Merge servers. Save whats left.

Mrcheezle

So 5 p.m. EST and out of 120 N/A servers none have heavy population. About 30% are light. The two servers I play on are listed as standard and each have 120 people or less total in fleet on both sides. Far from being a MMO or "Massive" in any sense.

Come on EA don't be as stubborn as you were with WaR. You still have a chance to save what player base remains.

Mergers usually signal the end of a game. They give the company bad press (worse than what is going on now with the complaining about low pop servers) and tend to scare new players away from the game.

They are a last ditch effort to save a dying game. SWTOR does not qualify (though that is up for some debate, as I'm sure someone will comment on my comment here). You can ask all you want, but there will be no mergers. Not right now, anyway.

So 5 p.m. EST and out of 120 N/A servers none have heavy population. About 30% are light. The two servers I play on are listed as standard and each have 120 people or less total in fleet on both sides. Far from being a MMO or "Massive" in any sense.

Come on EA don't be as stubborn as you were with WaR. You still have a chance to save what player base remains.

/agree

Population is dropping on my server.

FYI fleet is approx 1/6 of server population. A bit of math and you'll get ~ 1500 total players.

But compared to January (2 fleet instances at once on my server, more than 300 players) game seems deserted right now.

Free weekly server transfers a-la Rift could solve all population problems. But "free" isn't EA/Bioware style so expect to see it as paid service in 6-12 months. So you better reroll immediately on most populated server - to cut your losses.

Edited by Pashgan

The game isnt dead or dying they have 3 full oceanic servers right now.

Your server is dying.

The Oceanic servers only opened a few weeks ago, so thats a pointless argument.

Server merges are required, I cant honestly understand how people can argue with that.

They were screwed no matter what they did. It was either infuriate everyone at launch who couldn't get in to play or merge servers later and freak out the doomsayers.

Although a certain soon to be released game may have found a way out of this horrible dilemma, and congrats to them if it works out.

hero engine is so crap it couldn't handle more than 20 players in an area, so they had to release with 10 million servers to compensate.

now everyone is playing single player.

So you are one of those people, eh?

120 sounds pretty good for 5pm.

My server rarely sees 100 in the fleet ever! We float around 40-70. I'd like to transfer to your server.

120 American servers is too many to begin with.

And I am an American.

This game has more servers than WoW with an 8th of the population. Of course the servers arent as full.

Moron.

this.

IMO they launched with way too many servers... I was shocked too see that many after installing.

And like many other points here.. OP is an idiot.

Ignore the BS replies OP.

You know the truth, anyone who plays on what was a high pop server knows the truth.

How bad are your guilds collapsing OP?

Ours are all falling apart on my server and consolidating. Pop times for WZ's are increasing, Huttball is now pretty common for Rep side, posts on the forums have subsided quite a bit.

Trying to find some open world PvP is like panning for gold in a gutter. I had two Imp's almost cry with joy when they found me running some old quests for some credits. I felt sorry for them and ran back so they could each kill me once.

A Rep team was looking for about half an hour to find an imp on Ilum... things are bad.