The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New abilities incoming in 1.2

zantezutske

They said NEW abilities, more specifically, they did not say MORE abilities.

So perhaps in 1.2 they are removing/replacing/seriously reworking some abilities that warriors have.

I would LUV if they rework Marauders abilities, right now it is like I am playing MAD-PIANO-FROM-HELL with the crazy ammount of buttons lol!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you bads qq'ing about hitting moar buttons lolz..

I would love more abilities..the sheer amount of abilities I currently have are what make the class fun.

Look out guys, we got a ****** over here. Having a lot of buttons to push doesn't make the game require more skill, just less coffee to keep you awake. If you want a game that requires a lot of keyboard presses and is entirely skill based, might I suggest Mavis Beacon?

Edited by xDreegan

Here are my hopes for the Warrior changes, in terms of juggernaut play.

Immortal - Not much work to be done here, maybe a few Skills could be changed or perhaps the nature of Defense can be changed, but otherwise the playstyle that is promoted within this tree in its current form is really fun. I hope they make changes that improve Immortal surivability while still keeping their stuns and utility in place.

Vengeance - This tree is an absolute mess. Points are too expensive and all your bread and butter Skills are on a 9 second cooldown, which means you have to resort to rotating lack luster attacks. The dots don't really help much for PvP and the survivability talents are way out of place. There is no flow to it at all. IMO the survivability in Vengeance should come from doing damage, not from doing defensive things, if that makes any sense. Also they need to change the way pooled hatred works, it currently isn't that great and doesn't add much to your overall burst in PvP.

Rage - This tree is also an absolute mess which borders in the areas of being over powered. IMO a good way to treat Rage would be to make it the Force Ability tree. One thing they could do is nerf the damage on smash but buff the damage on force scream. What do I mean by this? I think the tree could be better balanced if Force Scream was hitting in the 3.5-5.5k range while smash got its damage lowered. I'm just of the opinion that it is WAY to easy to do the amount of damage you do in Rage in its current form. The way the buffs work is also kinda wonky, its a good idea, but I think it could use some smoothing out.

tl;dr Immo needs minor survivability tweaking, Veng needs more upfront burst and less dots and herp-derp survivability and Rage needs its flow to be swapped around for higher single target burst and lessened aoe burst.

also, new abilities for warriors? Thanks bioware, just what I needed, more buttons.

Actually I disagree completely into your opinion about the immortal tree. THIS tree appears to be a mess for me.

-More survivability (less spike damage)

-More AE-threat (give us either some more dps - because dps is threat in this game - or attach certain threat boni to special skills like smash and slash)

-eventually even some more dps, if we suck in compare to BH and Assassin tanks

-a bit more rage generation, or making AEthreat skills cheaper ragewise, wouldn't be wrong either.

Edited by Midichlorien

no wars only suck compared to assasin tanks and they dont suck just assasin tanks seem to be better for what ever reason. Assasins seem to take less overall damage because it seems they have more defensive buffs to blow and shorter cds on there defensive buffs. but wars>bounty hunter tanks in my opinion with single target tanking. bh is best for aoe tanking with no doubt

All you bads qq'ing about hitting moar buttons lolz..

I would love more abilities..the sheer amount of abilities I currently have are what make the class fun.

No it doesn't. I just hit the shiny buttons in PvE only to generate damage, because damage is threat, that's all. You don't need 3 octaves of skills to rotate, if they all do the same for you as a Jug Immortal tank -> raw dps and threat. Such skills like hilt strike and kick are pretty useless skills in PvE and not usable at all in PvP.

But at least I need a better UI for this button mess.

Edited by Midichlorien

For immortal, all I hope for is

- smoother dps rotation that keeps up rage

- a pull (maybe even just put a talent in above the no channeling choke adding range/pull to it)

- a bit better baseline survivability

- aoe threat (add to somethnig like smash or something)

I keep my rage up just fine unless I start spamming Sweeping Slash or Slash for a bit for threat.

We could use a pull, but I don't think it's really needed

Our survivability should stay the same as other tanks

If you want something added to Smash get Decimate in the Vengeance Tree. I run a 31/3/7 build. So I also got an extra 6% chance to crit with it.

What the Immortal tree needs is to have that one box that raises Smash, Sweeping Slash and Backhand's damage, combined with Decimate. So Decimate is:

Increases Smashes damage by 13>26>39%, also increases Sweeping Slashes damage by 8>16>24%

Huddle and the Unremmeting equivalent in Vengeance, needs to be put in the Immortal Tree. Replace Unremmeting equivalent (sorry can't think of the name) with Solidified Force. and Replace huddle with a skill that lowers your threat and increases your DoT damage by 10% for the next 6 tics.

Change Huddle so it doesn't remove threat.

Endure Pain, make it so you don't lose health (if you're above max health when it ends it goes back down to your maximum). And the box that increases it's duration should lower damage from all types.

Sonic Barrier needs to scale with something besides Force Healing bonus, namely Stength, Defense, or Force Power. Or change it so it absorbs 10-15% of damage from attacks for 10 seconds (not sure how balanced this would be)

TL;DR...there is no TL;DR! :)

Look out guys, we got a ****** over here. Having a lot of buttons to push doesn't make the game require more skill, just less coffee to keep you awake. If you want a game that requires a lot of keyboard presses and is entirely skill based, might I suggest Mavis Beacon?

I rock at mavis beacon..like 120wpm so maybe that's why I don't have any problems with all the abilities we have?

If you're lazy and want an easier class to play may I suggest a merc? I rolled a merc alt for fun and just lawl tracer missile through wz's..1-3 buttons max. Perhaps that is better suited to your playstyle?

Seriously..if you are complaining about having to press too many buttons then roll another class..don't ruin it for the rest of us that enjoy the added complexity of this one. All this qq'ing is going to result in our class becoming easier to play and therefore boring to those that never had a problem to begin with.

I rock at mavis beacon..like 120wpm so maybe that's why I don't have any problems with all the abilities we have?

If you're lazy and want an easier class to play may I suggest a merc? I rolled a merc alt for fun and just lawl tracer missile through wz's..1-3 buttons max. Perhaps that is better suited to your playstyle?

Seriously..if you are complaining about having to press too many buttons then roll another class..don't ruin it for the rest of us that enjoy the added complexity of this one. All this qq'ing is going to result in our class becoming easier to play and therefore boring to those that never had a problem to begin with.

QFT. I tire of a certain vocal minority whining incessantly about how hard this class is to play. Seriously, if you find it that tough, Bounty Hunter is just a few clicks away.

It's not a hard class to play. People suffering from "mad cuz bad" and yelling for it to be simplified are fools.

Edited by AmedusTOR