Want so bad to like sorcerer...

Matters

Well I play a lightning spec sorcerer. I really wanna enjoy it too. I use Khem which he is ok but almost every pull he comes close to dying. I spend more time seething than I do fighting. Itay just be gear but I try to keep him up to date. I used andro for awhile but with strongs and elites we both go down fast. With my crappy computer kiting is not easy but I try my best and I'm still taken down pretty fast. I just don't enjoy spending most my time healing Khem and seething afterwords.

1) pimp khem's gear

2) no, really...pimp it out.

3) bubble him before every battle

4) rebubble when it drops

5) send him at the strong or elite specifically

6) use crowd control (whirlwind, electrocute, etc)

This will free you up to nuke away.

Edited by Adwynyth

1) pimp khem's gear

2) no, really...pimp it out.

3) bubble him before every battle

4) rebubble when it drops

5) send him at the strong or elite specifically

6) use crowd control (whirlwind, electrocute, etc)

This will free you up to nuke away.

I agree 100% on this. Companions are only about 1/3 as effective as you are at any given role. Tanking is already one of (if not the) most gear reliant roles in the game, doubly so for companion tanks. Giving Khem really good gear will help tremendously in the long run.

Agree with all that's been said above. Also, if you're having trouble with lightning, maybe try madness with a bit of corruption (to allow you to do some good healing?) I've found the following build is good for dps but still makes you a strong healer as well:

http://www.swtorstrategyguide.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/sorcerer-pvp-build.jpg

Just a thought, take it for what it's worth.

Side note: instead of using Seethe or healing spells to restore Khem back to full out of combat, simply mount up and dismount again, or right click his portrait and hit dismiss, then resummon him. Takes less than a a GCD in either case, restores him to full HP (even if he was dead!), removes all debuffs from him, and resets all of his cooldown spells. With this, you can treat him as a disposable meatshield. It doesn't matter if he gets low on health or dies, he's very easy and quick to get back. As long as he lives long enough for the mobs to die, he's done his job.

That said, the above advice (bubble him before the pull, and on cooldown during the fight, and keep his gear as upgraded as your own) is very important as well.

At some point between level 30 and 45 the green companion gear missions give you does not cut it anymore for tank companions.

At this point you'd want to have Synthweaving or Cybertech as your crafting skills or an alt with one of these, so you can pump out blue gear/mods for your tank companion to use.

My operative had Armstech as a crafting skill and halfway through Alderan Kalyio was just so weak of a tank it wasn't fun anymore.

Edited by System_Crush

...and an unintentional time saver between outdoor fights:

Instead of Setthing if you're in an area where your speeder can be used, summoning your speeder insta-heals your companion... enjoy :)

How have I not noticed this by now? What is this sorcery?

Also, stick with it and then just wait till you get Talos, the healer. After I got him, it was very rare to be killed by anything. And you will seethe a lot less. I found that I was mainly seething in the later part of the class quest to only get my force bar back up.

You will never really need anyone other than Talos once you get him. Unfortunately, you won't pick him up until a lot later in the game. I wish they'd given us the tank (Khem), followed by the healer (Talos).

Use your CC more. Sorcs have tons of CC that works on normal mobs, and quite a bit that works on strong+

Shock is a stun on normal mobs. Overload is an AE stun on normal mobs, and still knockbacks strong+

Force Lightning is a snare

For the usual 2-normal 1-strong pack: Bubble Khem, put Khem on the strong, shock the ranged, Force Lightning the melee. Overload. Finish killing the normals with your damage rotation (Lightning Strike into Chain), then kill the strong.