Paid Character Services coming?

axka

Paid Character Services like Re-customization, Server Change, Class (Allegiance) Change, anyone know if any of these are coming in the near future?

Personally I would love to be able to re-customize my character

I already PAID for the game, PAID for the subscription now you want me to PAY for a transfer because of your incompetence in filling even the pre-order guild registered servers? Or PAY to re-do my character because the toon customization looks like a game from 1980?

Oh please ArenaNet, save me!!!

I already PAID for the game, PAID for the subscription now you want me to PAY for a transfer because of your incompetence in filling even the pre-order guild registered servers? Or PAY to re-do my character because the toon customization looks like a game from 1980?

Oh please ArenaNet, save me!!!

Thats how the world is becoming :( The 1% are trying to grab even more for us.

Of course paid transfers will come - maybe even faction switch for mirror class.

Money is all that matters to any company theses days,customer service and satisfaction dissapeared a number of years ago.

You should see the amount of re-rolls already on Canderous Ordo server - literally 100's.

Every person i ask why they came to the server - "it seems factionally balanced and busy".

After everyone has paid for their transfers to <insert populated server> which there are few of - oh hey CD is fairly populated - anyone who wants to play on pve just come here,pretty sure you will find all the groups/people you need for quests/fp's - i imagine once they have drained every last coin from people then you will hear a server merger.

Remember - money is everything and your customer satisfaction means nothing for we are all slaves to the Matrix.

• 1 year later...

I'm shocked this hasn't been implemented yet. It shouldn't take the developers years to add paid character services. Yes it took World of Warcraft a few years before they added this feature but seriously, character services such as; name change, appearance change, sex change, race change. faction change, should be common sense to add at this point. We're the people spending many hours with these characters and we should never be deterred from playing them simply because were tired of looking at them.

Minor changes such as haircuts, facial hair, eye color, scars, etc should be in-game currency.

Body changes, sex changes, race changes, name changes, legacy name changes, server transfer, should be cartel currency.

Faction changes and class changes can be implemented if the devs want it but it is probably to difficult to implement due to story progression. Frankly I don't want to change factions or classes just my characters appearance.

Devs can make money from this and players can really enjoy playing their characters. I don't see the harm in any of this.

Holy necro Batman!

But yea, this is still relevant I guess. Anyway, I think I remember reading that everything mentioned except faction change is coming "this summer". It also sounds like it will all be paid for via cartel coins.

It also sounds like it will all be paid for via cartel coins.

If that would be the case then that would be sweet. Collecting CC from monthly grants so hoping the transfers will be "free" then. Depends on the price and the CC I've collected till it happens. :D

If that would be the case then that would be sweet. Collecting CC from monthly grants so hoping the transfers will be "free" then. Depends on the price and the CC I've collected till it happens. :D

I think the guy before me had the right idea actually. Minor changes (hair style/color, jewelry, cosmetics, facial hair, and tattoos) should be done by a vendor for in game currency on the capital planet and/or fleet. Major changes (species, gender, body type, face, scars, skin color, name and server) should be handled via the cartel market.

Check out the Dev posts on this by reading through the Dev tracker.

They've commented on Server Transfers -- we will have them this year. Before implementing them, they wanted to make sure they worked. The PTS Character Copy was step 1.

They've discussed the problems with a faction change -- don't count on ever seeing it. There are WAY too many variables in the game dependent on that, and with companions -- not something they want to mess around with at the moment.

Recustomization to a certain extent is coming soon with the addition of the "Barbershop."

They've stated numerous times that they don't plan an advanced class change, but it isn't impossible.

They shouldn't allow species changes. If you wanted to be another race reroll to that race. I like the rest of it though.

Why not. If you're paying real money for the transfer, they should allow it all. I would like to change my Sorc into a Zabrak but I have a lot of CM stuff on her. There's no way I'm losing it, so why can't I change her species if I'm willing to pay for that change.

Why not. If you're paying real money for the transfer, they should allow it all. I would like to change my Sorc into a Zabrak but I have a lot of CM stuff on her. There's no way I'm losing it, so why can't I change her species if I'm willing to pay for that change.

Some doors should not be opened.

Holy necro Batman!

But yea, this is still relevant I guess. Anyway, I think I remember reading that everything mentioned except faction change is coming "this summer". It also sounds like it will all be paid for via cartel coins.

I know they said you will not be able to change your character from male to female etc. If you had explored the romance option that would mess up too many things in the story.

Would you be willing to lose your Species Legacy Unlock to do it, because that should be a given, so that people don't just buy this to get another unlock. For example, I leveled up my Sorc as a Sith Pureblood. Then used that same species as my Jedi Sentinel. If I wanted to change my Sorc to another species, I should be required to first pay to change my Sentinel to a different species as a Jedi Knight would not be able to be a Sith Pureblood without the Legacy Unlock.

Similarly I don't ever see being able to switch factions for actually a different reason, but one which would be best illustrated by the Dev post regarding Sex Change, there is too much built up into your character, and it's relationship with it's companions. How would you change a BH to a Trooper, the first companion isn't of the same type, so early on it would not be possible, and by the time that you do get them to the same number of companions of the same type, they are pretty much both towards the end of the class story. For those reasons I don't see BioWare ever making Faction changes possible unless they made it a CM & Legacy Unlock with such a long convoluted quest line, and then you would have to retain the same class and companions. I personally don't see it fitting with the story too well for either the Trooper, BH, Imperial Agent, or the Smuggler due to the story and their interactions with the opposing faction.The Sith & Jedi could make sense if done right, with a Light Sith/Dark Jedi requirement as well as the Legacy/CM requirement.

I would like name changes, and appearance changes, but I have always been against the idea of changing your species, or any major changes to appearance. Facial surgery can make sense, but height not so much:) As for faction changes, I would love that, as my BH is mostly light side, but it wont happen. I liked COH alignment change, but that didn't have a lot of story based around it. I think it would have to have been done at the beginnng, or even allow for some of the classes to be rolled imp side or rep side. Hell Bounty hunters and smugglers aren't all bad guys or good guys. Imps would have troopers, and rep has agents. Only classes that should have been locked Empire and Rep should have been Jedi and Sith. But that ship has come and gone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.