TOR Bounty Hunter > Boba Fett

Aximand

yes he has

In reference to his own universe, I'm sure if you asked about before hand he would state the same, the only reason he didn't was because he was talking in reference to after the story of HIS films, in HIS universe, stop taking that quote and stating that means anything Post-ROTJ is not canon, it IS, DEFINITELY, C-canon, in the EU.

yes he has

Doesn't that quote go on to say "that all happened in a separate universe to my Star Wars story.".

Or something along those lines?

I love that no one is sticking to the topic and everyone is just talking about canon, lol. :p

Pretty much happens every time the name "Fett" is mentioned.

Edited by Aximand

In reference to his own universe, I'm sure if you asked about before hand he would state the same, the only reason he didn't was because he was talking in reference to after the story of HIS films, in HIS universe, stop taking that quote and stating that means anything Post-ROTJ is not canon, it IS, DEFINITELY, C-canon, in the EU.

for the millionth time for something to be canon in the EU it has to conform to G-canon ie HIS universe.

This is how Star Wars canon works.

Edited by jarjarloves

for the millionth time for something to be canon in the EU it has to conform to G-canon ie HIS universe.

G-canon=/=His own universe.

His own universe also contains The Clone Wars and mentions of Darth Bane/Darth Ruin, none of those are G-canon.

G-canon is JUST the movies.

G-Canon does not encompass the whole of his own universe.

G-Canon isn't the same as GL's own universe..

A canon expert such as yourself must've known that already?

:rolleyes:

G-canon=/=His own universe.

His own universe also contains The Clone Wars and mentions of Darth Bane/Darth Ruin, none of those are G-canon.

G-canon is JUST the movies.

G-Canon does not encompass the whole of his own universe.

look again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe."

look again

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe."

You are using a generalized statement.

His universe is the Star Wars saga, The Clone Wars, and a thousand years of barely talked about history, including Darth Bane and Darth Ruin, he has also alluded to the idea that The Force Unleashed is part of his universe, as he claimed that it is 'Integral to the story of Darth vader.', you are simply wrong with the belief that the G-canon level in the EU is his own universe.

It can't be in the first place given that the 'G-canon' level of canon only exists in the EU, as there aren't any levels of canon in his universe, it is just his own universe.

You are using a generalized statement.

His universe is the Star Wars saga, The Clone Wars, and a thousand years of barely talked about history, including Darth Bane and Darth Ruin, he has also alluded to the idea that The Force Unleashed is part of his universe, as he claimed that it is 'Integral to the story of Darth vader.', you are simply wrong with the belief that the G-canon level in the EU is his own universe.

It can't be in the first place given that the 'G-canon' level of canon only exists in the EU, as there aren't any levels of canon in his universe, it is just his own universe.

No no. I am not saying that I am saying that the EU ie C-canon has to conform to all higher forms of canon ie G-canon and T-canon but we can ignore that because nothing post ROTJ contradicts anything in the Clone wars. With the exception of Boba Fetts original back story and so on.

Leeland Chee confirms this

CHEE: "GL is certainly not bound by the EU, though he's certainly open to using things created in it (Aayla Secura and the Coruscant name, for example). On the other hand, the quote you provide makes it sound like the EU is separate from George's vision of the Star Wars universe. It is not. The EU must follow certain tenets set by George through the films and other guidelines that he provides outside of the films."

No no. I am not saying that I am saying that the EU ie C-canon has to conform to all higher forms of canon ie G-canon and T-canon but we can ignore that because nothing post ROTJ contradicts anything in the Clone wars. With the exception of Boba Fetts original back story and so on.

Leeland Chee confirms this

CHEE: "GL is certainly not bound by the EU, though he's certainly open to using things created in it (Aayla Secura and the Coruscant name, for example). On the other hand, the quote you provide makes it sound like the EU is separate from George's vision of the Star Wars universe. It is not. The EU must follow certain tenets set by George through the films and other guidelines that he provides outside of the films."

That isn't my point, my point is that, the G-canon cannot be His universe, as they are two different things, with differing content in them.

• 1 month later...
Good lord.

"LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

T-canon refers to the canon level comprising only the two television shows: Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series. Its precedence over C-Level canon was confirmed by Chee.

C-canon is primarily composed of elements from the Expanded Universe including books, comics, and games bearing the label of Star Wars. Games and RPG sourcebooks are a special case; the stories and general background information are themselves fully C-canon, but the other elements such as character/item statistics and gameplay are, with few exceptions, N-canon.

S-canon is secondary canon; the story itself is considered non-continuity, but the non-contradicting elements are still a canon part of the Star Wars universe. This includes things like the online roleplaying game Star Wars: Galaxies and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N-canon is non-canon. "What-if" stories (such as stories published under the Star Wars: Infinities label), crossover appearances (such as the Star Wars character appearances in Soulcalibur IV), game statistics, and anything else directly contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N-canon is the only level that is not considered official canon by Lucasfilm. A significant amount of material that was previously C-canon was rendered N-canon by the release of Episodes I-III.

GL makes up a new version every morning when he wakes up. If you want any consistancy then you hafto go Canon.