Please make all legacy perks available to existing characters.

Caydnn

I am here to voice my concerns regarding new character only legacy content. I am fine with being given reasons to make alternate characters. But I am not fine with being given reasons to remake existing ones that I have put time and in game money into.

I have OCD, if there is a new character creation only option and it is something I wanted to do with my character when I made them in the first place, my OCD will make me delete a high level character just to change one aspect about them.

I am not saying that we should be able to change races and everything at random. But even if it costs 50 US dollars, I want the option to not have to start over. I think it would be fair to give that option even if it was a cash option, for people like me.

There are other people who have put lots of time and money into their characters more than I have who feel the same way. People will be very upset and feel like these new additions are less a reward and more a chore. Please don't make that mistake.

Edited by Caydnn

I am here to voice my concerns regarding new character only legacy content. I am fine with being given reasons to make alternate characters. But I am not fine with being given reasons to remake existing ones that I have put time and in game money into.

I have OCD, if there is a new character creation only option and it is something I wanted to do with my character when I made them in the first place, my OCD will make me delete a high level character just to change one aspect about them.

I am not saying that we should be able to change races and everything at random. But even if it costs 50 US dollars, I want the option to not have to start over. I think it would be fair to give that option even if it was a cash option, for people like me.

There are other people who have put lots of time and money into their characters more than I have who feel the same way. People will be very upset and feel like these new additions are less a reward and more a chore. Please don't make that mistake.

I agree if their main selling point is to get people to make endless alts you can kiss this game good bye.

Nice to know there are other's who know what its like to have that nagging at the back of your head stopping you from enjoying something you have put so much time and thought into just cause of "little" issues like this. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Edited by DarthTrucido

Agreed! I'm a Altoholic. I freely admit that. I couldn't wait for a Legacy System that had some mysterious features that would be created at some time in the future... I rolled alts already. I have to play every class to find out which one I like. I put a lot of thought, time, money and energy into each of my alts. On an RP server, I also have many back stories developed that I just don't want to scrap because the legacy system features aren't available to them. Creating alts for the sake of creating alts isn't a very good way to run a game ... but allowing your players to enjoy their alts to the fullest would be GREAT. Don't penalize me and my fellow Altoholics because we jumped in with both feet and not only have high level mains but high level alts as well. :(

With luck, they may add in a species change option in the future. I know folks aren't always happy about MTs, but it's about the only way to make species available for current characters without giving a "Choose your species" options upon 1.2 Log-in.

They did say you wont be able to change your race of a current character. That would therefor mean that not all unlocks are retroactive.

In the writer's defense, race swapping is not an unlockable feature. Unlocking races, however, is. Other perks such as Level 1 Sprint will be considered retroactive.

Edited by xGBox

I just don't like that I wanted to make a shadow who was the "cyborg race" from the start and now the only way I will be able to do so since I made my shadow already as a human, is to roll another character, level him to 50 as a cyborg, then re roll my shadow.

:EDIT:

Like no one in Star Wars has had mechanical additions after birth. Right? *Cough* Luke *Cough* Luke's Dad.

Edited by Caydnn

Yeah, this makes me very unhappy because I too really like the idea of race options for my toons but I already have 2 50's and a third one almost done as well. Now I'm being penalized because I played a lot and supported the game. Theres no way I'm rerolling a level 50 sorc just to change her race but I would love, for continuity in the family tree, to change her race. I would really like the option to alter my current toons races once to take full advantage of this amazing option. Otherwise I'm really not gaining in the same way someone who only played one toon will. Basically because I got into multiple betas and prerelease I'm penalized for leveling fast and gearing up quick. Not angry but this is just another disappointment in the list of many I've had so far. Guess we'll see what happens.

is a major altaholic lol. i have 6 50's already leaving two at around level 10 to delete later. its one of the reasons the question about opeing up more character slots came to light. Fastest way for legacy exp is quest exp. one of the best ways to get quest exp. make alts. Its a catch 22.

Well I hope that if we all tell bioware how we feel and they see how many people will be upset about this, that they will consider an option even if it is difficult and costly, to be able to change your existing character's race. I would pay cash for it.

I would also be willing to pay for species change, I have all 8 slots filled, I just feel that the people this most affects, the serious altoholics, seem to be the EXACT target audience for the legacy system, yet they decide to punish us for not sticking to their development schedule.

