What do you do as a BM when...

Niconogood

... you join a PuG and all your teammates have below 14k HP?

Personally I leave. Not to be an ******e, but simply because I probably wont get a win, and playing pretty much alone vs an entire team is not all that fun either. Winning is also the only reason to play as BM, to complete the dailys. And as of now theres also no penalty for leaving.

Must suck for fresh 50 players pugging it, seeing the few higher ranked players leave as soon as they enter, having to play against probably better geared players with players short, losing game after game... But thats nevertheless how the BW intends it to be given the current game layout.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do check people out to see who my healing priorities are likely to be. I don't leave if there's a bunch of undergeared players in queue with me. Win some, lose some. It's not a huge deal to me. I can find fun in a loss. Besides, if they really are super undergeared compared to the other team, at least it'll be over quickly. :p Edited by belialle

I normally realize this in mid match, and what i do (I am a Powertech) go to the enemy trench and wait for someone to ress, and grapple him down and kill him. Rinse and repeat until u got about 4+ people in their in which moment u should probably start running. :)

In my rush to reach lvl 50 I somehow missed the now obvious fact that 50s don't play with the lvl 10-49s. So was totally fresh when I started playing wz's at max lvl. And it's about playing usefully. Sure you won't take anyone down 1 on 1 but you can contribute. I think it is sad that people leave but I know what op is saying. I'm sure a lot of imps do their weekly wz Q in a day where as for us it can be longer. *Cough* and when you have limited time you wanna get your daily wins... The obvious problem is the lack of debuff when you quit but I'm sure they said it will be in the next patch.

My 2 pence. (coz I'm English)

I normally realize this in mid match, and what i do (I am a Powertech) go to the enemy trench and wait for someone to ress, and grapple him down and kill him. Rinse and repeat until u got about 4+ people in their in which moment u should probably start running. :)

I see how you as a powertech still can have fun. As a healer however. Trying to heal undergeared people that basically just evaporate in 3 seconds is very ungratifying. Thus leaving is a very tempting option.

... you join a PuG and all your teammates have below 14k HP?

Personally I leave. Not to be an ******e, but simply because I probably wont get a win, and playing pretty much alone vs an entire team is not all that fun either. Winning is also the only reason to play as BM, to complete the dailys. And as of now theres also no penalty for leaving.

Must suck for fresh 50 players pugging it, seeing the few higher ranked players leave as soon as they enter, having to play against probably better geared players with players short, losing game after game... But thats nevertheless how the BW intends it to be given the current game layout.

Why not take it as an opportunity to assist your faction/fellow players to get better so you have a better chance to have that "elite" pug team thats your looking for to carry your sorry butt to your all important win.

I always queue with 3 or a full 4, but we usually just inform the really low ones (12-14k's) to focus on the objectives. We'll mock a lot of the 12k Guardians though, hehe.

As long as you've got a really solid team that you're queuing with, the quality of the rest doesn't matter too much, you can usually overcome any differences.

First it was 12k health and you're dead weight. Now it's 14k and you're dead weight. In 3 weeks it will be 16k and you're dead weight.

How about if you need some magic number of HP on your team, you don't que solo. Save everyone else from having to deal with your quitter ***.

First it was 12k health and you're dead weight. Now it's 14k and you're dead weight. In 3 weeks it will be 16k and you're dead weight.

How about if you need some magic number of HP on your team, you don't que solo. Save everyone else from having to deal with your quitter ***.

I agree these people complaining about fresh 50's entering wz's and them leaving are the actual scrubs. They just got lucky they got the gear and hit valor 60 early.

14k hp?i jump from joy,since latelly i m getting teamed with ppl around 12kish

Seems i am the only sucker that i bought stuff from gtm when i dinged 50!stuff that i still use..

Edited by tsupra

This db reaction is like: *** are you doing in WZ before you got all BM gear and rakata?

Seriously you need to learn to play a game to have fun, and you can have fun even if you don't win, and also make friends and spot good players who may not have the gear now, but soon, so you know with who you can group in near future etc.

Kind of funny. I have full Champion gear minus the one Cent top and my health is only 14600 unbuffed. I kill full BM players quite regularly. Even ones running around with 18-20k health. What that tells me is that BM does not mean a damn thing if the person does not know how to use the gear. Edited by Uachet

the level of douchbaggery on this game is amazing.

12k HP means you're going to spend more time in the Spawn area than anywhere else. You're a detriment to your team. Going in with 12k or less and then crying "it's not fair" when you get demolished is what makes you a douchebag when all you have to do is 1 or 2 days of Bel/Ilum PvE to get more than that.

Edited by nschlan

12k HP means you're going to spend more time in the Spawn area than anywhere else. You're a detriment to your team. Going in with 12k or less and then crying "it's not fair" when you get demolished is what makes you a douchebag when all you have to do is 1 or 2 days of Bel/Ilum PvE to get more than that.

Cause it's all about YOU. Thanks didn't realize :cool:

Cause it's all about YOU. Thanks didn't realize :cool:

No, it's about the TEAM. If you actually knew how to read you would've seen that I said you're hurting the TEAM. You come in at 12k health, you're taking a spot that could be used by someone who isn't too lazy for dailies and could contribute more to the TEAM.

Edited by nschlan

I just accept the fact we're gonna lose before the game even started especially if it's a republic team we're against. On our server, 90% of the imps that que are exactly that, in greens and blues while it seems there is no such thing as a republic pug. Every game you face them it's double pre-mades in full champ/bm gear so right off the hop, you're team even with a pre-made is f#$ked.

Trying to even heal these 12-14k people isn't even worth the gcd as they'll generally be dead before your heal even lands. Extremely frustrating that pugs dictate atm your losing before the matches even start. Best you can hope for is imp vs imp. It's great getting the repub teams to face off against, but frustrating when all your pugs have nothing for gear basically meaning you've lost already.