Legacy System now DEMANDS 16 char slots per server

Kurin

Really they should just make some Legacy abilities Account wide, like Race unlock, hell even perks, I have 1 server with 5 Imps 50, 45, 33, 32, 11 and Repub with 4 40, 32, 12, 8. This could help kill two birds with one stone. Character slots and Server populations, people will be encouraged to roll on more than one server, so High Pop dont get higher while low say low.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be bad idea, but would server lag go up?

Nah, it shouldn't. You can still only play one at a time. And it's not like people would make twice as many characters! You can still only play the same amount, so the space required in a db to store your info wouldn't add to the overhead which could cause lag.

You don't have to play all 16 ACs since they are basically copies of each other.

1. Make one of each class

2. Play an AC of each class' opposite faction

Example: one Jedi Guardian and one Sith Maurader, one republic Vanguard and one imperial Mercenary...and so on.

Sure

Did your searching for you ;)

I only mentioned the significant ones, lower than 15 I have another 4 Rep and Emp toons, those I made to play with a friend, my kids, or failed experiments ;)

We know why they did 8, because wow did 8 :D

But WoW doesn't have legacy. They have DK, but that is only 1 extra slot you need, legacy really makes you want to have all your toons on one server.

If we could link two servers together . . . . as opposed to it being system wide, that would be cool :)

1. Thanks...

2. I'm still trying to understand if you got 4 empire & 4 republic on one server to make up your 8 characters or 8 republic on one server to make up your 8 characters.

3. WoW was always 10 and havn't given any more slots per server.

Gimme 12.

1. One of each AC on one faction
  2. One of each class on the other

Also, you need at least 10:

1. One of each class Republic for unlocks
  2. One of each class Imperial for unlocks
  3. 6 on one faction for all crafts.

You know they are intending to allow cross faction mails to your own characters? So you don't need 6 on each side to cover all the crew skills. You'll be able to mail mats, money and items crafted from one faction to the other.

Edited by DarthKhaos

You know they are intending to allow cross faction mails to your own characters? So you don't need 6 on each side to cover all the crew skills. You'll be able to mail mats, money and items crafted from one faction to the other.

I'll beleive it when I see it.

Well. The legacy system gives great incentive to level alts on the same server, and I am already maxed out at my server. I will need more slots to make use of it.

Same, on my main server I have my 8 Imperials, and on my 2nd server I have my 8 Republics.

It's not a multi server legacy, so there must be 12 - 16 character slots per server.

I will not delete my characters, nor should others who have also already used the 8 character spots be forced to.

Gimme 12.

1. One of each AC on one faction
  2. One of each class on the other

Also, you need at least 10:

1. One of each class Republic for unlocks
  2. One of each class Imperial for unlocks
  3. 6 on one faction for all crafts.

As far as crafts go, why would you just have few gather mules and a few crafting characters? 2 of your characters could have all 6 crafting and the other characters can just be for getting mats.

As far as crafts go, why would you just have few gather mules and a few crafting characters? 2 of your characters could have all 6 crafting and the other characters can just be for getting mats.

Ah..NO.

Each toon can only have 1 of the 6 crafts.

I got fed up reading after the first few pages of "you dont need this, you need that".

If a player would like to roll 16 then whats the issue?

If a player would like to roll 8 thens whats the issue?

Its down the choice and not your demand on what others do.

SWG I had one of everyclass maxed (yes several accounts)

AOC I had one of every class and six duplicates, one not maxed (yes two accounts)

I would like 16 as well, will I get it? guessing not as it seems unlikely BW will double your account size. But I will be happy to take whatever's free :p

Due to legacy I will only go one account/sever for the benefits.

Chill people and let there be difference :t_wink:

Well. The legacy system gives great incentive to level alts on the same server, and I am already maxed out at my server. I will need more slots to make use of it.

Guess you have some difficult decisions to make then don't you.

I got fed up reading after the first few pages of "you dont need this, you need that".

If a player would like to roll 16 then whats the issue?

If a player would like to roll 8 thens whats the issue?

You don't *need* more than 8 slots to cover all the bases.

You may *want* more than 8 slots, but you don't *need* them.

There are only 8 classes. 8 republic, and then the same 8 mirrored on the imp side.

There are only 8 storylines. 4 republic, and a different 4 on the imp side.

There are only 6 crafting skills. So if you want you can dupe 2 of them.

That being said, pretty sure they already said they were looking into adding more slots. Just that you don't *need* more slots. You can enjoy 100% of the game on the same server with the existing number of slots.

Failure to do so is really bad planning on whomevers part... and possibly a sign of OCD. Most people complain about having to do the same generic quests multiple times as they play through the different storylines. Why on earth would you do the same storyline twice? Especially so closely together? You can't have gone through it more than 3 months ago.

You don't *need* more than 8 slots to cover all the bases.

You may *want* more than 8 slots, but you don't *need* them.

This is a game. None of us *need* to be playing at all. I don't think BioWare would like its playerbase taking that thought to heart.

I still don't understand players arguing against more slots. What if BioWare were to give us 16 slots per server tomorrow--how would that harm you? It wouldn't. It may not add any value for you either--but it would add a lot of value for some of your fellow players.

If you want 16 slots per server, but you only have 8, you're out of luck.

If you only want 8 slots per server, but you have 16, you're just fine.

More slots per server means everyone wins. I promise, no one will show up on your doorstep with a gun to force you to roll characters you don't want just because you have available slots.

I just recently got my first character to 50. Now I have to focus on gearing him up for WZ and ops. I really don't have the time to start over with another character. I don't see how other's have so many alts and can still gear their main. And if your main is the one running ops, then what's the point of alts anyway? Do these ppl play 24 hours a day or something?