The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Panel Discussion] Operations and Flashpoints (2:00PM CST)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is about Hardmode Flashpoints. Is there gonna be a way to implement a better loot system in the future? I noticed how pointless drops don't happen in Operations. Is there a way that you could possibly do that for HMs as well? Like adding something that can tell what classes are in the FP and itemize loot that way.

My question is about Hardmode Flashpoints. Is there gonna be a way to implement a better loot system in the future? I noticed how pointless drops don't happen in Operations. Is there a way that you could possibly do that for HMs as well? Like adding something that can tell what classes are in the FP and itemize loot that way.

No pointless drops in operations? Tell that to the two non-set chestpieces from Karagga gathering dust in my bank...

Pointless drops happen, just not as much because it won't drop gear for a class you don't have... It will however, drop the same Rakata token week after week even if all of your guild Consulars have it, and one for there offset, and companions, and alts...

Its not foolproof :)

New Operations + WZ are what I'm interested in... lets get this started... its 2!!!!

I think the main issue's with this are LFG functionality including advanced user options like setting requirements on slot positions by the group/group leader.

[EDIT] As well the OPTION of cross-server groups for those that play during low population times on their server (ex. my main server drops to about 30-50 Imperial side around 3 am CST every night). The OPTION part being there b/c Ops/FP groups are really the only sense of community that a server has right now and wouldn't want to destroy what little there is..

As well as small variation of FP's (map layout, boss locations/type, multiple paths [ie. running battle areas or puzzle/maze areas to reach same point]) to make them more enjoyable instead of memorisable.

Not to mention new ones or fixes/changes to existing. A large number of buges present with a number of the more complex bosses that glitch. (the cloning on D7 boss, immortality on some other stuff due to bugs, etc.)

Edited by SysOpPsyche

Will you be fixing how Master Loot works in Normal mode Operations? We would love to be able to assign the gear to the people that actually need it? The automatically assigned gear in normal mode doesn't work well at all. Edited by Galvatron