Ranked Warzones Broke on Arrival?

mBlakew

Using the Elo system, winners are rewards losers are punished. So Bioware is wanting me to use the "pre season" to test out their system and get war hero gear based on luck if I can only take 4 members of a group into the warzone.

Also, using the "pre season" to coordinate 4 players working together is useless when you get 8 man queues, which everyone says is the "real" season.

Also what if the "pre season" does end up meaning something? Maybe some brackets for season 1 are determined through this "pre season", bet everyone will be mad they didn't get clarification.

This isn't a thread for whining, it's a thread for clarification that Bioware seems to be ignoring. All it takes is Gabe or one of the devs to say, Hey this is what I meant.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So still nobody knows whether it´s going to be 4 or 8 man queues for patch 1.2?

Thats just great! I mean come on, ***...

If the devs really know anything about the pvp player base or pvp guilds, they have to know how important 8 man queues are; even pre-season 1...

Maybe I should chancel my account until 8 man pre season is confirmed, they won´t fool me!

And no - you can´t have my stuff :D

So still nobody knows whether it´s going to be 4 or 8 man queues for patch 1.2?

Thats just great! I mean come on, ***...

If the devs really know anything about the pvp player base or pvp guilds, they have to know how important 8 man queues are; even pre-season 1...

Maybe I should chancel my account until 8 man pre season is confirmed, they won´t fool me!

And no - you can´t have my stuff :D

It is assumed that Patch 1.2 will introduce ranked war zones but not 8 man queues. They said that was not in the short term. Maybe they will surprise us and actually make the pre season worthwhile with 8 man queues. So yeah, cancel away.

Actually, I'm more looking forward to Tera Online than GW2. After playing in the last Closed Beta test for Tera, I'm really enjoying the combat system and the PvP. The Guild vs Guild feature is something I'll never get tired of. I only mentioned GW2 because I know a lot of people are looking forward to it.

Not sure what version of Tera you were playing but its garbage, both closed i have tried... Have fun with that...

Hey guys,

After watching the live stream today I'm unclear about a few things.

Ranked Warzones are coming, however, 8 man queues are not coming at the same time.

So if I understand this correctly, Ranked Warzones are going to consist of 4 queued members + 4 random members.

So in theory the ranking are somewhat based on luck, or whether your 4 members can carry 4 maybe decent players.

Or are these ranked warzones going to be 4 V 4?

Anyone else confused by this?

There's nothing to be confused about. Bioware stated that there are individual rankings/performance as well as team.

There's nothing to be confused about. Bioware stated that there are individual rankings/performance as well as team.

We're all aware of this. They did not state 4 man queues or 8 man queues. Thanks for reading.

Also, using the "pre season" to coordinate 4 players working together is useless when you get 8 man queues, which everyone says is the "real" season.

Yeah, that's what puzzles me the most. As we can only assume their intentions atm (hell we don't even know wether it definitely is restricted to 4m), it can only be for the purposes of testing, iirc they even mentioned something with that gist.

If that's the case, what good serves a test where the circumstances are fundamentally different from the actual scenario, that is to be tested...?

Coordination and Composition, probably the deciding factors in ranked, will be under the radar for testing and then...BAM s1!

Edited by wtfnonamefree