Did I read this correctly?...Legacy perks are for new characters only???...wth...I'm level 17 in legacy BECAUSE they said we will reap the benefits when they put it in effect...I already have maxed alts on the server, no way will I level new toons or delete to make new ones to benefit what we worked to get...what a waste...WoW is starting to look good again...sorry to sound a bit negative, but man...even Dual Spec isn't really dual spec..should be dual spec in advance class not in same advanced class..who wants to be a dps or umm.. dps ...or in my case Jedi Guardian Tank or Bad Guardian dps...lol..works good for dps/ healers...but maybe I'd like to tank on my Bounty Hunter...well, I guess we need to give them time to sort this out.

Did I read this correctly?...Legacy perks are for new characters only???...wth...I'm level 17 in legacy BECAUSE they said we will reap the benefits when they put it in effect...I already have maxed alts on the server, no way will I level new toons or delete to make new ones to benefit what we worked to get...what a waste...WoW is starting to look good again...sorry to sound a bit negative, but man...even Dual Spec isn't really dual spec..should be dual spec in advance class not in same advanced class..who wants to be a dps or umm.. dps ...or in my case Jedi Guardian Tank or Bad Guardian dps...lol..works good for dps/ healers...but maybe I'd like to tank on my Bounty Hunter...well, I guess we need to give them time to sort this out.

Just the unlocked races are for new characters only. But that bothers me as is. I wanted a cyborg jedi guardian and shadow at launch.

Nice to know there are other's who know what its like to have that nagging at the back of your head stopping you from enjoying something you have put so much time and thought into just cause of "little" issues like this. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Agreed. I'm the same way.

They said only the races would require new characters but what about the new customization options that are unlocked by taking a race to 50 for example (all 4 cyborg look options). Will you have to re roll just to change your look also? Some people want to use the new look options and race options on existing end game characters. Some people like myself have OCD and will have it nagging at them until they re roll and make it look the way they want to.

What is the harm in allowing us to make the change after creation. I mean, I plan on playing all 8 classes. But I have to re roll existing classes to use some of the legacy features.

This really takes the wind out of my sails so to speak that I had while leveling my shadow and now I have to roll a cyborg agent to have him the way I wanted at launch. Even though Luke was a Jedi and had a mechanical hand. Now I am frustrated and am having trouble even feeling like playing any of my characters because I don't know what is going to be changed and what will require a re roll. This whole legacy thing has so far made me more irritated than happy with the time I have put in. As if I should have not played until it was added even though I got access on dec 13th.

is a major altaholic lol. i have 6 50's already leaving two at around level 10 to delete later. its one of the reasons the question about opeing up more character slots came to light. Fastest way for legacy exp is quest exp. one of the best ways to get quest exp. make alts. Its a catch 22.

Can you go back to where you already have 6 lvl 50 characters? First off, do you have a job or go to school? That's not a knock, it's a serious question.

I'm just trying to figure out what I did wrong in leveling my 1st class which hit 50 two days ago. I played about 3-4 hours a night since launch aside from a maybe a total of 2.5 weeks for business trips. I know Sentinel leveling is a little slower than other classes so I'm not surprised when I hear about people having two level 50's of like a Consular or Trooper class. But SIX level 50's?! PM me. I want your strategy.

With luck, they may add in a species change option in the future. I know folks aren't always happy about MTs, but it's about the only way to make species available for current characters without giving a "Choose your species" options upon 1.2 Log-in.

Hopefully. They could just vendor it for 1 million credits or whatever, they vendor companion customizations.

All unlocks and perks are retroactive.

ret·ro·ac·tive/ˌretrōˈaktiv/

Adjective:

(esp. of legislation) Taking effect from a date in the past.

Source: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19973-guild-summit-stream-live-blog/page-5?page=5

Actually no. i can not yet change the Race of an existing character. So, if my Mirialan Smuggler is, say 50, and i get a Rattataki in some class that dosnt interest me to 50, i can not change my Smuggler a Rattataki.

But maybe, i wanted a Rattataki Smuggler all the time, and would have WAITED to level a Smuggler at all, would i have known this option is soon around, and leveled a Mirialan Smuggler only cause i didnt know...

Thats why this Perk is NOT Retroactive, as we dont get even a onetime-race reroll.

Sure, what i did before the patch count. And i can now make every class as Mirialan... a fact thats fairly useless to me, as its not what i wanted in the first place.

Edited by Kheldras