White Crystals working against the Legacy System

SilverGriffon

I understand trying to keep the white crystals rare with the huge price tag, and using them to try and flush the economy clean, but since they are bop that really puts people in a bind either this needs to be changed or they should keep the vendor for idk maybe an extra week after patch 1.2 so that the legacy alts can receive the white crystals. For myself I would like to have an imperial Miraluka Assasin wielding a double bladed white lightsaber. But by making the item bop I'm not able to make that combination possible. They are limiting the items from these cool alt combinations that they want people to play as. The only reason this bothers me is because Silver is my favorite color and white is the closest I'm going to get for a long time if ever in this game and I find it rather pointless having white blaster fire I'd rather have it in a lightsaber. I have waited to make my force users for the sole purpose of the new race combinations in the legacy system. I guess if this doesn't change I will have to make a Miraluka on the republic side and make it my only republic alt on my server. I just wish the developers would take this into consideration when making these types of limitations. Overall though I like where the game is going but I just thought I would point this out. I'm not 100% sure how the Legacy system will work since I missed the guild summit, but I really wish the white crystals would not just disappear as soon as the cool legacy system options finally get implemented. At least this will only effect legacy alts from having white crystals, and not a bunch of other items. Edited by SilverGriffon

There will probably be other ways to get them later on. It sounded to me like they're selling them until 1.2 just to get some in the game quickly for those that want them now and can afford them.

I realize that but its still a bit disheartening when you read the following:

"With no new shipments expected for several months, those wealthy enough to afford these crystals may find themselves in possession of a highly sought-after collectable."

Makes you wonder when they will be back? Thought I read some dev say they may not be back but I'm assuming thats to entice ppl to empty there piggy banks.

Not everything in the game is supposed to cater to your alt.

"First thing to do in this town is buy a white crystal."

If anyone can name the game that quote is from, I will shower you with Jawa shaped cookies.

CV 2

Edited by Caelrie

You know in 1.2 you can use bound items across all characters right?...Or at least thats what I am remembering...maybe it was something different.

Well that would be fine with me and I wouldn't care if they didn't come back because I will make sure to have one before patch 1.2.

As to not everything catering to alts I just see it as insufficient timing because when 1.2 hits people are going to role new alts if they haven't to test out the legacy system. So it seems a little contradictory making stuff unavailable to the new alts right when the system is finally put into place. The whole system is to keep people playing and paying for as long as possible. However, I'm sure more rare crystals will be available later.

Well that would be fine with me and I wouldn't care if they didn't come back because I will make sure to have one before patch 1.2.

As to not everything catering to alts I just see it as insufficient timing because when 1.2 hits people are going to role new alts if they haven't to test out the legacy system. So it seems a little contradictory making stuff unavailable to the new alts right when the system is finally put into place. The whole system is to keep people playing and paying for as long as possible. However, I'm sure more rare crystals will be available later.

Farm the money on your 50, give the money to your alt, buy the crystal. You've got over 30 days. Just do your dailies and you can have that money in a week.

But yes, any alt you make after 1.2 is automatically excluded. But I think that's also sort of the point. The developers said they want to reward people who play mains as well as people who play alts, and that means that some rewards will be awfully hard to do with alts.

Edited by Caelrie

Not everything in the game is supposed to cater to your alt.

Originally Posted by JediElf

"First thing to do in this town is buy a white crystal."

If anyone can name the game that quote is from, I will shower you with Jawa shaped cookies.

CV 2

Somebody got it!!

*starts showering Caelrie with Jawa cookies*

:jawa_smile::jawa_biggrin::jawa_smile::jawa_biggrin::jawa_angel:

Edited by JediElf

Farm the money on your 50, give the money to your alt, buy the crystal. You've got over 30 days. Just do your dailies and you can have that money in a week.

But yes, any alt you make after 1.2 is automatically excluded. But I think that's also sort of the point. The developers said they want to reward people who play mains as well as people who play alts, and that means that some rewards will be awfully hard to do with alts.

I understand, I'm only saying this because I would like to have a Miraluka Sith Assassin but I won't be able to get the alt until after the Legacy system happens. Which I would rather spend the 2.5 or 1 mil on the alt I want to make rather than a random force alt just to have the lightsaber, by doing exactly what you just described. I'd rather level up a character I want to make rather than have a random alt just to carry a white lightsaber which isnt worth the million credits. If that makes any sense, I only have blaster wielding toons at the moment so this is why I am saying this. I've waited for the ability to make new race combinations before making a sith toon.

Yeah I'm hopeful that it will be sooner rather than later, I'm sure it will happen and it will most likely be cheaper by waiting. Rather than spending the 2.5 mil however if they would leave the store open for one day or till the next patch I would blow the credits fast on the new legacy alt.

"With no new shipments expected for several months, those wealthy enough to afford these crystals may find themselves in possession of a highly sought-after collectable."

Makes you wonder when they will be back? Thought I read some dev say they may not be back but I'm assuming thats to entice ppl to empty there piggy banks.

Next month's breaking news: "White crystal cave discovered on Ilum! Shipments have flooded the market and the price has now plummeted to 10k per crystal. I really feel sorry for those poor sods who dished out 2.5 mil a month ago! AHAHAHAHA!!"

• 2 weeks later...

They said there would be a way to aquire them in 1.2

I don't understand why it's called a white crystal...I mean I always thought white crystals as power crystals...

It should be a silver crystal, that sounds abit better at least silver is canon used in KOTOR II & by Halcyon/Horn family in the EU, the blade is actually called a Durindfire crystal

Edited by RaithHarth