GTN message kind of worthless now

bigfatdan

Anybody else notice the new GTN purchase message? "Someone has bought something you had on the GTN. You will get the money in an hour." Before today it said who bought your item, which item was bought and how much money you had coming. I reported it as a bug but they said it was working as intended. Not exactly a beneficial change there, devs.

I'd have to agree. I always thought it was kinda stupid to send you an email saying that you were going to get credits in an hour, and then get another email later with the actual credits, lol. Just email me ONCE when I have the credits. Don't make me visit the dam mailbox twice.

But now it's even more pointless.

I think it may be a bug. I got one of those worthless (someone bought some item) with no information in it, but later got a message saying specifically what was bought about a different sold item. Maybe it's because of something that was purchased before the patch but picked up afterwards

This tends to happen due to the item being up for sale when the servers come down for maintenance. Maintenance seems to wipe GTN data.

Every time my husband and I are putting stuff up for sale before the servers come down, we joke 'Hurry up and post it, servers are coming down soon, and I just KNOW that Someone will be buying Something from us!'

Anybody else notice the new GTN purchase message? "Someone has bought something you had on the GTN. You will get the money in an hour." Before today it said who bought your item, which item was bought and how much money you had coming. I reported it as a bug but they said it was working as intended. Not exactly a beneficial change there, devs.

I've seen that happen when selling something on the Neutral trade network on Nar Shadda, and someone from the other faction bought it.