Guild Summit General Discussion

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as what the article says, that's how I interpreted it too. Which would mean that it has a gameplay effect on open world PvP. So, in that regard it could become a balance issue.

Again, the MMO aspects (such as Captain Crunch bunny hopping) is one thing and there's no avoiding that. The rest however (black sabers, non-force corruption, smugglers shooting force lightning) are actual features placed in the game by the devs.

And no, we can't turn it off. If I turn my force corruption off for my Smuggler, I will still see all the other Smugglers with their pale faces and red eyes. Same goes for the black sabers, I can choose not to use them but I still have to see them in-game.

That's the thing, those who like the choices get them, those who dislike them don't have a choice at all as it's being forced on them.

I think we can both agree that the Star Wars lore is one of the most iconic and loved fiction universes in the world, which means it's important to a lot of people. If you stray too far from the original or what makes sense or rather is appropriate from a lore perspective, you going to alienate a lot of hardcore fans.

Also, those saying that others complain can only do so because this specific issue is unimportant to them. They would be complaining just as much (or more) if something they actually cared about themselves was at risk.

SE

Well, "balance" in an Open-world PvP setting is all but impossible anyways, so you can't try to balance classes around such a dynamic setting.

I can understand not wanting to see that stuff and you have every right to voice your displeasure in changes being made. I gave the other guy grief because he decided to go the "doom'n'gloom" route, claiming this is another NGE (seriously?), etc...

I have no problem with people saying "Hey, not really a fan of this change for 'x' reasons, I would instead suggest doing something like 'y'," with them understanding that what they are asking might very well not be done, because Bioware has to look at the big picture and not try to cater to each individual request.

To that end, I wish they would've never implemented black lightsabers. I voiced my opinion on the matter at various times, constructively and without baseless threats and grand statements of doom, and then moved on. I'm definitely not saying you are being "that guy", SE, quite the opposite. You've always been very level-headed in these forums. :)

Edited by GamewizX

Please make the livestream mobile device compatible so I can watch on my iPhone while I'm at work! The stream doesn't work through swtor.com/guildsummit or the Livestream iPhone app...

While I tend to agree with you, access to certain functions from your ship will increase personal quality of life but detract from the overall feel of the game.

Access to the GTN and Mail, for example, would be hugely convenient. At the same time it would detract from the draw of The Fleet and make the game feel even more empty than it already does (at least on Repub side). So there has to be a give and take there to try to balance that convenience without detracting from the feel of the game overall.

Right I agree I just have this fear that to make the legacy system work they will just continue to throw features like Full GTN and mail boxes on ships and pretty soon you will have a Force Powered Smuggler that spends all his time on his ship waiting for his Flashpoint to pop.

I have seen devs do this before instead canning an idea that looks good on paper but sucks in reality they destroy the game just to try and make that one thing work.

Please make the livestream mobile device compatible so I can watch on my iPhone while I'm at work! The stream doesn't work through swtor.com/guildsummit or the Livestream iPhone app...

It would be nice, but I don't think it'll happen. :(

It would be nice, but I don't think it'll happen. :(

I'm not all that familiar with Streaming on Livestream, but it should just be an option to change on their end. Though it's EA's Livestream account, so I'm not certain BW has access to that aspect of it.

Well, "balance" in an Open-world PvP setting is all but impossible anyways, so you can't try to balance classes around such a dynamic setting.

I can understand not wanting to see that stuff and you have every right to voice your displeasure in changes being made. I gave the other guy grief because he decided to go the "doom'n'gloom" route, claiming this is another NGE (seriously?), etc...

I have no problem with people saying "Hey, not really a fan of this change for 'x' reasons, I would instead suggest doing something like 'y'," with them understanding that what they are asking might very well not be done, because Bioware has to look at the big picture and not try to cater to each individual request.

To that end, I wish they would've never implemented black lightsabers. I voiced my opinion on the matter at various times, constructively and without baseless threats and grand statements of doom, and then moved on. I'm definitely not saying you are being "that guy", SE, quite the opposite. You've always been very level-headed in these forums. :)

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. Right back at ya, btw. :)

True, one does not always have to agree, but at least one can try and see where the other person is coming from.

Anyway, I have a suggestion regarding the Legacy abilities that would allow them to still be in, but be (at least in my personal opinion) more "appropriate":

Only allow for cross-over within forceusing and non-forceusing classes.

In other words, a Smuggler could get abilities from the Trooper and the other way round, and the Jedi Knight and Consular could share their abilities, but never to a Smuggler or Trooper.

To me at least, it would make much more sense for a Sith Inquisitor to pass on his force lightning ability to his Sith Warrior son, than his Smuggler one for example.

Equally, a Trooper dad, would perhaps be more likely to pass on a Trooper trick or two to his Smuggler son, than to a Jedi Knight one.

This would allow for the system to still function and be implemented, only with the restriction of a "barrier" between forceusers and non-forceusers.

At least to me, this sounds like a reasonable compromise. Would love to hear what others think about it.

SE

Edited by ShavedEwok

True, one does not always have to agree, but at least one can try and see where the other person is coming from.

Anyway, I have a suggestion regarding the Legacy abilities that would allow them to still be in, but be (at least in my personal opinion) more "appropriate":

In other words, a Smuggler could get abilities from the Trooper and the other way round, and the Jedi Knight and Consular could share their abilities, but never to a Smuggler or Trooper.

To me at least, it would make much more sense for a Sith Inquisitor to pass on his force lightning ability to his Sith Warrior son, than his Smuggler one for example.

Equally, a Trooper dad, would perhaps be more likely to pass on a Trooper trick or two to his Smuggler son, than to a Jedi Knight one.

This would allow for the system to still function and be implemented, only with the restriction of a "barrier" between forceusers and non-forceusers.

At least to me, this sounds like a reasonable compromise. Would love to hear what others think about it.

SE

Lol i thought of an idea similar to this the other day so +1

Do not know much about WoW though I quit with my epic level 14 Warlock :D

Wait does this mean there will be a mass exodus of subs because of pets? :D

Actually probably a mass growth.

And for only $30.00 US you too can have this lovely Hoth ice monster mini pet.

Wait...shouldn't give them ideas. :p

SE

I personally find no fault with this compromise and would agree to it. :) Just keep passing along this suggestion once 1.2 hits the PTR and hopefully it gets noticed by Bioware.

Am I the only one getting music on the live stream? Been that way all day for me. Am I missing something or are they not streaming today?

36 minutes until it starts again. They took a break for a tour of the studio and lunch.

Do not know much about WoW though I quit with my epic level 14 Warlock :D

Wait does this mean there will be a mass exodus of subs because of pets? :D

As long as EA doesn't go the route that Activision has.

(Capturing, taming, battling with your pets. This is Star Wars, not Pokemon :p)