BW You're Going to Ruin Dark/Light Path Uniqueness

Dawginole

Stop saying Exar Kun. I said "in the cannon of Star Wars". Please tell me you people know what the cannon of Star Wars is? The cannon is the OT and NT and does not include the Expanded Universe. The EU is not part of the cannon because when GL says "this is what's what" that's it because it's his universe. His universe is the OT/NT and he generally stays out of the EU, but the EU is not cannon. Period.

Please see my post, all my evidence is from the movies...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop saying Exar Kun. I said "in the cannon of Star Wars". Please tell me you people know what the cannon of Star Wars is? The cannon is the OT and NT and does not include the Expanded Universe. The EU is not part of the cannon because when GL says "this is what's what" that's it because it's his universe. His universe is the OT/NT and he generally stays out of the EU, but the EU is not cannon. Period.

TOR is part of the same canon that Exar Kun is part of. TOR is EU canon, not the movie canon.

It's perfectly appropriate for people to use the EU for a game because it is in the same category.

LOLOLOLOL! If it has the words STAR WARS on it that means it was authorized and licensed by George Lucas and Lucas Arts, just because you lost the argument, don't go making crap up. And if you want a more recent example, try Mara Jade, you know Luke's WIFE and a light side wielder, she had a crimson light saber.

What the, you think you can just dismiss me the way you dismiss your companion?

How does your explanation make it any better? It's like saying Jedis can only use blasters with their companions out every 20 mins.

If what you say is true, if there are characters that can use force lightning without training, then how come there are NONE in the cutscenes that I've seen? How come there is no bountry hunter, or storm trooper using that? Keep in mind that I am only level 24, but I'm almost sure there are none in the entire MMO.

Immersion breaker is immersion breaker. It is very strange, that for a company that prides itself with lore and story, they now introduce something that will damage it.

Jedi Consular story says hi...and debunks your "untrained people cant use the force".

For one thing you're in the wrong era... Storm Troopers were mostly clones for a while and while there are Force Sensitive clones, Jango Fett was not descended from a line of Jedi nor Sith. Your "family tree" was a list of who is who and a child of a Force User would be able to access dormant powers every so often.

Ok but how come none of the ones in the game right now can do that? You're telling me that only the player stormtroopers have jedi blood in them?

Let me tell you why, because it is an immersion breaker! The devs do not want to use blue lightsaber wielding sith, and storm trooper using force push in stories, because it breaks immersion.

So how is it acceptable for players to use these immersion breakers, if the devs won't even want to use them for their cutscenes?

Jedi Consular story says hi...and debunks your "untrained people cant use the force".

Could you at least list out specifics instead of expecting me to know the jedi consular story when I've only played the jedi knight?

Some flesh raiders are force sensitive, but the ones that can use the Force have been trained.

I now read that a bounty hunter will be able to use force lightning? Total immersion breaker.

It's once every 20 minutes and doesn't work in warzones, operations and flashpoints. So who cares?

And the color of your weapon was the only unique identifier to your story line choices. And it destroys the lore. No light side character in the SW cannon ever uses a red saber, and no dark side character ever used a green/blue crystal.

WRONG! Luke himself used a red saber. Darth Vader used a blue saber right in the movies.

Edited by Caelrie

Could you at least list out specifics instead of expecting me to know the jedi consular story when I've only played the jedi knight?

Some flesh raiders are force sensitive, but the ones that can use the Force have been trained.

Consular companion Nadia Grell uses bursts of force powers and she's untrained. She uses the force in emotion and in short times as one would imagine an untrained wielder would do. She is taken as a padawan later in the story.

So does the entire species of nightsisters for that matter!

That plus there's nothing saying they weren't trained in how to use one force skill as a force sensitive just that they don't follow the path of a Jedi. Any force sensitive could pick up a holocron if they found one and learn its 'secrets'.

I thought DS/LS was kind of silly to begin with. The choices are incredibly inconsistent. And as far as limiting color choices with crystals, that was just dumb. Colors are traditional, not mandated in SW lore. Sith traditionally used artificial crystals that came out red unless treated differently. None of us are playing "traditional" characters in the game. We aren't random jedi or sith #354792. The real reason (I think) that they added in the crystal restrictions was because DS/LS doesn't really do anything but be a story element and realistically I think it should stay that way.

Consular companion Nadia Grell uses bursts of force powers and she's untrained. She uses the force in emotion and in short times as one would imagine an untrained wielder would do. She is taken as a padawan later in the story.

Yet another example of this is...

Nalen Raloch(sp?) on Tython... he isn't really trained in the Force until later and that's only if you're Lightsided.

Edited by Silthir

Restrictions for the sake of lore and game balance.

For balance yes, However lore wise there are no such restrictions. There have been a large number of Force adepts and jedi who offten used blasters. There have been a fue non force sensatives that have used lightsabers. Nothing in the lore say they cannot, the lore just says its just diffecult for non force sensatives to learn to use the standard lightsabers. There are variations of lightsabers that dont have the same risks involed making them much easier to pick up and learn.

There is also nothing in lore stating you had to be lightside to use a crystal atleast not when it came to naturally formed crystals. There are some exceptions for certain artifact crystals created (Synthetic) with sith alchemy.

Many dark jedi and sith lords (all considered strong in the darkside) have used blue crystals (including exar kun), and a number of jedi have used red.

Edited by lokivoid

Ok but how come none of the ones in the game right now can do that? You're telling me that only the player stormtroopers have jedi blood in them?

Let me tell you why, because it is an immersion breaker! The devs do not want to use blue lightsaber wielding sith, and storm trooper using force push in stories, because it breaks immersion.

So how is it acceptable for players to use these immersion breakers, if the devs won't even want to use them for their cutscenes?

There are no stormtroopers in this game....those don't exist until the Clone Wars.

Why so mad?

I also agree with OP, there's no point going lightside now.

I mean you get absolutely nothing for playing a lightside sith.

While darksiders at least gets an appearance option (Sith corruption on/off).

*sad panda over here*

LucasArts says the novels are canon too. Their word is worth more than yours on this subject. Period.

I also agree with OP, there's no point going lightside now.

I mean you get absolutely nothing for playing a lightside sith.

While darksiders at least gets an appearance option (Sith corruption on/off).

*sad panda over here*

You get to be a lightside Sith.

Edited by Caelrie

LOLOLOLOL! If it has the words STAR WARS on it that means it was authorized and licensed by George Lucas and Lucas Arts, just because you lost the argument, don't go making crap up. And if you want a more recent example, try Mara Jade, you know Luke's WIFE and a light side wielder, she had a crimson light saber.

Uh, still not OT/NT cannon. That's the point I was making. Thanks for playing.

I think all the lore debates about the movies vs the EU are more or less irrelevant because the crystal alignment mechanic violates all movie lore and all the EU lore.

Nowhere, in any Star Wars book or movie or comic has a Sith been physically incapable of equipping a red lightsaber. The current mechanic does, in fact, make it impossible for hundreds (maybe thousands) of Sith to equip a red lightsaber.

We can debate its value as a game mechanic all we want, but whether or not it violates lore is academic. It absolutely violates lore in every form cf canon that exists.

While i agree with OP i also think its a double-edged sword.. I myself want to play dark side sith but i dont like any of red/yellow/orange colors, so why should i be forced to play the game the way i dont want to just so that i can have the kind of lightsaber i want?

Bottom line is, people should stop caring about the colors so much and let people use what they want, its not like the color of somebody's lightsaber is going to ruin your game experience? Or i at least hope its not the case.

And what comes to rewards for being LS/DS, i think thats just bonus. They can always add more of those rewards too.