Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is there a reason to roll any other class than an Assassin?

ThePoomz

Only that we cant push, we dont have dmg immunity and we die quite fast.

Quit crying and improve your game

Improve my game?

You know nothing about my play style and how I fare. I'm trying to understand this class and why it's near impossible to do anything against them.

They can't heal!..............................Others.

But seriously. I don't think their damage is too powerful. I see random videos of 4x 2k Force Lightning ticks but I've never been hit for close to that.

All Assassin-tank damage is mitigated by armor, too. I don't think they have a single attack that is elemental/internal in 31/0/10.

Edited by savionen

Improve my game?

You know nothing about my play style and how I fare. I'm trying to understand this class and why it's near impossible to do anything against them.

Well, we do know that you are complaining about a pretty balanced class. That sort of leads us to thinking that it's more of a skill issue then a balance issue.

The 31/0/10 spec needs a very good look at by the devs as it offers one of the largest amount of utilities in a spec with great mitigation and very good damage.

At the moment if you want to play the most versatile class, no there is no reason to roll any other class, but things change so go ahead and roll the FoTM.

Well, we do know that you are complaining about a pretty balanced class. That sort of leads us to thinking that it's more of a skill issue then a balance issue.

You telling me that the Assassin is balanced is the most insane thing you can say. Sorry, won't buy it fellas.

The 31/0/10 spec needs a very good look at by the devs as it offers one of the largest amount of utilities in a spec with great mitigation and very good damage.

At the moment if you want to play the most versatile class, no there is no reason to roll any other class, but things change so go ahead and roll the FoTM.

When wearing dps gear in tank spec yes we do decent damage but we still die pretty quick.

When wearing dps gear in tank spec yes we do decent damage but we still die pretty quick.

In what situation do you die "really quick". What armor do you have? Every good Sin I've faced or seen in action has great survivability.

Nope, no reason at all.

You should roll one. I bet you'll be in for a rude awakening.

Yeah i have been playing this spec since early access. I know it like the back of my hand. When i go up against a respec/re-roll i laugh. Its funny because there really has not been alot of talk about this class being OP until recently. I think it flew under the radar and when they changed/killed the hybrid spec players decided to go with darkness. It is a great 1v1 class but this is not a 1v1 game. If i go up against any class that knows what they are doing (I am not saying that you dont) I dont expect to "face roll" them.

Edited by cycao

Balanced against what exactly? Certainly you don't mean the other classes... it's not a skill issue.

Assassin-tank is like... a hard-counter to a Gunslinger.

I eat them as a Vanguard.

yeah have a hard time with vans/PT's, a really good healer, when facing more than one op/scoun, I dont win every fight i walk into.

Assassin-tank is like... a hard-counter to a Gunslinger.

I eat them as a Vanguard.

You go up against some terrible Assassins then.

They are our most direct counter, more so then Maras. (Course if we had a way to interrupt the force lightning heal it would completely the opposite)

Edited by exphryl

Pull.

Push.

Fast Run.

Vanish.

Stealth.

Insane DPS.

Ability to Tank.

Damage Immunity.

Am I missing something? Someone tell me why this class isn't absurd.

Are you familiar with AC's. If you see one shadow tanking and another doing DPS they may not be able to do both even though they all look alike.

What's Push?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.