top players for honor gain was updated on the website so you spammed f5 to see if you'd gained a rank and access to better gear.

I'd agree that you need to find something you like. Join a pve raiding guild for the pve experience and try running with a group of friends.

Nothing takes the sting out of a loss then a couple of other guildmates on mumble.

i literally lol'd at Tera Online

he likes pvp but there is NO pvp. don't call this 3 wz, where 90% of the players are in only for gear grinding and not for winning, pvp!

this game has no pvp. pvp is non existant. and due to far to small player capacity of the servers it is even impossible that there is a player driven open world pvp.

90% of players don't medal farm. That's just what you do...because you are probably really bad.

We actually play to win, you should try that sometime.

Yes.....thinking you are going to a game (gw2) with the same gear system and think it will be different....seriously

90% of players don't medal farm. That's just what you do...because you are probably really bad.

We actually play to win, you should try that sometime.

Yes.....thinking you are going to a game (gw2) with the same gear system and think it will be different....seriously

you are wrong. 90% of players are actually only farming for the gear. when the wz starts and it doesn't play well from the beginning they immediately give up and that's it.

this is what in most wz is happening. most people here are not doing pvp, most are farming gear in pvp warzones!

Yup thats it pretty much. I pretty much already quit. Valor 59 now and meh i simply dont have much fun anymore. The WZ's suck. Huttball only decent one...Alderaan okay i suppose but voidstar just fail.

For a matter of fact last time i logged in was like a week ago?

And yeah a total lack of open world pvp. There are just no goals...Meh the game is going down they already started the 7 day free trials.

Edited by vortexdr