Question about related Synthweaving skills! (Slicing and Underworld?)

prideaux

I am relatively new to the game and have been slowly making my way through this forum and other Crafting FAQs around the place getting my head around how it works... but you can only read so much...

I understand that the best companion choices for Synthweaving are Archeology and Underworld Trading, my question how feasible is it to choose Slicing and Underworld? Im not after profit but fun crafting experience, i liked the sound of discovering new patterns and things like that with Slicing but realise i need the raw materials Archeology would supply. I guess with slicing you earn enough to buy those materials?

Has anyone else chosen this combo and found it work or not? Naturally im all for learning by trial and error but there is no use reinventing the wheel if others have done before :)

The problem as I see it is that you will be 100% reliant on the GTN for your primary source of material required for your Synthweaving if you don't pick up Archeology. Sure Slicing may make you some money but I know when I am crafting I HATE being reliant on the GTN 100% for something because on my server the GTN rarely seems ot have what I am looking for (maybe if you were on a high population server with a ton of crafters selling materials you owuld be okay).

Also as an example I just got my Slicing up to level 200 on a level 10 I am running all missions and so far I am just breaking even. Unless I just went to world spawns and stopped running missions I am sure I will continue this streak.

If you don't mind this reliance and arep lanning on more than just mission running you will porbably be able ot turn a profit that yu can then put towards the raw mats that Synthweaving will require.

You might eventually earn enough with Slicing to buy Archaeology materials, but you'd need to have it maxed first and sell all the bonus 300 and 340 mission discoveries on the GTN.

This would mean leaving Synthweaving almost completely alone until well after you maxed Slicing - certainly possible, but I'm guessing it would be pretty frustrating. Slicing just doesn't earn enough while leveling it to support another crew skill.

I don't recommend it.

Also, slicing doesn't find synthweaving schematics, it only finds cybertech schematics. (it does find missions for the various other mission/gathering skills though)

My suggestion would be arch/synth/UT

And then if you really like slicing, an alt that does slice/scavenge/cybertech.

It would really depend on the population of your server and the amount of goods on the GTN. Some people do not sell the Arch loots cause they use them. Like other have said, I run an alt who does cyber/scavenge/slicing and xfer money to my main for schematic purchases off the GTN.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.