Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rated Huttball? RUSRS?

TiTaNsFaN

Can anyone who values high level pvp play at all take huttball seriously?

Does Bioware not realize that the silly mini-game rated huttball will be dominated by a combination of Sorcs/*INSERT TANKY HUTTBALL RUNNER HERE w/ Guard* (Jugg/Assasin usually).

Why is there not more outcry for a real pvp mode in this game? So much wasted potential.

Give me deathmatch or give me Guild Wars 2.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

huttball is great fun, its like a sport and requires teamwork and tactics.

Sure the mobs of trolls who roll DPS toons and only want to kill prolly don't like it because it requires them to leave their tunnel vision glasses at home.

No, it's a silly mini-game with objectives that highly favor some classes above others.

I want deathmatch, as any self-respecting pvper would.

No, it's a silly mini-game with objectives that highly favor some classes above others.

I want deathmatch, as any self-respecting pvper would.

Wrong. It favors ANY class that uses teamwork effectively. I've ran every comp. under the sun and had the same end result. Total domination.

Can anyone who values high level pvp play at all take huttball seriously?

Does Bioware not realize that the silly mini-game rated huttball will be dominated by a combination of Sorcs/*INSERT TANKY HUTTBALL RUNNER HERE w/ Guard* (Jugg/Assasin usually).

Why is there not more outcry for a real pvp mode in this game? So much wasted potential.

Give me deathmatch or give me Guild Wars 2.

I like how you say give me Deathmatch or GW2...GW2 doesn't have deathmatch, it has TEAM based Conquest PvP and open world PvP. Deathmatch is stupid. Go back to WoW for that

LOL no. Spoken like a true Sorc/Sage.... only a Sorc/Sage would think Huttball was anything less than complete trash.

I'm a Sniper. I'm next to useless in Hutt Ball.

It's still the only decent Warzone in this game. Battle of Gilneas and SOTA aren't all that fun....I mean Civil War and Voidstar.

While I usually refrain from jumping into obvious troll threads where the OP is getting attacked, he does have one valid point.

Talking about Huttball as a ranked warzone will, by it's design, change the team structures into those with the most utility. Pure DPS will never be a primary concern. Teams have something to lose if they put together a weaker pre-made huttball team than the other side. The focus will be on sorcs/sages and ball runners. Many classes won't even be considered for a ranked team, mine is one of them (operative).

Alderaan and voidstar are different in that DPS does matter a lot. The downside is that tanks will be the least useful in those warzones and the nature of those warzones allow for a more varied team setup.

I get offended at Sorc's who actually think Huttball takes skill to play when it is clearly their class and not them.

And no... Huttball is a terrible map that gives massive advantage to many certain classes..... ranged have massive advantage over melee.... Sorc/Sages have massive advantage over non-sprinters. That is true and anyone who doesn't think it is... is in denial and wrong... and horrible.

There's always going to be modes where one or two classes will be the overall strongest and where others are not amazing. 8 different (advanced) classes will never be completely balanced across all forms of PvP. It doesn't make Huttball broken.

Edited by Rogmar

While I usually refrain from jumping into obvious troll threads where the OP is getting attacked, he does have one valid point.

Talking about Huttball as a ranked warzone will, by it's design, change the team structures into those with the most utility. Pure DPS will never be a primary concern. Teams have something to lose if they put together a weaker pre-made huttball team than the other side. The focus will be on sorcs/sages and ball runners. Many classes won't even be considered for a ranked team, mine is one of them (operative).

Alderaan and voidstar are different in that DPS does matter a lot. The downside is that tanks will be the least useful in those warzones and the nature of those warzones allow for a more varied team setup.

How are Operatives not good for Huttball? Stealth is amazing at assisting in controlling the middle. You can Park an Operative DPS in the middle, and gank anyone who tries to recover the ballspawn.

I disagree. Operatives have plenty they can bring, whether it's in controlling mid or getting ahead to pop out of stealth in the endzone while the whole other team is focused on the guy with the ball or simply bursting down the enemy carrier/healers.

How are Operatives not good for Huttball? Stealth is amazing at assisting in controlling the middle. You can Park an Operative DPS in the middle, and gank anyone who tries to recover the ballspawn.

You can assassinate the Sorcs/Sages who run ahead of the ball for rescues, too. People focus too much on the action directly around the ball.

The idea of huttball is to win, not stats, not killing people.

You kill people that attempt to stop you from scoring thats about it......

This is why they need ranked pvp because bads ruining the game for the other guys on the team.

You got 2 or 3 guys trying to score and random pug player over here chasing people on the other side of the map trying to get a kill.

Rated Huttball will literally be the biggest bag of failure I have ever seen in any mmo. This is coming from a sin who wins 9/10 huttballs. I'm warning you. It is a very, very, bad idea to let that go live. Huttball is not balanced and if anything streams blatant class favouritism, it is this. Edited by Xinika

You can assassinate the Sorcs/Sages who run ahead of the ball for rescues, too. People focus too much on the action directly around the ball.

Exactly. It's like Football...people only focus on the QB, the guy catching a ball mostly, completely ignoring the fact it's the result of actions that take completely away from the ball. It's ridiculous that people think HB is all about sprinting to one side. You can't just cheese your way into the End Zone against any competent team, regardless of their AC composition.

Exactly. It's like Football...people only focus on the QB, the guy catching a ball mostly, completely ignoring the fact it's the result of actions that take completely away from the ball. It's ridiculous that people think HB is all about sprinting to one side. You can't just cheese your way into the End Zone against any competent team, regardless of their AC composition.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Rated Huttball will literally be the biggest bag of failure I have ever seen in any mmo. This is coming from a sin who wins 9/10 huttballs. I'm warning you. It is a very, very, bad idea to let that go live. Huttball is not balanced and if anything streams blatant class favouritism, it is this.

No, it doesn't. Any comp can easily win so long as the team WORKS TOGETHER (I know, a foreign concept to some here)